Sign in to follow this  
jonesy_d

Just aquired a Server for Arma 3

Hello to All;

I am hoping someone can help and direct me to the correct application to run a Arma 3 Server thru a ReCon tool..something that I can log onto the server and add missions/ban players/message players during server activity, is there such a tool..many thanks...

I use EPM Rcon tool to monitor chat logs, message my players and bans, i don't think it will add missions though, not tried.

For launching missions and a bunch of other cool stuff- TADST

Yea, saw the TADST, but didn't see where to add server ip and port..just to clarify, I am running it off of Branzone server provider..server's

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Bump,

Really no one here to offer a new server admin some help..looking for tool that will help monitor server and allow switching of maps and so on..

As mentioned, use TADST on the server and EPM for remote.

As mentioned, use TADST on the server and EPM for remote.

Okay sorry for sounding testy..but was getting no where fast at the moment..okay downloaded the EPM, and the TADST..where do I place that..????

---------- Post added at 17:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

Okay I downloaded the EPM and added the IP address and port number get message can not connect...nice tool btw..

EPM goes on your PC and you use it to connect remotely, TADST goes on the server.

You connect to the server through EPM using the password in your BEserver.cfg file, it's what BE uses.

Set the server up with TADST, all the info for the mission goes there, then use it to launch the game.

EPM goes on your PC and you use it to connect remotely, TADST goes on the server.

You connect to the server through EPM using the password in your BEserver.cfg file, it's what BE uses.

Set the server up with TADST, all the info for the mission goes there, then use it to launch the game.

Okay I have the EPM on my computer, but unable to upload the TADST to the server..may have to contact server provider to get that on it..

will also have to check to find the BSserver.cfg file...thanks..

Okay I have the EPM on my computer, but unable to upload the TADST to the server..may have to contact server provider to get that on it..

will also have to check to find the BSserver.cfg file...thanks..

I very much doubt a GSP will let you upload external .exe files, you'll just have to use whatever control panel they give you, contact their support for better help, it's their panel so they'll know what does what.

EPM will still work though, that will let you communicate and ban players.

You will have to use EPM for server monitoring/ banning and you can select mission on it. next I would asume that your server company provided you with a Server control panel? (i.e. TCAdmin, Admin Panel, ect.) next you will have to make a Config for your server to put into the control panel and make it work over command lines. that will be the best way for a dedicated server that is not your own computer

You will have to use EPM for server monitoring/ banning and you can select mission on it. next I would asume that your server company provided you with a Server control panel? (i.e. TCAdmin, Admin Panel, ect.) next you will have to make a Config for your server to put into the control panel and make it work over command lines. that will be the best way for a dedicated server that is not your own computer

Yea, the TADST file will not upload...as far as make a config file at this stage i have no idea of how/where to start..I will try and get someone from group where I frequent..I believe they have someone who can help out with the config file..if not may I ask you for assistance on this...

Well, its been awhile ... so here's an update..we finally got the server running..just some minor tweaking to do..but its good..thanks to all who pointed us in the right direction....cheers..