Sign in to follow this  
axelius

RDS compatibility and Faction extensions for Leight's OPFOR Pack

RDS compatibility extension for Leight's OPFOR Pack 1.2

Requires

*Leight's OPFOR http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27353

*RDS Static Weapons Pack http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24909

*RHS: Escalation http://rhsmods.org/

This is a config file that adds RDS static weapons to Leight's OPFOR pack armies. The allocation of RDS weapons have been done with thought to what weapons each faction has or could have their hands on. Units inherit from Leight's OPFOR so it should work with the HLC config.

Credits:

*Red Hammer Studios

*Reyhard - Author of RDS and 90% of the compatibility code.

*Leight - Author of Leight's OPFOR pack.

*Axelius

Changelog

v1.2

*Removed all functions except for RDS compatibility.

*Changed all factions to their new sides.

*Added Ukranian Separatists, RACS and SLA

v1.01

*Fixed issue with AA units being assigned to AFR group by default, resulting in broken groups.

*Added Mi-8 and pilot to Independent Chedakis

*Added RDS static weapons to CDF

*Fixed one mechanized group to only spawn with one BMP instead of two.

v1.0

First release

Considered Future Work

*Adding a PMC faction akin to the one removed by Leight in v0.6

*Expanding Aircraft to LOP factions

*Compatibility extension for RDS Tanks (Low priority due to overlap with RHS, although I do want the T-55 and T-34)

*Porting ARMA 2 Technicals

ACwAAAAAAQABAAACADs%3D#pwsc-{UjgrV1VmakZSZGQxWThETkVGbnhLZWJzdUdlZXNNN3Rtd0J4VFpqaWR6aFo0ajNteitDQkdPUWFuTkhDVUw1Ti9lRXBKRmdDOU1DRkdvNlRnZU94QWxOTkp6M0tVVHF6V01JWkFFZEhpWkNKQVZjbmhnSGNpYXc1Y0NNUzl6SUE=}

Edited by Axelius

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Axelius;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Discovered a bug where an Independent African militia support squad calls upon an Afghan Army unit. Due to adding classname endings the unit it calls for doesn't exist. It's fixed for the next update calling for the proper African unit.

Thanks for the heads up and a really great mod that I ever need. Waiting for the air vehicles added in.

v1.01 released

*Fixed issue with AA units being assigned to AFR group by default, resulting in broken groups.

*Added Mi-8 and pilot to Independent Chedakis

*Added RDS static weapons to CDF

*Fixed one mechanized group to only spawn with one BMP instead of two.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Hey there. To be honest I still haven't downloaded your mod though I'm very much of the same mind in terms of its objectives.

As said in the other thread I'd prefer it if Leight could be prevailed upon to take on board some of the feedback regarding factions because it'd mean one less mod and all that implies in terms of downloads, introduced errors and delays on each update. He might also consider some of the other additions like incorporating those RDS vehicles and weapons that aren't already better implemented in RHS (i.e. T-55, T-34).

If that doesn't eventuate I'll certainly be using your patch.

Reyhard's sources appear to be in very good order I built rds_tanks without any alterations and the T-55 was available in game with just a couple of rvmat path fixups to do (and probably only because I've never implemented a P:\ drive for modding). To my eye BI's T-55 is scaled a little too large though when compared to say the RHS T-72 but that's probably not hard to tweak.

V1.2 Released

*Removed all functions except for RDS compatibility.

*Changed all factions to their new sides.

*Added Ukranian Separatists, RACS and SLA

In v1.2 why ISIS, African and Afghan militia were moved to INFOR? I want those factions to be in OPFOR also and keep them in BLUFOR and INFOR, so should I need to use v1.1 instead?

Apart from that just noticed the Ukrainian separatists missing RDS static weapons.

Edited by Hsiulung

The static weapons for RACS seem to be under BLUFOR while the factions INDFOR.

Please update this so it will work with Leights Opfor Pack again. From what I noticed when I unwrapped the pbo, the classnames have changed so it obviously will no longer work.....It's asking for the lop_c_men.pbo, which no longer exists. I also noticed that there is no _soldier in any of the Leights Opfor classnames either...so yeah, the classnames need to be changed/added. Seems like it would be a pretty easy fix. If you no longer want to support this mod, please give the rights to somebody else (like myself and community) to update.