Sign in to follow this  
gibonez

New gameplay features ?

Within the last few months we have been blessed with an assortment of brand new amazing gameplay additions in the game.

We have seen

• Shooting from vehicles
  • Stamina and fatigue
  • Weapon inertia
  • Sling loading

These gameplay additions have fundamentally changed how the game is played and have added much needed depth to vanilla arma.

The question now is with bipods and weapon resting confirmed and coming soon what other gameplay additions could they bring forth that you think would spice up gameplay and improve the game.

Do you want things such as arm fatigue ? Mil turrets ? wind ?

What gameplay additions do you think would be good to add ?

Medical Details would be nice. Or bring at least the state of ArmA 2 back.

With this I mean the possibility of becoming unconscious, able to drag and carry wounded guys.

And fix HandleHeal, so modders can provide a better (at system-scope) Medical implementation.

I think more infantry deploy-able items would soup up the game a ton. For a infantry focused game, i want to be able to build an FOB just by getting the supplies from a main supply zone, take those supplies to a tactical spot, and put it together.

I think more infantry deploy-able items would soup up the game a ton. For a infantry focused game, i want to be able to build an FOB just by getting the supplies from a main supply zone, take those supplies to a tactical spot, and put it together.

Yea I always felt one area sadly neglected in arma was deployables and crew served weapons.

Having crew served wire guided missiles would have been one surefire way to balance the gameplay and imbalance that the lock on shoulder mounted weapons bring forth.

The animations for dragging/carrying are already in the game. They're not available by default because there's no default unconscious point between alive and dead where they would matter (besides being run over or hit with PhysX objects). Scripts that create wounded players (such as in I&A or KOTH) have tended to add wounded carry/drag abilities.

Any medical content besides an integrated unconscious/revive/wounded carry/drag system just becomes more complicated than necessary in the heat of battle. Plus, it would require dedicated training for new players to understand and use. Unless Arma 3 was a full simulation like DCS, more complicated does not equal more better.

I'd like to see more static content like the Warfare buildings from Arma 2. Heck, fleshing out that game mode with simple plug-and-play editor modules would be awesome.

I would love a for the actual shooting an aiming to be a little more fleshed out.

Perhaps something like a focus mode or precision mode that closely tries to simulate what a person aiming a rifle would see when focusing on a distant target.

So instead of the current in game iron sights for instance that allow shooting from 0-300 m at most due to resolution of monitor restrictions.

Iron_sights_by_NightHunter17.jpg

Instead this focus mode would prominently feature the front sight post with everything including the rear post being blurry and with a far more limited field of view. This would allow for irons to be used at 500-1000m if necessary.

Pretty much just another mode when using the iron sights that would better simulate the ranges that a person would be able to engage with in real life.

Instead this focus mode would prominently feature the front sight post with everything including the rear post being blurry and with a far more limited field of view. This would allow for irons to be used at 500-1000m if necessary.

Pretty much just another mode when using the iron sights that would better simulate the ranges that a person would be able to engage with in real life.

Isn't that kind of already in the game? The zooming in and depth of field?

Besides, I don't think anyone in real life would engage targets over 500m away with plain iron sights. Especially not in 2035.

Isn't that kind of already in the game? The zooming in and depth of field?

Besides, I don't think anyone in real life would engage targets over 500m away with plain iron sights. Especially not in 2035.

No, what I am suggesting is sorta like insurgency where you can sort of focus while in iron sights a tiny bit and zoom in further for a tiny amount of time.

Or

Perhaps a new aiming mode where just like real life the vision is not perfect and your FOV and peripherals are extremely limited showing you focusing on the target.

People compete in 1000m iron sight matches all the time and to see people engaging each other with iron sights at distances over 500m then just look at syria and Ukraine where its done out of necessity.

The problem as far as I see it is that due to the limitations of monitors and graphics cards the amount we can see in game especially players at a distance is very limited.

- the bolt Animation for bolt rifles

- ai navigation & pathfinding (was in sitrep so maybe I guess)

- ponds and lakes back

- better looking night vision

:D

No, what I am suggesting is sorta like insurgency where you can sort of focus while in iron sights a tiny bit and zoom in further for a tiny amount of time.

Yeah, and what Greenfist is saying is that is already in Arma 3, except that in Arma 3 you have a lot more zoom and can do it indefinitely, just hold mouse 2. Are you asking for more zoom? Two stages of zoom?

It would be nice to see improved weapon animations all around.

Yeah, and what Greenfist is saying is that is already in Arma 3, except that in Arma 3 you have a lot more zoom and can do it indefinitely, just hold mouse 2. Are you asking for more zoom? Two stages of zoom?

It would be nice to see improved weapon animations all around.

A new aiming mode where all you really see is a small window of what you would ordinarily see.

post-81387-1203745227.jpg

Something like that where all you see is a small window with fuzzy rear and front sight and fuzzy environment but substantially more zoom than what is possible currently in game using irons. Not too much but where it would allow 500m shots to be quite doable and allow you to see where your shots hit as you shoot to correct them.

In a sense it would be useless for anything but that ultra precise shot required at 300-700m and it should also have other drawbacks with hopefully the end result is weapons in game with iron sights are more useful and hopefully players use them closer to what is seen in real life.

It would also give LMGs and GPM a huge boost as it would allow them to actually be useful at the ranges that they are effective at 800m-1000m especially now that bipods are coming.

I think I understand what you are saying, and, again, Arma 3 already does this. I guess you just want it to zoom in even more. Personally, I think that doing that would make ranged optics like the RCO redundant.

Here's a gameplay feature I don't want: The action menu. I know it's not likely to be addressed within Arma 3's lifetime (if it ever is), but that thing has never not been terrible, and I would super love it if I never had to deal with it ever again.

Edited by roshnak

Here's a gameplay feature I don't want: The action menu. I know it's not likely to be addressed within Arma 3's lifetime (if it ever is), but that thing has never not been terrible, and I would super love it if I never had to deal with it ever again.

Well, BI said they're planning to "overhaul the in-game interactions and controls", so there's hope.

Tripods would probably come out in the Marksman DLC Update. (Similar to how we all got the Shooting from Vehicles with the Helicopter DLC and... err... a racing car driver with the Karts DLC?!?!)

(Similar to how we all got the Shooting from Vehicles with the Helicopter DLC and... err... a racing car driver with the Karts DLC?!?!)

Or better looking :)

What MUST be added:

Proper wound system like what we had in ArmA 2.

Fastrope

A more fleshed out medical system would be my vote.

- ai navigation & pathfinding (was in sitrep so maybe I guess)

- ponds and lakes back

- better looking night vision

:D

These are not really gameplay features?

Hum, and maybe base templates for factions, to have a real life animated base or FOB

What MUST be added:

Proper wound system like what we had in ArmA 2.

Fastrope

Screw fastrope I don't know why everyone wants it so much we don't even have a proper urban map to warrant using it in any situation where you can't just land.

I'd put a thousand other things before it.

Screw fastrope I don't know why everyone wants it so much we don't even have a proper urban map to warrant using it in any situation where you can't just land.

I'd put a thousand other things before it.

But it's super tacticool D:

In Kavala and Pyrgos, would be useful, especially if you won't use littlebirds.

Drop troops on rooftops for example.

Or in Fallujah, using AiA.