Sign in to follow this  
inmate7356

ArmA 2 OA WILL NOT START!!!

So I recently reinstalled my copy of ARMA 2 OA and found out that if I try to launch it from steam nothing happens.

ARMA 2 works fine.

If I try to launch arma2oa_be.exe from game's folder, I get 0xc000009a eror.

I've disabled my firewall/antivirus , deleted all battleye files/arma2 oa .exe's and uninstalled them then verified game cache but nothing happens..i can however start the game through steam by choosing to start arma2 oa with out battleye then go to multiplayer join server and get kicked with a cmd prompt telling me to run arma2oa_be.exe or use steam command line... any ideas on how to get it to work? i can press enter a million times on the arma2oa_be.exe and it says battleye failed to start etc.

Edited by inmate7356

exit steam

right click on it, run as administrator

in steam library, with empty start line for each game

start Arma 2 and go to single player, editor, place a playable unit and click preview

when you see your rifle, exit to desktop

repeat for OA

repeat for any DLC you have

at the end, re-load OA in steam, not using any BE version directly, it will choose it automatically, and assuming your firewall is allowing it, BE will update and off you go

I have tried this and I get this error as well, I think it has something to do with yesterday's BE update...

I've tried the following as suggested by others:

1)Uninstall battleye via steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/expansion/battleye/UnInstallBE

2)Delete BEclient.dll from Appdata/local/arma2oa/battleye/

3)Delete BEService and BEService_arma2oa from Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Battleye/

4)Verify integrity of game cache with steam

5)Launch game with steam

But it still fails when I launch via Arm2OA_BE.exe with an 0xC000009A error message trying to run Arma2OA.exe, yet it was completely fine a few days ago and Arma2OA runs fine if I don't launch without Battleye.

Any furthers suggestions for how to fix this? I currently can't play on my regular DayZ Epoch server any more.

I have the same problem now as well.

I tried to uninstall BE, reinstall it, but it still does not work in multiplay.

Only thing I can think of is to completely un-install Arma 2 and try again. Not looking forward to this as I have all my mods setup the way I want to.