gridley

My Voice Attack profile for AI control - user input wanted

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.I have VA for Elite Dangerous. I take it ,it can only be used when using A.I,not in multiplayer to select gear,etc?

Hipporider

No, you can use it for every single keyboard command regardless of the game type. Voice recognition works perfectly well in multiplayer. As it interferes only with your own system, you don't have to consider BattleEye or the server you play on.

But there's one thing you'll have to be aware of in multiplayer: If your voice recognition software receives a spoken word it has been trained to accept, it will generate the corresponding key stroke. Obviously the software cannot distinguish between something you say to another person and a command to your own computer. Thus you'll have to make sure that your software does not listen when you speak to a human player. In other words: If you use push-to-talk on Teamspeak, it makes sense to configure this same key to temporarily mute your VA. Or, you can simply assign different keys for Teamspeak and VA.

(The spoiler in my signature links to a list of commands which I use for voice recognition in SP and MP alike and some profiles I made for similar software.)

Hipporider

No, you can use it for every single keyboard command regardless of the game type. Voice recognition works perfectly well in multiplayer. As it interferes only with your own system, you don't have to consider BattleEye or the server you play on.

But there's one thing you'll have to be aware of in multiplayer: If your voice recognition software receives a spoken word it has been trained to accept, it will generate the corresponding key stroke. Obviously the software cannot distinguish between something you say to another person and a command to your own computer. Thus you'll have to make sure that your software does not listen when you speak to a human player. In other words: If you use push-to-talk on Teamspeak, it makes sense to configure this same key to temporarily mute your VA. Or, you can simply assign different keys for Teamspeak and VA.

(The spoiler in my signature links to a list of commands which I use for voice recognition in SP and MP alike and some profiles I made for similar software.)

Thanks for the reply.reply. Thats great news,that VA can be used in general coop/multiplayer.Well i thought it should ,as i know it maps keys to speech. I wouldn't mind using it in DayZ as well.When the game isnt glitching its little heart out.LOL

Hipporider

Once you're happy with your VA profile please consider sharing it here so that everybody can use it. (I wish I could use it too, but it seems I'm stuck wich VAC for the time being.)

Gridley,

if you like to, feel invited to register on livrot.com and PM you account name to me - I give you a full license for free.

The SRGS grammar options or at least the $placeholder should permit for even better ARMA voice profiles using LMC.

I took the liberty to convert you profile into a LMC profile (LMC can load basic data of VA profiles) and to upload it in the livrot.com support section.

You may want to check how the wildcards perform with LMC and other features as well.

regards,

Torvil Stegann

Gridley,

if you like to, feel invited to register on livrot.com and PM you account name to me - I give you a full license for free.

The SRGS grammar options or at least the $placeholder should permit for even better ARMA voice profiles using LMC.

I took the liberty to convert you profile into a LMC profile (LMC can load basic data of VA profiles) and to upload it in the livrot.com support section.

You may want to check how the wildcards perform with LMC and other features as well.

regards,

Torvil Stegann

Hey Torvil,

may i ask for a license aswell?

here's my livrot username: 2ji8888

thanks!

Hey Torvil,

may i ask for a license aswell?

here's my livrot username: 2ji8888

thanks!

Done.

cheers,

Torvil

I made the first profile which includes commands to individual soldiers or whole squad. You just make two identical profiles. Name the first profile as arma-squad and second arma soldier.

Now the idea is that the arma-squad profile is the main profile which is activated and commands there start with "execute another command"(can be found under "other" button) and remember to check the box "wait until it done" this makes sure that whole team is selected before VA presses buttons further. Ok when this is done,you can now command the whole team by just yelling orders. But for commanding individual soldiers,or smaller teams. You need another profile. Now you go to arma-squad and make commands which chooses individual soldiers and teams. After the keypresses you add "switch to profile arma-soldier" this can also be found under the "other" button. Okies now you need to go to arma-soldier profile and add command "switch to other profile arma-squad" after the commands in this profile so it always returns to arma-squad. After you have done this. You can actually command the whole squad,teams or individual soldiers quite well. The VA works nice and you can actually give quite precise orders. Like assign 3 men to flank right, two and three to give supressing fire and order medic to heal the injured (you just need to know which number is medic or asdign medic always to same number.) and still advance with rest of the men.