Sign in to follow this  
priorzeus

Failing to understand something about this game

Hi guys,

I'm failing to understand something about this game which I hope someone can fill me in on.

So I am playing the Dogs of War mission, where I have to capture supply depots. The problem is as soon as I do, another supply depot is recaptured back off of me. Well, that's simple, someone may answer, you just have to construct adequate defences around the captured supply depot. So I go to my outpost construction options and I have a few static weapons options, but when I create said weapon there is no one to man them! I then went to the supply depot options and I have one item I can buy, an empty UAZ. I can't buy any infantry, other vehicles, just an empty UAZ. I don't know about you guys, but an empty UAZ really isn't a practical form of defence. This can't be right, where are all my other items that I should surely be able to construct? I must have missed something.

The defense patrols and the garrison units for static defenses are dependent upon the supply value (SV) for a town. The static garrison starts out small but reinforces periodically so long as the SV is high enough. The SV has to be raised higher for the heavier patrols to appear. To increase the SV, have your team members run supply trucks back and forth between your towns and base. Each supply truck that reaches the depot increases the SV.

Certain static defenses and barriers can be built using a repair truck. It can help fortify the camps and depot. Since the Depot can't build a static defense it's a good idea to use a repair truck to give it something, but your team members may have to man the defense if the garrison is low.

The UAZ is good for driving back to base rather than walking. Base is where you purchase additional team members, supply trucks and a repair truck.

--- edit --

(Almost forgot) The Commander can also adjust how supplies delivered by the supply trucks are distributed to the town. By right-clicking on the depot while the High Command is active, more supplies can be applied to defense or more to the SV. The default distribution ratio used by AI Commanders is 60-40 defense/supply. My understanding of it is that a higher defense ratio increases the garrison who man the static defenses, whereas a greater supply ratio helps raise the SV quickly to obtain the heavier town patrols. If the ratio is 100-0, all of the delivered supplies will go towards increasing the garrison; if ratio is 0-100 all of the supplies go to the town's SV for patrols. Once the SV hits peak, it can be adjusted for a stronger garrison defense since the heaviest patrols available will be appearing.

Edited by OpusFmSPol

The defense patrols and the garrison units for static defenses are dependent upon the supply value (SV) for a town. The static garrison starts out small but reinforces periodically so long as the SV is high enough. The SV has to be raised higher for the heavier patrols to appear. To increase the SV, have your team members run supply trucks back and forth between your towns and base. Each supply truck that reaches the depot increases the SV.

Certain static defenses and barriers can be built using a repair truck. It can help fortify the camps and depot. Since the Depot can't build a static defense it's a good idea to use a repair truck to give it something, but your team members may have to man the defense if the garrison is low.

The UAZ is good for driving back to base rather than walking. Base is where you purchase additional team members, supply trucks and a repair truck.

--- edit --

(Almost forgot) The Commander can also adjust how supplies delivered by the supply trucks are distributed to the town. By right-clicking on the depot while the High Command is active, more supplies can be applied to defense or more to the SV. The default distribution ratio used by AI Commanders is 60-40 defense/supply. My understanding of it is that a higher defense ratio increases the garrison who man the static defenses, whereas a greater supply ratio helps raise the SV quickly to obtain the heavier town patrols. If the ratio is 100-0, all of the delivered supplies will go towards increasing the garrison; if ratio is 0-100 all of the supplies go to the town's SV for patrols. Once the SV hits peak, it can be adjusted for a stronger garrison defense since the heaviest patrols available will be appearing.

Thank you for explaining it! :rthumb: