Sign in to follow this  
cimalex

[SP/@] DIH_Angola 1972 (RWO)

[sP/@] DIH_Angola 1972 (RWO) by CimaleX

Portugese Angola 1972 - A bush Fire Force mission - By CimaleX

Foot_overviewPicture_zpsa56877ec.jpg

October 1972: A portugese heliborne unit is tasked to carry out a small scale search and destroy operation against an MPLA guerrilla group after they have

successfully attacked a farm in Portugese Angola.

Attacking defenceless farms in rural areas is a typical strategy adopted by MPLA guerrillas with the purpose to break down morale of portugese nationals in the colony, and forcing the portugese army to send troops and assets in their pursue, while the guerrillas are digging in and prepare sometimes deadly traps and ambushes, or more often running away, leaving the portugese frustrated in the attempt to catch them.

Operacao chuva de fogo starts (Fire rain), player will lead a platoon of airborne portugese fuzileiros supported by Alouette III and Puma choppers.

The task is simple but hard: secure the farm, pursue the MPLA guerrila group and neutralise them.

CAS will be carried out by two G-91 R and an armed Alouette III chopper.

Download link here:

http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/yO83PLkw/file.html

Addons request:

ArmA2 OA 1.63

DIH Africa Mod

JSRS sound mod (optional)

CBA latest version

Enjoy!

Great, thank you. I haven't updated to 1.63 yet so I'll try it with the last standalone beta & see what happens.

good mission overall. prolonged, well designed and without bugs.

Glad you enjoyed it...

Have you been successful at the first time?

Any suggestion for future missions with this mod ?

first off, i like the idea of using less famous maps, such as DIH Africa. it feels fresh.

i've completed the mission in the first go, yes. one idea that comes to my mind is to try something new, like a marksmen-focused mission...i always play with ACE and Dagger mods since i like long range challenge. i've played all your mission-they are all very good. this one is the most polished, that's a sign your skills are improving.

all of them, however, were close combat/assault style. perhaps you can try something a bit different in that regard.

i liked "Strela" mission a lot. it's interesting playing with those old weapons as a guerrilla fighter.

one more thing-your mission in the Norther Ireland was so cool. that map is good as well.

I'm new to Arma2, bought it just to try the "Guerra do Ultrmar" mod, have only tried it with this mission and I am Totally loving it! My father is a portuguese combat veteran from Angola, he's not much into computer games, but he says this is the nearest thing he has seen since being there actually! Great immersion and feeling. So Thanks for this great work!

Have been trying to download your other missions, but none of them are still available for download. Are you looking to adding new SP missions for this MOD?

If I may sugest something for maybe a campaign: The largest operation of the War "Operação Nó Gordio" or "Gordian Knot" in Mozambique on 1970! Plenty of action over there...

Best Regards