accuracythruvolume

A new ISIS mod, picking up the ball

http://i.imgur.com/Blm0uLE.jpg (147 kB)

I ported over the TK Mag Rig, I'm still working on it but if you would like to use it you are more than welcome.

Neat! Sure It would be something to add more options to their vests. Is it one texture or multiple camo jobs? I'm interested :icon_mrgreen:

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

I....I might need an intervention :868:

The uniform count has now increased... by more than ten fold. You read that right. The combos are now more than I think I've seen in any other mod. You'll likely be able to play an entire session or two and not see an exact duplicate considering if you factor in the random headgear / vests etc.

IS_camos_zps5ya3jc1e.png

Do I spy an evil logo hiding in there??

Only the vehicle textures are as of yet incomplete. Maybe a few other random bits...

--ATV

Edited by AccuracyThruVolume

This is aboslutely an outstanding work, can't wait to see a release ;)

The uniform count has now increased... by more than ten fold. You read that right. The combos are now more than I think I've seen in any other mod. You'll likely be able to play an entire session or two and not see an exact duplicate considering if you factor in the random headgear / vests etc.

:yay::yay::yay: dancing bananas for you, sir !!!! :D

Hello there

Now, here's an OPFOR I can really get my teeth into.

Great stuff.

Rgds

LoK

They look awesome! is this going to be a Standalone addon or there are some mod reqs?

This mod utilizes CUP weapons and Massi's Vehicles. It will optionally support Tactical Beards but will not be a dependency.

Added some logo'd headgear:

Headgear_logo_zpsaroxg7vm.jpg

Also added a Black shemag. Behold the beard!

Headgear_logo_beard_zpsfipdzw21.jpg

Wow looks amazing! Can you please please please make a version that is only dependent on RHS weapons? The new RHS has lots of nice AKs.

Those vehicles looks amazing!Really good works!

Just one suggestion,from the news screens,it seems ISIS use more flags on their vehicles instead of icons.

Neat! Sure It would be something to add more options to their vests. Is it one texture or multiple camo jobs? I'm interested

Ill send you a link with everything you need to re-texture it.

Edited by Yugoslav

T34. Now, there isn't really any evidence that they have access to them... so it's just for fun / flavor.

IS_T34_zps5v1xuv9g.jpg

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

Those vehicles looks amazing!Really good works!

Just one suggestion,from the news screens,it seems ISIS use more flags on their vehicles instead of icons.

I've seen flags attached to vehicles before in another mod, but they tend to bug out when mixed with the ALIVE system.

A few more technicals:

IS_Technicals_zpsnnxc989o.jpg

Units have been duped over to both OPFOR and Independent sides.

Just working out a few vehicle textures to go....

A few more technicals:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/ninails99/Gamin%20Stuff/ISC/IS_Technicals_zpsnnxc989o.jpg

Units have been duped over to both OPFOR and Independent sides.

Just working out a few vehicle textures to go....

looks great!Any chance to have some civilian customized vehicles like Toyota?:)

looks great!Any chance to have some civilian customized vehicles like Toyota?:)
I'm actually quite surprised(and disappointed) that none of the opfor mods seem to be using the A2 pickups which would fit perfectly. Like these:

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/4-vehterroristas2ffaa.jpg

http://dayzecho.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/arma2oa-2013-11-30-21-41-13-93.jpg

http://firstpersonshooters.net/Games/-=franchise=-/ArmA/2/images/vehicles/Toyota%20Hilux.jpg

Surely these are a lot more fitting than the land rover and/or the A3 pickup.

Due to Yugoslav's patience with my confusion, I was able to get his ported chestrigs working, much appreciated for everything sir!

IS_chestrigs_zpsrfmgbsk2.jpg

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

I'm actually quite surprised(and disappointed) that none of the opfor mods seem to be using the A2 pickups which would fit perfectly. Like these:

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/4-vehterroristas2ffaa.jpg

http://dayzecho.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/arma2oa-2013-11-30-21-41-13-93.jpg

http://firstpersonshooters.net/Games/-=franchise=-/ArmA/2/images/vehicles/Toyota%20Hilux.jpg

Surely these are a lot more fitting than the land rover and/or the A3 pickup.

Uhhhh... maybe? :681:

IS_Hilux_zps0edybdaf.jpg

Looking forward to see your mod released :)

That would be great if you could make extra cfg for rhs akm's and m16's

Shaping up quite nicely.

My only critique would be around the preponderance of camouflage patterns, I think the units would look a little more authentic with a higher incidence of plain/older-military-surplus fabrics (olive drab, khaki and, of course black) and a few more civilian/casual clothing items mixed in.

Actually, I have one other suggestion related to the choice of faction; do you think you could define the units for each faction in separate pbos (each of which references a core pbo with the base unit definitions)...

isc_units_core.pbo

isc_units_opfor.pbo

isc_units_indfor.pbo

...such that someone who doesn't want the duplication could remove one or other of the factions?

I agree with this logic to divide factions, as it makes possible to create more possible realistic scenarios.

It's very difficult to find a proper place for ISIL...perhaps they should be OPFOR and IND to permit scenarios where SAA fight against them.

BLUFOR:

- Peshmerga

- Free Syrian Army

- Iraqi Army

OPFOR:

- Islamic State

- Syrian Arab Army

INDEPENDENT:

- Al-Nusra Front

- Islamic State

- Syrian NDF

That's not a bad breakdown at all.

@AccuracyThruVolume, have you come to a conclusion how to arrange the factions? I see you commented on the above arrangement and said it's not a bad breakdown... I think it needs fixing still.

I'll start at the top and explain it all.

BLUFOR: Pesh, FSA, and IAF, firmly belong in BLUFOR, as all have been actively backed by the US.

OPFOR: SAA is firmly OPFOR because they have been armed and diplomatically supported by Russia... As for IS in OPFOR, that doesn't reflect reality (as many of the IS fighters are Chechens who have shot at Russians and are currently blowing up their ally, the SAA)... but may be needed as a duplicate so IS can fight Indy factions... Is that your logic?

INDY: Al-Nusra and IS are certainly Indy because they are not aligned with the US nor Russia. The conflict with that however is that IS have been in a vicious war with Nusra since Dec 2013. There is no sign that the schism will end any time soon, and in fact if it does, it will mean one side has dissolved the other (so they will never be on the same side again, even if fighters join together)... possibly this is why IS was listed as both Indy and Opfor? Finally the last faction is NDF... why on earth would they be Indy?? They were created by and are armed by the Damascus regime. They are not independent what so ever and are simply a 'nation guard' like set of local battalions which are hired and funded by Damascus. Aside from real world considerations, it also creates the conflict where Jihadist rebels are on the same side as regime loyalists. If you put 2 men in a room, 1 NDF and 1 Nusra... only 1 man will leave... most likely carrying the head of the other man (yes both Jihadists and regime loyalists do it...) No maybe's, if's, or buts about it. NDF are 100% OPFOR because they are loyal to Damascus and Russia.

Edited by owmyeye

@AccuracyThruVolume, have you come to a conclusion how to arrange the factions? I see you commented on the above arrangement and said it's not a bad breakdown... I think it needs fixing still.

I'll start at the top and explain it all.

BLUFOR: Pesh, FSA, and IAF, firmly belong in BLUFOR, as all have been actively backed by the US.

OPFOR: SAA is firmly OPFOR because they have been armed and diplomatically supported by Russia... As for IS in OPFOR, that doesn't reflect reality (as many of the IS fighters are Chechens who have shot at Russians and are currently blowing up their ally, the SAA)... but may be needed as a duplicate so IS can fight Indy factions... Is that your logic?

INDY: Al-Nusra and IS are certainly Indy because they are not aligned with the US nor Russia. The conflict with that however is that IS have been in a vicious war with Nusra since Dec 2013. There is no sign that the schism will end any time soon, and in fact if it does, it will mean one side has dissolved the other (so they will never be on the same side again, even if fighters join together)... possibly this is why IS was listed as both Indy and Opfor? Finally the last faction is NDF... why on earth would they be Indy?? They were created by and are armed by the Damascus regime. They are not independent what so ever and are simply a 'nation guard' like set of local battalions which are hired and funded by Damascus. Aside from real world considerations, it also creates the conflict where Jihadist rebels are on the same side as regime loyalists. If you put 2 men in a room, 1 NDF and 1 Nusra... only 1 man will leave... most likely carrying the head of the other man (yes both Jihadists and regime loyalists do it...) No maybe's, if's, or buts about it. NDF are 100% OPFOR because they are loyal to Damascus and Russia.

You make many valid points. I'm still considering the final breakdown, but I will fall something along the lines that you are after. For version one of the mod release it will feature IS and al-Nusra. IS will be on both OPFOR and Indep because that gives people flexibility on how they want to setup their missions. al-Nusra for the moment is a simply infantry force on the Indep side. I'm researching what kind of vehicles they have. Several YT vids so far show them having a few technicals. I've also seen a captured T-55.

IS is still needing few hilux and tank textures and then V1 will be released into the wild.

--ATV

Edited by AccuracyThruVolume

This would make a little more sense

BLUFOR:

- Free Syrian Army

- Peshmerga

This part is ok for both real-world and scenario making..

OPFOR:

- Islamic State

- Al-Nusra Front

This is absolutely wrong. It would mean that if a Russian unit and IS unit were spawned next to each other, they would sit down to drink tea and braid each others hair... when in reality they would be competing to see who can give the other the shortest haircut (choppy choppy). Another conflict with this is that OPFOR are naturally at war with BLUFOR, but the FSA are naturally at allied or neutral to al-Nusra. Although the events have been absolutely devestating to the FSA, the attacks against them by al-Nusra have been an exception, not the rule (averaged out over the entire war and even in current months). You can still see them holding hands and skipping together in the southern campaign.

INDEPENDENT:

- Iraqi Army

- Syrian Arab Army/NDF

This is wrong too. IAF are closely aligned with the US, so warrant a BLUFOR label over INDY (they latter would imply they may shoot at each other, which is beyond a joke).

The SAA are very closely aligned to Russia. They are so close in fact that negotiations for peace and such are largely conducted by Sergei Lavrov, as though that Russian diplomat is the representative for Damascus. Again, to label them as separate factions is akin to saying they may shoot at each other- which would never ever happen.

Nusra front could be OPFOR in that they haven't fought with the Islamic State in awhile

While it is a conflict that Nusra and IS would be in a the same faction, it is far worse to put a Jihadist group together with Russia. IS are a million times more likely to peacefully co-exist with Nusra than with Russia... and they aren't co-existing with Nusra at all!

The Syrian Army/NDF is allied with the Iraqi Security forces.

Yes they are both Shia and Iranian allies with shared enemies. This makes for a conflict if they are split into BlUFOR and OPFOR, but at the same time, they don't stand next to each other on the battlefield. What i'm saying is that this conflict is less likely to be a problem for a scenario maker than the ones mentioned above.

The Peshmerga has is more of a shifting group, not the best relations with the Iraqi Central Government.

Peshmerga are not shifting what so ever! They have never had good relations with Baghdad because the central government knows they are likely to secede and run of with a heap of oil- BUT, they still stand shoulder to shoulder to fight IS. With the limited faction options (only 3), it makes the most sense to keep them in BLUFOR due to their strong link to the US/the West, and also in the same faction as IAF. On the question of will they ever shoot at each other, I don't see it happening, because the Kurds won't start it (militia's and IAF might) and the West will back the Kurds and the UN will pass a resolution for a ceasefire (no one will veto it). Basically Baghdad will never get away with it and Erbil has no reason to do it.

The FSA plays every side, even working with the SAA/NDF at time against the Islamist units and IS.

This is also completely false. The FSA has NEVER worked with their dreaded enemy the SAA- yet they have worked with IS in the past. When FSA brigades are defeated or if the men decide to defect, they practically never join the SAA or align with them. On the other hand, FSA fighters are constantly joining to IS spontaneously or when they are defeated. An important note to make is that even after al-Nusra smashed Hazm and SRF in the north, their respective brigades in the south continued to work with the Islamic Front and al-Nusra (like the f*ing idiots they are...). Although people in the know (*raises hand*) said they would be destroyed by the radicals from the start, they have always continued to ally with them out of necessity and the retarded logic of 'the enemy of my enemy (SAA) is my friend'.

Edited by owmyeye