austin_medic

[RELEASE] AUSMD Editing Tool

This tool is a combination of a few smaller programs that can help speed up some repetitive tasks by generating SQF code based on the parmeters you enter. This oculd also help by preventing you from making accidental typos and breaking the command/function you are trying to use.

Features:

Task Generator - creates task code to be put into a script based on what you enter.
Intel Generator - creates code required to make the interactive intel objects useful.
Light Point Generator - creates all the code you need to make light objects.
RGB/Hex to A3 Calculator - converts RGB values to something that arma can use, also features a converter for hex to RGB.
Note Creator - Creates code needed for notes on the map.
Notification Creator - Creates code needed to create notifcations.
DescriptionEXTCreator - Creates the backbone of your description.ext with a few clicks.
Addaction creator - Creates addactions for you to use in scripts

All of the above have tool-tips that tell you what something specific does and what values it can accept.

Virus Total Report

Installation:

You can either simply drag out the executable or use the installer, though I think the executable is a much better choice as it doesn't require as much fiddling around.

2.2.0.0 Release

Automatic updating, the program will periodically check if the server has a newer version of the program and will then download and notify you that a new version is availiable. 

Touched up a few things in description.ext editor 

Fixed SQF analysis so it properly functions (and also searches up to 6 sub-folder depth!)

2.1.0.0 Release

Added junk filter for RPT Helper so you can filter out stuff that is spammed repeatedly (searches line by line)

Added dedicated forms to descripton.ext editor and expanded functionality.

Fixed bug in structured text editor with 'align' parameter doing nothing.

Update 2.0

Added file header creator to generate file headers in files.

Added SQF analysis to offer feedback on things that could be done to improve performance of scripts.

Update 1.9

Added RPT viewer

Added structured Text creator

Fixed help form

Update 1.7

Extended Functionality of description.ext editor to include a debriefing section
Fixed a few oversights in description.ext editor
Cleaned up a few forms to make them consistent.

Update 1.6
Added BIS_fnc_MP tool
Added scripting commands list
Next update will probably be trying to fix up some inconsisitencies within the different tools themselves.

Update 1.5

Resized a few forms again
Added Addaction creator

Update 1.4

Added a few little notes to some of the forms.
Resized the task form to make it a bit easier to use.

Update 1.3

Added description.ext creator (still incomplete)
Fixed a few small things that probably will go unnoticed.
Changed the icon for the application to something a bit less pixlated.

Update 1.2

Added Note Creator
Added Notification Creator
Resized a few forms to make them easier to use.

Update 1.1

Removed the need for quotes inside the input boxes.
Resized a few forms to make them more usable
Added Script Snippets

Mirrors:
Dropbox(v2.2)
Armaholic (2.2)

Edited by austin_medic

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I'm getting an "unexpected end of archive" rar error when downloading from Armaholic. The dropbox link works.

The quotation marks present in the input boxes, should they be left in or can they be written over?

I'm getting an "unexpected end of archive" rar error when downloading from Armaholic. The dropbox link works.

The quotation marks present in the input boxes, should they be left in or can they be written over?

Leave them in for now as the program doesn't put them in on its own. Also I think there might've been a mistake when it was uploaded to armaholic, as they would've downloaded the one from dropbox, so its working on my end. Will PM foxhound about it

Update 1.1

Removed the need for quotes inside the input boxes.

Resized a few forms to make them more usable

Added Script Snippets

Mirrors:

DropBox

Some suggestions as to repetitive tasks you want your PC to do for you, throw them down below and I'll see what I can do.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

That's a great too you created there. What do you think about adding a "Create Briefing" button?

That's a great too you created there. What do you think about adding a "Create Briefing" button?

By that you mean the note creating?

Also coming up with a notification creator.

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Update 1.2

Added Note Creator

Added Notification Creator

Mirror:

Dropbox(1.2)

Just a side note that the notification creator can glitch itself occasionally and it will copy the cfgNotifications part twice instead of once. Will try to see what I can do to fix it.

Update 1.3

Added description.ext creator (still incomplete)

Fixed a few small things that probably will go unnoticed.

Changed the icon for the application to something a bit less pixlated.

Mirror:

Dropbox(v1.3)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Update 1.7

Extended Functionality of description.ext editor to include a debriefing section

Fixed a few oversights in description.ext editor

Cleaned up a few forms to make them consistent.

Mirrors:

Dropbox(v1.7)

Oh wow, useful tool like this and practically zero freedback, damn arma community on it again :(

This tool its great idea and you've done good work here austin_medic, please don't let the lack of feedback put you down, just keep on coding and improving your tool.

Downloaded and checked it, nice. Here is some improvement suggestions:

- please rename the exe without spaces

- ? about page, add bit more detail for example is it C# or C++ code etc, perhaps your web site/email or even your bis forum user profile link etc.

- make the task generator (and others?) dialog larger, it feels very claustrophobic now

- tool tips disappear after some seconds, please add like help page or something permanent.

- intel generator dialog cuts out the text "if you want a new line in the tex" and there was no way to resize dialog (other than the fullscreen button)

- description.ext generator tabbing through the input fields is not ordered, like overview pic jumps to game mode skipping load pic

- description.ext generator export button works, but doesn't tell user that exported to clipboard

- command list button is odd, why not just open the link in browser to bis wiki instead?

Great work you've done here, I hope you continue on it even with the lack of feedback.

Oh wow, useful tool like this and practically zero freedback, damn arma community on it again :(

This tool its great idea and you've done good work here austin_medic, please don't let the lack of feedback put you down, just keep on coding and improving your tool.

Downloaded and checked it, nice. Here is some improvement suggestions:

- please rename the exe without spaces

- ? about page, add bit more detail for example is it C# or C++ code etc, perhaps your web site/email or even your bis forum user profile link etc.

- make the task generator (and others?) dialog larger, it feels very claustrophobic now

- tool tips disappear after some seconds, please add like help page or something permanent.

- intel generator dialog cuts out the text "if you want a new line in the tex" and there was no way to resize dialog (other than the fullscreen button)

- description.ext generator tabbing through the input fields is not ordered, like overview pic jumps to game mode skipping load pic

- description.ext generator export button works, but doesn't tell user that exported to clipboard

- command list button is odd, why not just open the link in browser to bis wiki instead?

Great work you've done here, I hope you continue on it even with the lack of feedback.

Thanks for the feedback. Whole thing was written in vb with me learning as I was going, which means some forms are a bit crappier than others, plan on doing a full rewrite near the end of June when I have time. I would include being able to resize the boxes to your own preference but from what I've looked up it seems visual basic doesn't have any easy way to resize a form, even then it'll be a headache to have to readjust every control individually as well.

Ok so its the end of July and It would seem I have lied on the above post, some thing got in the way and haven't had time to work on this program much, though theres another reason for that.

I simply am not quite happy with what I have now, a bunch of unfinished and busted and just plain messy windows. Anyhow expect an update that only focuses on the forms that existed in 1.7 with bug fixes and some extended functionality on Saturday of this week.

Hey Austin_medic,

great work on this awesome tool! Using it to increase my productivity all the time.

One'd think this had to ship in with default Arma 3, but no, nothing similar is in... Makes you think what kind of workflows BIS'

designers follow. Probably something even more comfortable... :D