hcpookie

Improved Pandur Units

Leveraging my BRDM and M113 experience against the Pandur. A bit slow coming along due to the textures being unavailable but progress is happening!

Improvements so far include:

- It floats!

- working trim vane and water fording propellers

- visible interior from outside

- open shadow

- working/walkable rear door

- working top hatches

- corrected and improved cargo area

- proper commander seat position

- working driver, commander hatches

- improved dashboard with gauges

- commander turret with laser rangefinder

- correct cargo numbers and placement (6 on ACR version, 12 on others) based on real world research

- walkable interior, top deck (with climbable rear section to deck top)

- correct barrel recoil on guns

- 30mm shell drop

- random gear clutter (MP Synchronized)

- deployable camo nets (will sometimes be deployed on vehicle INIT)

- swappable colors on camo nets

- deployable bush camo

- deployable signal panel

- animated front wire guard

- remapped Czech emblem segments for easier faction swapping (MP Synchronized)

- animated missile compartment doors

- visible missile proxies

- proper exhaust smoke

- proper wheel turn articulation

- working convoy night light

- updated 3D model for 30mm gun muzzle brake

- random number and insignia emblems as found on Unsung M113 (MP Synchronized)

- country emblems for all supported factions (CLAN selection)

- working spare fuel can

- animated bouncing antennas

- All BIS factions represented with different camo per faction

Working versions:

- standard ACR version (with improvements)

- new M2 RWS (remote weapon station) version w/ commander targeting pod

- AT version w/ HOT and/or Spike missiles

- RBS-70 AA version

- HQ w/Periscope and command post

- M2/M240

- Mk19/M240

- Mortar carrier

- Turret model

- slat armored urban patrol versions

Currently available as part of RangeMaster!!!!

pandur_progress11.jpg

pandur_progress12.jpg

pandur_progress13.jpg

pandur_update21.jpg

pandur_progress23.jpg

pandur_progress22.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

Best news today. :-D ACR DLC needs lot of Comunity Love, since its creators totaly skimped it.

also using my modified/improved weapons in rangemaster hopefully. inc spike, bushmaster and m240 weapons, mags and ammo types

And Please Try to make it ACE compatible if you can. :yay:

Very nice, congrads on the release! I hope BIS will release a unpbo'd version of BAF & ACR for the modding community to be used in future projects?

Yeah that would be great if they could. I suppose I could ask... but doubt I could get my hands on the textures. I am told the Czech forces don't have a desert color scheme, however expanding of course for CDF and TAK forces, Molatia forces, etc. etc. the option for extra color schemes becomes apparent.

Egg gave me some textures (I think) from the Czech forces mod, but I must retexture the model to match these textures. So I am "stuck" needing to retexture the model with these new textures.

Yeah that would be great if they could. I suppose I could ask... but doubt I could get my hands on the textures. I am told the Czech forces don't have a desert color scheme, however expanding of course for CDF and TAK forces, Molatia forces, etc. etc. the option for extra color schemes becomes apparent.

Egg gave me some textures (I think) from the Czech forces mod, but I must retexture the model to match these textures. So I am "stuck" needing to retexture the model with these new textures.

Czech Army does have Desert camo Pattern, but Armored wehicles are usualy just painted sandyelow (or whatever is the name of the color) for desert operations. And Pandur is only in green i think.

I'm going to use my pook_camonet mod to allow for "swapping" the textures. She looks impressive with nets and bushes...

pandurcamotest.jpg

pandurnet1.jpg

UberCool :-) Cant wait to test it. Will there be download soon?

Edited by Mirek

hcpooky is quicker then water so it should take ages! I did some camo textures for the Pandur hope he can use them after reconfiguring it all?

I need to look at the textures. The ones I was provided by Egg I'm told was donated by the Czech mod team. However they don't align with the model, so I either (a) retexture each LOD of the model to match, or (b) adjust the textures based on the UV map overlay to match. Either way is a very likely chance they won't be correct when I'm done, so for now I am going to rely on the camo nets for "different" colors.

Camo nets are working...showing a random sample. There are 22 total net colors (and no I'm not adding more) :) Also added a deployable signal panel for those who play w/o friendly tags disabled!

camo_sel2.jpgcamo_sel1.jpgsp1.jpg

A little tease... this may make it into the V1 release... planning to make it more than just eye candy and actually "work" with individual sections that are destroyable and actually work against RPG weapons. May postpone this for post-v1 release...

slats.jpg

Reference pic:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/KBVP-M1_RVS.JPG

Again, if I can't make the damage hitpoint stuff work correctly this will be postponed so as not to delay v1 release.

Edited by hcpookie

it's great - working well on the test server with zero issues

firing the spike missile (by von knudenberg)

spike_pandur3_zpsempaypz2.jpg

fighting from an overturned pandur

taki3_zps6hhq9osc.jpg

Another tease... getting very close now. FINALLY got the two turrets working, M2 for gunner, M240 for commander. Carries 12 cargo :) All the detail w/ the guns got me over the DirectX limits, so I had to get creative with proxies to store some of the details.

Link to a 400k showcase pic... from left to right...

https://taz9aa.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y2pWBOXEwtOCWeZf3qqwoG-2a-MyenIVh9egapyEVwF3dDcuFeTamZhY31g7YvV8G3gSy7J53J9jHqwaDjOMC7q9p0W5TOpj_S8nUJQcZ14bOG4andGSrPTu82ZRFSQjDPluZBURR8i6NnSCbtdvrfnKA/versions1.jpg

HQ model w/ periscope

RBS-70 AA

M2/M240 IFV

Back row...

ATGM model w/ HOT missile

Original RCWS-30 model

RWS w/ M2

PENDING:

- IFV w/ Mk19

- Some final polishing of details

- Research slat armor.

Edited by hcpookie

Please read first post for a comprehensive list of improvements, versions, and new features! :)

In this pic:

- Upper left: RWS M2 model with signal panel deployed.

- Upper right: Open top M2 w/ commander M240

- Lower left: Original w/ animated doors and net camo.

- Lower right: Open top Mk19 w. commander M240

versions1.jpg

- Top pic: wide angle of gunner view showing commander, gunner.

- Lower left: AA version w/ RBS70 quad launcher.

- Lower middle: AT version w/ HOT-3 quad launcher

- Lower left: Night formation light (driver switchable) and HQ mast deployed.

versions2.jpg

COMING SOON TO A RANGEMASTER MOD NEAR YOU! :cool:

COMING SOON TO A RANGEMASTER MOD NEAR YOU!

Please release this as an separate mod. I realy want those pandurs, but i dont want to have to download and instal another ton of useles balast with it.

By useles i mean useles to me. Rangemaster mod is surely awesome, but since it is not ACE compatible and since it contains tons of vehicles i never use, i cant use it.

Edited by Mirek

Sorry, can't be done. There's too much regarding weapon configs and other things that are in the RangeMaster mod. You might want to try it before bashing it... I have personally spent a shit load of time this Fall/Winter adding new things as a part of it and you may find it is more than just "useless ballast". ACE isn't everything.

Mirek, just about the only guys left modding A2 are working in this or CWR, or DAF or PRACS. none of us use ACE. sorry mate. just is what it is.

we use features that will be broken by ACE, and ACE uses features that will be broken by our mod. it's not entirely our fault, or in our power to fix.