Sign in to follow this  
Sub-Human

What do you think of ArmA3's futuristic setting?

How do you feel about ArmA3's futuristic setting?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about ArmA3's futuristic setting?

• I'd rather have a modern or historic (Cold War) setting
    • I prefer it to the modern setting of previous games
    • I don't care about the setting as long as the game is a realistic simulation
    • I'd like to see a new and improved futuristic setting (no CSAT bug helmets)

Uhm, CTRG also stands for "Combat Technology Research Group" - the name of the British forces on Stratis under the command of that Miller guy.^^ Not sure if it's the same "CTRG" as on the ammobox but it's a reasonable guess considering the story of the East Wind.

Uhm, CTRG also stands for "Combat Technology Research Group" - the name of the British forces on Stratis under the command of that Miller guy.^^ Not sure if it's the same "CTRG" as on the ammobox but it's a reasonable guess considering the story of the East Wind.

Yes, I was assuming the "CRTG" written on the box was a reference to "CTRG" to the group but I guess I was mistaken.

Ah, and I assumed you people just made a typo.^^ So, it's actually saying CRTG instead of CTRG? CRTG wouldn't fit for catridge, nor would it for Combat Technology Research Group. Maybe a typo on the box? In the end it's just an ammo box, isn't it? :)

Edited by IndeedPete

Ah, and I assumed you people just made a typo.^^ So, it's actually saying CRTG instead of CTRG? CRTG wouldn't fit for catrige, nor would it for Combat Technology Research Group. Maybe a typo on the box? In the end it's just an ammo box, isn't it? :)

I think your final theory is probably the most accurate....:D

I have no issues with the future setting, I just want a more modern/realistic map. I want a large middle eastern map again but not a rehash of takistan.

(Look at the ammo box on the armed offroad, has CRTG written on it, I assume no coincidence.

The ammo box attached to the .50 ? Of course it means cartridge. You think Delta Force has their name written on all the ammo boxes and magazines they use?

ZAA-095.jpg

And I wouldn't go thinking too hard about why FIA uses the TRG. Most guns in the game were probably chosen because BIS thought they were cool.

Ah, so the mystery is finally solved and we can all die in peace. Plus I now know I wrote cartridge wrong my entire life. I guess the non-native thing is a sufficient apology. :D

I feel like there could have been a lot of cooler things than just a renamed Tavor. The future setting could have brought with it stuff to put in the playground. Hell, why not give CTRG guys exoskeletons or something and give us something new on the sandbox. Electronic warfare, information warfare, everything else. I mean, anyone can mod the Cold War back in. Why not make the future everything it could be?

It's unfortunate that there were design and planning problems. I think that whole 2012 torching really scrapped a ton of potential. Not their fault.

Edited by TheEvanCat