Sign in to follow this  
Cotchin

Ofp:resistance stopped working ! :(

Ok guys, havent played either OFP for some time now, so imagine my shock when i loaded OFP:R up the this morning to find it running at roughley 2 fps. After several reboots and checks in other games (which seemes to run fine) no luck, so i uninstalled, and tried to reinstall, but whats this ?? install gets halfway through and then just stops ?!?, arghhg , help please :O

Sry for the mishmash of sentences there, just im a bit annoyed sad.gif and yes they are BOTH genuine copy's (OFP original still runs fine)

Mike

Ok, i managed to actually get the game installed now, but it just quits back to desktop when i try loading. I appreciate why they try to put in anti hacking code into games nowadays but, if this is the cause of my probs, i paid good money for their product and i an not amused :@

Has anything in your system changed since the last time you played Opf? Hardware, software, OS, Bios settings, drivers, etc. etc. etc, and before you say "no" think carefully smile.gif

Erm

<thinking mode>

Not that i know of, and besides, OFP runs fine..

BTW, ive got AMD 1900 XP, radeon 8500, windows XP, 512 RAM, SB Audigy...

</thinking mode>

Mike

Maybe you accidentally increased you viewing distance or terrain detail to some setting that is too high for your system? What settings are you currently using (you can see it in your Resistance Video options)?

If your game crashes when loading, I suggest you do to what is written here. We might be able to help you.

Ok, a new day so i try starting OFP:R again and this time there's no crashes ! However i is exactly the same as how this problem started, ie running at about 1-2 FPS. I've tried numerous GFX options, completely down, same as OFP etc, no help - the intro of the game shows some info about gameplay "deteriorating" over time, i guess this kind of effect is what i'd expect. There been any other reports of genuine copy's being mistaken for illegal ??

Mike

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cotchin @ Oct. 17 2002,12:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the intro of the game shows some info about gameplay "deteriorating" over time, i guess this kind of effect is what i'd expect.<span id='postcolor'>

No, this is not the kind of effect you should expect. When game is fading, gameplay elements are changed (like weapon precision), not technical elements (like framerate).

Can you please post content of your UserInfo.cfg here (you can find it in your Users/<yourname> subdirectory of OFP?

Sry for the delay guys, was away for a bit. Anyhow, i uninstalled both games, removed and installed new gfx drivers, and now everything's hunky dorey - cheers for helping out tho smile.gif

Mike