fn_Quiksilver

Petition: Add a 'Rant'' sub-forum, or make use of existing

A sub-forum for angry/complaining threads is:  

47 members have voted

1. 1. A sub-forum for angry/complaining threads is:

• A good idea.
    • A bad idea.
    • Huh?

Tired of seeing angry rants by dissatisfied customers clogging up the main discussion forum.

I wouldn't mind seeing a place created for these types of threads, because I do not believe this is the right place for dozens of people to be venting frustrations on a daily basis. At the moment, this forum is one to avoid, both for many users (like myself) and also most of the developers.

It would improve the quality of the forum to put rants, venting and other hot air threads elsewhere.

Or, fixing the game and these threads will disappear? :D

Or, fixing the game and these threads will disappear? :D

This would be the best solution for all.

it pisses you off that people come here and complain? then tell BI to fix this game, simple.

We all deal with the problems (past, present, and future) of Arma 3. The only difference is that most of us play with the cards we are dealt, rather than whining about what should be done. Yes there are loads of things that need fixing, but countless threads about why A3 sucks, (most these guys are STILL playing A3 btw) are getting very old, fast.

Bottom line:

Deal with it, and enjoy every aspect you can or don't play the game. Period. Don't assume to know what BI DEVs are up to, currently working on, or want to fix as bad as we want them to. Sound like a bunch of kids that didn't get enough presents under the tree from santa

There are already appropriate feedback threads for issues. Rants are generally unproductive, annoying, and are of no use.

Yeah, this thread is way more productive than all those rants people are posting all the time.

I disagree.

In my opinion the more constructive rants (not like "omg ur game sux dix & 455, dayz better!!11") are a proper proof that someone, somewhere, f***ed up.

They should be there.

And there should be like a ton more of them, so someone at BIS will finally give this [and hopefully, many of their actions] a second thought.

We all deal with the problems (past, present, and future) of Arma 3. The only difference is that most of us play with the cards we are dealt, rather than whining about what should be done. Yes there are loads of things that need fixing, but countless threads about why A3 sucks, (most these guys are STILL playing A3 btw) are getting very old, fast.

Bottom line:

Deal with it, and enjoy every aspect you can or don't play the game. Period. Don't assume to know what BI DEVs are up to, currently working on, or want to fix as bad as we want them to. Sound like a bunch of kids that didn't get enough presents under the tree from santa

Yeah, and why is that?

People doesn't complain/whine just to complain. There are som serious problem with the game. Some people can't even enjoy the game because of the performance issues. Do we not have any right to demand a product that actually works?

I'm sorry, but i have a hard time to just go with the flow and just accept the state of the game that i bought.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

There are already appropriate feedback threads for issues. Rants are generally unproductive, annoying, and are of no use.

And there is also a Feedback tracker with a huge amount of issues that never get fixed. Issues that are easy to fix and over a year old.

Freedom of speech mate. They can post whatever they want within the rules. Sometimes this can cause progress to be made.

Je Suis Charlie etc etc !

Constructive posts on certain issues (if AI, use as much repro missions as possible) with proper use BIF's text formatting, a normal tone, proper on-topic data (runtime tests, etc.), and no bitching / emotional breakdows are always welcome.

And encouraged by the devs, of course.

A bad idea.

Rather than hiding the dissatisfied customers, why not fix the problems?

i hope that more and more people will register and complain, after 13 years, this is the MINIMUM what the devs deserve.

i understand these people and i support them.

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

A bad idea.

Rather than hiding the dissatisfied customers, why not fix the problems?

indeed, if these problems would be fixed:

- everyone would be happy

- more people would buy BI games

- no complaints anymore in this section

- opening a subforum wouldnt be needed

A rant thread about rant threads

10/10 would never make it. People that buy or is planning to buy the game also needs to see what's wrong with it.

5.jpg

Abonus meme I did while back, that shows the forum attitude nowadays

"Why not tell the devs to fix the game?"

Why not pull your firmly lodged head out of your arse and realise that actually, the devs are doing their best to fix the game. Or is it too firmly lodged up there to notice the difference between now and when it was in public testing and release?

Oh and to save myself the trouble of having to reply to the pointless follow up I forsee coming, Yes I do agree there are issues (and some big ones) that need to be addressed. But I don't doubt for a second that BIS aren't doing all they can do fix these issues.

Also, find me a major FPS that comes close to the size and scale of Arma 3 that doesn't have issues with bugs etc.

I agree with this thread.

Fuck the moaners.

"Why not tell the devs to fix the game?"

Why not pull your firmly lodged head out of your arse and realise that actually, the devs are doing their best to fix the game. Or is it too firmly lodged up there to notice the difference between now and when it was in public testing and release?

Oh and to save myself the trouble of having to reply to the pointless follow up I forsee coming, Yes I do agree there are issues (and some big ones) that need to be addressed. But I don't doubt for a second that BIS aren't doing all they can do fix these issues.

Also, find me a major FPS that comes close to the size and scale of Arma 3 that doesn't have issues with bugs etc.

How do we know that they are doing their best to fix the game?

Just look at the Feedback Tracker..

God i would love to see that development/performance blog that they were talking about, but never released.

Just look at the Feedback Tracker.

Yeah, I'm sure BI devs are just sitting and watching TV all day in the studio, that's why we need to flood their forums with all kind of rants and harsh complains... that will work for sure and motivate them to work better and with more passion... *

After all, don't we all work better when we have hundreds of rude complains? :j:

i hope that more and more people will register and complain, after 13 years, this is the MINIMUM what the devs deserve.

i understand these people and i support them.

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

indeed, if these problems would be fixed:

- everyone would be happy

- more people would buy BI games

- no complaints anymore in this section

- opening a subforum wouldnt be needed

Because most things that people complain about will never be fixed, and the endless rant posts will certainly not help anyway.

In any case, there is no need for such a subforum, the popular subjects already have their own dedicated topics where people are free to post their giant posts, where they will never be read. :)

Just look at the Feedback Tracker..

God i would love to see that development/performance blog that they were talking about, but never released.

Exactly look at the feedback tracker! Let's not post issues, bugs and requests to a dedicated place that the devs can see which is the most requested and where, when done right, good leads as to the cause of problems can be posted, helping speed up fixes to the problems.

No, lets instead post mindless, go nowhere, evidence lacking posts where the word fuck or varieties of it are said more than any other word. That's the way forward!

Exactly look at the feedback tracker! Let's not post issues, bugs and requests to a dedicated place that the devs can see which is the most requested and where, when done right, good leads as to the cause of problems can be posted, helping speed up fixes to the problems.

No, lets instead post mindless, go nowhere, evidence lacking posts where the word fuck or varieties of it are said more than any other word. That's the way forward!

+9000

Well, i think people are losing their patience considering there are issues over a year old thta still isn't fixed.

Honestly I can say don't expect major fixes till the Expansion. They may be getting closer to their intended finished product, but remember BIS came out with a black eye on the beginning so to speak, with a few Dev's arrested, leading to held back and changed plans. Considering this and what we have so far, honestly I wouldn't complain. The expansion however should bring a metric ton of fixes, along with features and content. Not to mention all the foxes before hand. It's a game in development and the players are the most important part. Feedback should be given in the appropriate places, with pressure. This would eliminate the need to rant. Instead of ranting, engage in pressure on BIS to fix important things.

Don't be ridiculous! If we create a dedicated channel for people to complain, how are we moderators supposed to get our daily fix of self importance?! Who's gonna stroke our e-egos? Huh!?

There will always be someone who is dissatisfied with something and it's their right to express this dissatisfaction. If they wish to enter a dialogue, they do it by adopting an objective view on the situation and via constructive criticism. If they wish to vent, which is a perfectly healthy thing to do, they post a "rant", which despite its formatting, still bears some validity. From my observations, most of the time they just want other people to acknowledge their problems (perceived or real), so I think it's a responsible thing to do engage them in a polite and helpful way, regardless of their choice of words. You'd be surprised, how many "ranters" apologized via PM once they realized the tone of their message.

I'm not saying we should all turn into counselors, but we should do our best to approach each situation diplomatically and if the case requires it with the intent to diffuse it.

Thank you and enjoy your infractions for loitering :cylon:

I doubt very much that the overwhelming majority of those who voted "A good idea" have issues with Arma serious enough to render MP unplayable...

Although of course they'll always be a martyr.