Maj D. Schultz

USMC Aircraft (AV8B/AH1/UH1)

Hi, nice work this far.

Got a simple question: Is this a mod or a port. I am specially courious about the AH1?

The aircraft are ports.from ARMA 2 although with extensive work done to help them be viable in ARMA 3.

I plan to release another update in a month or so. Lot's of play testing being done for tuning and fiquring out AFM.

This mod will be updated after the marksman update to take advantage of the new suppression coding and to also adjust each aircraft.

Not sure if anybody wondering where my update has gone.

It's still coming, I took on another project to bring something else to the table here, an MV-22.

I know, some of you thinking "but why another MV-22?"

Because I don't like the other MV-22's and I'm a control freak haha.

Also tons and tons of internal play testing in my unit. Next update you see will bring ton's of fix's and updates to the craft. And with all I've done, there is still lots more to do. Expect it's release the end of this month. Let's say the 27th.

A very small Teaser of the MV-22 and also a new feature on all of the current Helicopters.

Something that has NEVER been done in the history of ARMA as far as I know. (Maybe one or two other mods, but nothing I've seen for ARMA 3 at all.)

A work over 72 hours in the making just for one small and simple thing. Not having to utilize any form of script or harsh code to force it to work. Managed to get it working using just the ARMA code.

Rotor Tip Lights.

Edited by Karneck

Looking awesome, keep up the good work!!!

Here is the completed work done so far on the AV8B formation lights and a sneak peak at the voice informer for all the airframes.

Voice Informer will tell you to pull up if aircraft angles more then 40 degrees downward for a period of time. Also if you drop below 1000 feet it will say altitude and for increased awareness, will tell you from any angle when a missile is fired at you and if its from high or low.

At the risk of ridicule, is there any progress on MV-22B?

Update for all aircraft and the new MV-22 will be released this week.

Sorry for the long wait fellows, but it'll be worth it. After this update I likely will be taking all relevant work and combining it into CUP.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

All right folks, the update video IS processing but should be up in the next hour. Please enjoy the update.

Main post IS updated with fresh links to download Version 1.5.0

One thing I forgot to mention in my video, is that I do have a voice informer for the aircraft.

If you angle more then 40 degrees down, it will tell you to pull up.

If you climb above 1000 meters, once you drop below that it will tell you altitude.

Also if a missile is FIRED at you, it will tell you so and from which direction.

Update for all aircraft and the new MV-22 will be released this week.

Sorry for the long wait fellows, but it'll be worth it. After this update I likely will be taking all relevant work and combining it into CUP.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

All right folks, the update video IS processing but should be up in the next hour. Please enjoy the update.

Main post IS updated with fresh links to download Version 1.5.0

One thing I forgot to mention in my video, is that I do have a voice informer for the aircraft.

If you angle more then 40 degrees down, it will tell you to pull up.

If you climb above 1000 meters, once you drop below that it will tell you altitude.

Also if a missile is FIRED at you, it will tell you so and from which direction.

Why are the MV22 rotors glowing green constantly? For the record, the LEDs that are on the rotors are not that bright. They are very dim, only bright enough to be picked up by NVGs as a safety and reference feature really. A link to show you how and why it works. (I assume you got the idea off of the photo in the below link, it explains why that photo appears like that).

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/night-vision-goggles-highlight-ospreys-massive-glowing-1702362031

There's a really long hard to explain reason. I worked over 40 hours just to even get this result.

The short version is because of the moving engine parts ie shifting from flight to helicopter mode and the fact it's a plane class in arma.

I've been working on it.

But thanks for complaining about it. Instead of, you know happy it's even an option.

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Also you don't need nvgs to see them according to tons of photos

Thanks for the release Karneck, nice work with the MV-22 :D! I have been wanting this aircraft for a longtime so thank you greatly :)!

One of the problems I always had with the Arma 2 one was that in hover mode it turns really slowly ~20 seconds to turn 90 degrees (same with your version as well). This can make landing and takeoff in tight spaces take considerably longer. I was playing with the config hoping I be helpful and give you some better config values as a suggested update. Unfortunately my attempts failed, Deltagamer made some progress and shared his findings here - http://forums.bistudio.com/archive/index.php/t-185595.html

awesome work on the rotor tip lights had a question is there a way to spawn the mv-22 in the editor with it packed ? also did the AH-1z and uh-1y have the ability spawn in with "packed" folded rotors I noticed that the RHS team has implemented a way to do it in the virtual garage but Ive always thought it would be cool to start off a mission with a full flight deck of aircraft and helo's some not in use but folded packed away

Why are the MV22 rotors glowing green constantly? For the record, the LEDs that are on the rotors are not that bright. They are very dim, only bright enough to be picked up by NVGs as a safety and reference feature really. A link to show you how and why it works. (I assume you got the idea off of the photo in the below link, it explains why that photo appears like that).

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/night-vision-goggles-highlight-ospreys-massive-glowing-1702362031

(sorry for japanese language lol, it's the only one i could find)

They look pretty visible to me even without NVGs.

I removed it from these versions. Simply because I feel like there is no place for it for the vast majority it is that you do with them. That is, fly them.

~~~~~

Edited by classic
my miss take

Very good job with MV22! Beautiful bird. I found that in old versions of MV-22 (ports from Arma2) was a feature - pack/unpack wings. I have found a script in your pbo too: scripts\pack.sqf, but in your version of MV-22 engine propellers don't pack/unpack.

Here is a video from other MV22 port found in Internet: http://zippy.gfycat.com/TanCautiousAchillestang.webm

If it possible, may you fix this issue, please. Idealy if pilot will have ability to pack/unpack MV-22 from cabin (action menu) and this feature blocks if engine is on.

Btw, found unpublished MV-22 here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170135-ArmA-2-C-130J-and-MV-22-Redux&p=2649873&viewfull=1#post2649873 Have already posted there a request on sources. Looks like that one have better textures and materials. Probablt, merge of this projects will give the best MV-22 of Arma 3.

Thank you for your time. Great job!

Edited by Kukus

Hey Karneck long time no talk. Your MV-22 is nice, good work. I was wondering if you had an eta on the CH-53. If i'm not mistaken I recall you saying you had one of those in the works. Your two helicopters you contributed to the MEF mod have been a great addition that everyone seems to like. I'm sure they would love to see more of your work there. Perhaps we could talk about another contribution to the mod. Let me know what you think. Good luck and keep up the great work!

Mattastic, yeah man. I've been meaning to catch up with you. Sadly, work and other stuff. you know how it goes.

Otherwise I'm here to annouce that I will no longer be supporting these aircraft.

I have joined the CUP team and all my work and research will be moved into CUP. I feel that this decesion will only benefit the ARMA community as a whole, rather then attempting to focus my work on seperate projects that overlap each other.

As for the CH-53. I know of 4 teams working on one. I know that at least two of them are in internal testing. So Soon. Very Soon.

• Like 1

Hello,

I have tried to place the MV-22 into my mission, however this fails. I placed the file from your link into my Steam>steamapps>common>Arma3 folder, but no joy. I noticed it does not contain a bi sign ? Please help. I have seen post from others advising it worked for them so I really would like to implement this beauty into my arsenal. Could you forward the file to me or redo the link?

Respectfully, 

Stryker

Otherwise I'm here to annouce that I will no longer be supporting these aircraft.

Oh no, too late again... another harrier mod that is not supported anymore. :/

I´ve been looking for a good subsonic fighter to match the Nephoron (YAK-131) for NATO units for our community. The harrier would be a perfect match, but it seems that all standalone mods for it are currently unsupported. I´m not interested in modern stealth/supersonic fighters as Arma can´t simulate their weapons systems properly and the scale of the maps usually dont really call for a supersonic fighter. Also, most other mods have complicated scripts and dependencies than can cause fatal issues on +100 TVT servers.

CUP is othervise really nice, but the problem with it is that it´s internal cross dependency forces a really big modpack of serveral GB:s to be added to a repository. 

Can anyone recommend a simple but quality standalone nato-fighter mod?

Ok, just trying to follow along for the first time in this topic. The DL's from the first page....I'm looking at the date in the post - does this mean they are more recent updates to the UH-1Y and AH-1 that the Feb 2015 one for the USMC Gunfighters pack on Armaholic?

~S