cleggy

British Ridgback PPV

Great looking mod! Ive tried looking around but cant find what class its under (Im looking for the empty version) I see it under NATO, Armoured but I dont see it under armoured in empty?

This is all a bit bizarre. Works fine for me.

Maybe it's a 'scope' issue. I'm wondering if it matters where you have the mod installed and in what order?

I have it installed in the Arma directory, whereas some of my other downloaded mods are in my documents folder.

All work OK with the BIS launcher.

Mind you, it could be because this vehicle is part American and it just likes to annoy Canadians...:butbut:

Cleggy

Thanks for all the work on this veihicle.Its maybe my favourate as im in search of a vodnik since Arma3 release.This may not be a vodnik,or russian,but its damn nice.

Also thanks for taking the effort to make the woodland variant,as its for cherno etc im using it.Ammo count is generous and i appreciate that too.

Hate to send any critiscism here because i love this machine,but if an update will follow,is there any chance of a slight Horse power increase.Mountain climbing is not what i thought it might have been.

PS good thinking adding the damage event handler,saves me the effort ;)

Thanks for the replies

Oh, and thanks for upping the ammo on the gun, much appreciated :ok:

Your wish is my command:)

Any chance of a slight Horse power increase.

PS good thinking adding the damage event handler,saves me the effort ;)

I admit I took the easy route with the engine and just used BIS values for their truck.

I'm not sure my brain is up to the challenge of understanding the murky world of

Red Pheonix's torque values and gearbox ratios ....

Regarding the damage handler - very much a case of type in a number and see what happens.

So many parameters alter other parameters - some divide others multiply, it's a minefield don't you think?

Plus I don't actually know what half the values are meant to represent, for example:

MinimalHit = 0.2 (0.2 of what? Weapon hit value? Armour of the vehicle? Bananas?)

I'd be interested to hear how you would tackle it.

This is all a bit bizarre. Works fine for me.

Maybe it's a 'scope' issue. I'm wondering if it matters where you have the mod installed and in what order?

I have it installed in the Arma directory, whereas some of my other downloaded mods are in my documents folder.

All work OK with the BIS launcher.

Mind you, it could be because this vehicle is part American and it just likes to annoy Canadians...:butbut:

Hahaha :P, I thought I was jsut being dumb and couldnt find it but it was mas vehicles and ISC which prevented it from being displayed :P

Thanks for the replies

Your wish is my command:)

I admit I took the easy route with the engine and just used BIS values for their truck.

I'm not sure my brain is up to the challenge of understanding the murky world of

Red Pheonix's torque values and gearbox ratios ....

Regarding the damage handler - very much a case of type in a number and see what happens.

So many parameters alter other parameters - some divide others multiply, it's a minefield don't you think?

Plus I don't actually know what half the values are meant to represent, for example:

MinimalHit = 0.2 (0.2 of what? Weapon hit value? Armour of the vehicle? Bananas?)

I'd be interested to hear how you would tackle it.

Well,i usually throw this code on my T-72 veihicles so they can have a chance against "better" tanks in game and modded in:

this setVariable ["selections", []]; this setVariable ["gethit", []]; this addEventHandler [ "HandleDamage", { _unit = _this select 0; _selections = _unit getVariable ["selections", []]; _gethit = _unit getVariable ["gethit", []]; _selection = _this select 1; if !(_selection in _selections) then { _selections set [count _selections, _selection]; _gethit set [count _gethit, 0]; }; _i = _selections find _selection; _olddamage = _gethit select _i; _damage = _olddamage + ((_this select 2) - _olddamage) * 0.09; _gethit set [_i, _damage]; _damage; } ];

For soft skin veihicles i also disable tyre damage completely(not suv etc) because the AI expert driving means they run over everything every chance they get and = flat tires,hump it to the fight

Cleggy, any chance you could tweak the top cover angle of coverage? If you are trying to cover the left of the vehicle there is a really frustrating hard stop at 270 degrees. Would feel natural to be able to rotate a further 15-20 degrees (accepting there may be some clipping with the turret)

Cheers. Sj

it was mas vehicles and ISC which prevented it from being displayed :P

As ISC inherits from massi the problem is probably with massi's vehicles.

However, is massi's pack interfering with the ridgback or is the ridgback interfering with massi's pack?

I will have to do some testing .... thanks for the info.

Well,i usually throw this code on my vehicles

Thanks! Your code certainly looks a lot more 'pro' than my clumsy If/then and If/buts.

All I have to do now is understand it!

Cleggy, any chance you could tweak the top cover angle of coverage?

Yes it is ruddy annoying isn't it? (I left it like that on purpose):p

No, seriously folks, the whole FFV on this thing needs some love tbh.

As I know you have guys on your team who could fix this in an instant, it's very polite of you to ask.

As ISC inherits from massi the problem is probably with massi's vehicles.

However, is massi's pack interfering with the ridgback or is the ridgback interfering with massi's pack?

I will have to do some testing .... thanks for the info.

Thanks! Your code certainly looks a lot more 'pro' than my clumsy If/then and If/buts.

All I have to do now is understand it!

Yes it is ruddy annoying isn't it? (I left it like that on purpose):p

No, seriously folks, the whole FFV on this thing needs some love tbh.

As I know you have guys on your team who could fix this in an instant, it's very polite of you to ask.

yea I think its prob massi vehciles, what happens is that it overrides all of the vehicles (listed under armor) so that only Massi vehicles are displayed there

ha.. well they're so busy trying to get the weapons pack out they've got no time to hear any dumb requests from me anyway..

We love the ridge so would be great to get the little details tied away to make it perfect... cheers for all the loving you're giving it :-)

I've noticed a strange issue Cleggy and I was wondering if you could spare a minute for it.

My unit has your ridgback and the C17 mod from here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25090 and for some reason, it makes the cargo bay of the C17 transparent. I've gone through all the mods my unit runs today, and everything works ok until I turn on the ridgback. The thing is, I don't know if it's an issue with the ridgback or an issue with the C17, all I know is they don't play well together. Even with just the C17 and the ridgback running (so I think I'm safe in assuming it's a problem with one of those two mods).

The only other clue I can give you is that inside the C17 cargo bay appears to be the interior of your ridgback (passenger seats and gunner stand) in it, without the exterior or any other part.

So the issue is the ridgback doesn't seem to cause any issues with any other mods, but neither does the C17. Anyway, if anything stands out to you off the top of your head, whether with the C17 or your ridgback that'd be a great help.

Hah! Just when you think you've got away with it and can retire gracefully Arma kicks you in the nuts...

First up, thanks for trying the Ridgback, much appreciated.

With regard to your problem - the interior is a proxy object - so not part of the main model.

For some reason the C17 must be substituting my proxy for one of it's own (possibly/maybe):confused:

I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you but I will try and replicate the problem at my end -

maybe something will give me a clue ...

I've just got to see this for myself!

Thanks man. I'll be interested to see what you come up with. It is kind of funny looking. The weird thing is when you get into the back of it, it all works fine. So maybe your interior proxy and the C17's are named the same? Although the relative file paths alone would prevent this surely? Left alone handles like BLX_proxy_interior and C17_proxy_interior?

Anyway, I'll leave it in your hands, and thanks for the great mod :)

EDIT:

Fixed it, the C17 interior was a proxy called "interior" and I'm guessing yours is too? It had a relative path "\globemaster_c17\interior" which is odd because I thought that would of stopped it loading yours (\BLX\interior?) but I'm guessing it's some odd way the game engine stores / loads proxies. Anyway, it's a bit of a hacky fix I've done but it'll tie us over :)

Edited by Crazy538

The odd thing is the ridgback interior proxy is named interior2.p3d - so slightly different from interior.p3d in the C17

maybe the game ignores numbers!

As far as I know proxies need a config entry under cfgnonaivehicles - which I've done

This eliminated 'no config entry' errors in the rpt

The C17 doesn't have proxy config entries, which may explain it.

Still, glad you fixed it, means I don't have to..... or do I?:p

I dare say it was the C17 at fault mate. I think the guy who originally made it dropped the project and went to join the USAF team, so it's just out dated now maybe? Either way, my problem is gone, so no dramas Cleggy. Thanks for looking into it though :)

Edited by Crazy538

Hello cleggy,

first of all thx for this lovely vehicle. I was wondering if you are still working on it.We lately played around with it a lot and noticed some things.

- The windows are not bullet proof at all and you can easily shoot trough them and kill the crew.

- The vehicle is not ACE3 compatible. You are unable the interact with the vehicle via the ACE3 interaction system

We lately played around with it a lot and noticed some things.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not actively working on an update, I needed a break from it and am currently working on a new project.

Unlike many modders here it seems I can only work on one thing at a time!

I have donated the source files to various trusted members/groups, so we can hope improvements come from their direction.

I haven't tried ACE yet (shame on me) - I was waiting for the dust to settle.:p

We've got it... ( thanks Cleggy) and it's on our long list of must haves so it will get the 3cb treatment at some point....

Just can't promise when, as we have so much currently on the plate.

Heyz,

we've tested it again today and came across some issues. The uparmored part around the M2 gets too easlily penetrated by 7.62mm. The other gunners seat completely breaks to the point where it doesn't show up in the addaction menu after getting out once. Furthermore the inheritance from the apc gives the car too many wheels (agm shows 8 I believe) hence repairing only the visible ones let's you cruise with 12km/h beacause the other 4 wheels are still broken.

I really like this project and would love to use it with my group but as of now we just can't, unfortunately.

could you please write the classnames of the 2 down?

and we will support your next work! greetings from the deltaone

I love this vehicle and it works great in singleplayer...but I'm having issues in Multiplayer.

Everytime I run the mod on my dedicated server (I use the TADST dedicated server tool) it says "Ridgeback needs a name!".

We are also having issues when I play with other folks of the game locking up for them, etc.. (but works great for me).  I haven't had any issues even when testing on the dedi server.  But when certain other folks join...that's when the issue of the game locking up on them occurs.

Am I missing something?  

I did notice the mod does not have a bisign.  Anyone else having similar issues?

Thoughts on a remedy?  I'd love to incorporate this in my British Royal Marine MP scenarios.  Thanks in advance for any help.

*NOTE* One thing I thought of....I have my Battleeye disabled.  Could that be the issue?  If other players have Battleeye enabled that it could cause something like that?  They were able to launch the game and the mod worked ok for a few minutes before things went wonky on them.

Literally give it a name in the editor. Simple as that. As for the game locking up, no idea

Literally give it a name in the editor. Simple as that. As for the game locking up, no idea

I already gave all of them names in the editor (veh1, veh2, etc) Still getting the message.