Sign in to follow this  
jcae2798

[SP] Operation Eager Glacier

Hey all -

Been working on a mission now for some time. Hoping to release this BETA version to get some feedback and ideas to enhance it further. What I would like to do further is:

-Add some more random tasks

-Add some random IEDs (in addition to the current design where IEDs are spawned daily)

-Add vehicle patrols

-Vehicle Add-on Suggestions

Otherwise I am looking for feedback.

So here's the details as it stands:

Situation,

Since the invasion of the CSAT on Altis, things have went downhill. Over the last several decades NATO has failed at getting them to surrender their nuclear and chemical weapons. We now have gotten Intel on multiple sightings of Chemical Bombs being transported throughout Altis. NATO takes action to remove the threats. Lead the NATO team to retrieve the bombs.

Mission,

You're Major Kerry. You were tasked with leading all forces on Altis under NATO's command. You're mission is to successfully recon and retrieve all chemical weapons (6 total). In this mission you may also cross the CSAT's commanding office Namdar. If found, take him out at all costs.

Current Features:

-Dynamic mission on every play (never the same!)

-6 bombs total you will need to retrieve.

-Real world scenario gameplay design

-Limited vehicle supplies at start of mission, will need to find vehicles throughout the island. (Add-on friendly)

-Fatigue (Will need to rest to restore skill of group)

-Recruiting and High Commanding available

-Logistic scripts

-Dynamic Weather

Recommended Add-ons (optional):

This mission is designed to to spawn random cars through the island. Certain addons were used in mind when doing this. The following addons will spawn cars from that mod:

-DAR Mods

-FAA [spanish Mod]

-RHS Vehicles

-HAFM Vehicles

I also recommend the following Addons to make the gameplay more enjoyable if desirable:

-4PG - Allows to set custom loadouts to recruited units. However you can use the team switch option to do this as well.

Credits,

Big time credit to the community who have released superior missions. I've learned so much from looking at their designs and learning from their strategies.

Also big thanks to the MOD makers who release great addons to make missions like this more enjoyable.

Another thanks to the forum community members that assist with scripting questions.

And lastly thanks to BI for a great game which they continue to improve over time.

DOWNLOAD:

Latest version updated: [Download] - STEAM

Armaholic mirror:

- Operation Eager Glacier

Hope you enjoy, and please feedback/suggestions are welcome!

Edited by JCae2798
Updates

Hey guys, update uploaded.

Change log (Beta v0.6):

-Fixed bunch of EOS errors

-Fixed error with Dynamic Weather init code

-Added additional Task

-Added additional possible IEDs (AT Mines)

-Added notes to diary

-Changed one of the menu items to skiptime from 5 hours to 2 hours

-Removed JTAC MOD dependency

Dropbox

Updated version. See change log below, this version currently is supporting the RC release of 1.42x with the new units. You may need to wait until 1.42 is released or on DEV-Branch to play without missing units.

Change log (Beta v0.7):

-Added support for 1.42 new Marksmen units to spawn pools

-Added support for RHS US vehicles

-Added support for HAFM Addon vehicles

-Added additional Tasks

-No MOD dependencies required

Dropbox

Please provide any feedback whether you like it, hate it, or want to see additional stuff. Or possibly porting to other maps with additional addon units (taking requests).

Latest and final version.

Change log (version 1.0):

-Added menu item to enable Civilians. Disabled them by default for performance.

-Added Patrol cars throughout map.

-Updated Gear Select menu for latest version to be compatible with BIPODS

-Changed mission descriptions to remove Iranian names (felt it was inappropriate.)

-Removed included Dynamic Weather script. Recommend you use the new one offered (DynamicWeather2)

New Mission Description:

The CSAT military have been moving chemical bombs throughout Altis. NATO is sending in Kerry to lead an Op to recon and retrieve the bombs!

Download

i'll take a look. Main PC is down so might be a few before i get around to it. Thanks for the report

Latest version updated: [Download] - STEAM

Armaholic mirror:

- Operation Eager Glacier

Change Log:

-Updated task that was broken

-Updated scripts tha spawned vehicles. Made changes to ensure gunner/commander was added \

-Added Group Icons

-Updated AMMO Crate to Support ACE Mod (Recommend not running ACE since it can break mid-way through mission - ACE Does not support SP Save/Load at the moment)

Edited by JCae2798
Armaholic

Just to clarify: ACE3 doesn´t support SP Save/Load if you EXIT arma3 and try to play again the save same other time... if you just die or mess up and reload at once the mission, it will work alright! I use it everytime on SP and it works that way... just don´t quit arma3 and go back that´s all fine (finish the mission at once gameplay with some retries)

cheers!

;2968428']Just to clarify: ACE3 doesn´t support SP Save/Load if you EXIT arma3 and try to play again the save same other time... if you just die or mess up and reload at once the mission' date=' it will work alright! I use it everytime on SP and it works that way... just don´t quit arma3 and go back that´s all fine (finish the mission at once gameplay with some retries)

cheers![/quote']

i have started using it on SP aswell now and I love it.Unfortunately i am getting huge fps drops aftr firefights etc-like single digits and 5 second freezes :(

Yea you guys are right. I personally asked on their thread and they confirmed that its not supported. So for those reasons is why i don't recommend it for this missions since it will take some time to finish it. However everyone is free to use it at their own risk. I use it myself ;)

i have started using it on SP aswell now and I love it.Unfortunately i am getting huge fps drops aftr firefights etc-like single digits and 5 second freezes :(

It isn´t ACE... ArmA3, after 1.48 update is crapped as this... I´ve experienced this on vanilla either, but this intermitent lag passes after sometime playing, or just minimize a3, play another heavy 3D game (I´ve played a little BF4 SP campaign) and then come back to A3 it will be fine! It´s bizarre, but as I´ve said on other threads: THIS IS ARMA - bugs are features lol

cheers!

;2968600']It isn´t ACE... ArmA3' date=' after 1.48 update is crapped as this... I´ve experienced this on vanilla either, but this intermitent lag passes after sometime playing, or just minimize a3, play another heavy 3D game (I´ve played a little BF4 SP campaign) and then come back to A3 it will be fine! It´s bizarre, but as I´ve said on other threads: THIS IS ARMA - bugs are features lol

cheers![/quote']

Okaayy...that is one of the stranger bugs-i didnt notice because the day i started using ACE was the day of the 1.48 update.I'll try what you said.Thanks mate!

Confirmed that 1.48 has caused random frame drops + lag. Good because it was affecting one my newest mission design tests and i had feared it was my scripts. Anyways yea... :P

It seems that adding -maxMem=8192 (I have 8Mb RAM so if you got 16 or more, just add like 16384 lol) on launch parameters fix some of the problems of crashing... memory leak caused by latest update maybe? BIS is an expert of breaking working stuff lol

cheers!

;2969090']It seems that adding -maxMem=8192 (I have 8Mb RAM so if you got 16 or more, just add like 16384 lol) on launch parameters fix some of the problems of crashing... memory leak caused by latest update maybe? BIS is an expert of breaking working stuff lol

cheers![/quoteWhat i have done for now is simply put Object detail down to standard-this gave me an extra 15 fps without any noticeable downgrade in graphics quality