Hello all!

Today I am proud to announce the opening of Turtle's Armory. This will include vehicles not normally found in the Arma-verse or Arma 3 in order to not only improve the A3 experience, but to broaden the capabilities of A3 realism communities.

Planned Vehicles:

Rotary Vehicles

Tilt-Rotor

MV-22B Osprey - v1.0 Released, 2.0 to be released by Karneck on 27MAY2015

Transport

CH53E Super Stallion - Collab with Kerneck, updates incoming

Scouting

OH-58D Kiowa

UH-72A Lakota

Fixed Wing

Attack

F/A-18C/D - C is 80% done

A-6E TRAM Intruder

Stealth

F-117 Nighthawk

Reconnaissance

RC-12 Huron

U-2 Dragon Lady

AWACS

E-2 Hawkeye

Command

E-8 Joint STARS

Electronic Warfare

EA-6B Prowler

*All future aircraft should be out no later than 30DEC2015

In the below spoiler will be the features for each planned vehicle vehicle:

MV-22B

*Once the USMC weaponizes the MV22, expect this one to have a weaponized variant released as well.*

Features in v1.0

Improved Skin - Added, Works

Copilot - Added, Works

FLIR Cam - Added, Works

Spotlights - Added, Broken

Collision Lights - Added, Broken

Probe Retracting - Added, Works

Telescopic Refuelling - Added, Works

Features coming to v2.0

FLIR Screen - In progress for v2.0

AGM Fastrope - In progress for v2.0

Interior Lights -In progress for v2.0 (Green Light/Red Light)

9K Ceiling - In progress for v2.0

MFD - In progress for v2.0

Collision Lights - In progress for v2.0 (with green rotor tip lights)

Spotlights - In progress for v2.0 (with better range)

Unavailable Features

A3 Sling - Unavailable [MV-22B is classed as a plane. Sling is only available for helos]

CH53E

USMC and HMM-465 Warhorse Skins

Realistic Stats

FLIR pod

Telescopic refuel

Optional tail gun

Belly compartment-scroll option[scroll option for Crew Chief]

Fully foldable landing gear, tail, and rotors

Back ramp

Fast rope+sling(with the help of AGM+AFM)

Green Left, right red, belly strobe, tail strobe, and headlights

Optional middle row

Lifting Capability

Windshield wipers

Custom sounds

AFM

Crew: 6; Pilot, Co-Pilot, Crew Chief, Left Gunner, Right Gunner, Rear Gunner

Passengers: 35/55

OH-58D

US Army Skin

Realistic Stats

FLIR pod

Laser Designation

Transport and Attack variants

AFM

Crew: 2; Pilot + Co-Pilot

Passengers: 4

*Possible upgrade to the F and F Block II variants*

UH-72A

US Army Skin

Realistic Stats

FLIR pod

Laser Designation

Transport and Attack variants

Lifting Capability

AFM

Crew: 2; Pilot + Co-Pilot

Passengers: 6

*Possible Medivac Variant, still being researched*

F/A-18 C/D

USMC and VMFA(AW)-225 Viking Skins

Realistic Stats

Basically the same features as John Spartans F18s, only in a C/D variant, minus the vehicle loadout script

***Note: Re-Skins are allowed and encouraged, as long as proper credit is due***

Images

Download Links

MV-22B: PM Me for download link

Known Issues:

MV-22B:

Spot lights in wrong position

Collision lights too dim - Fixed in v2.0

Copilot seat has axis issues - Fixed for v2.0

Pilot/Copilot seat too forward - Issue is with model/fov

Passenger seat issues - Fixed in 2.0

Vehicle Floating - Issue is with AGM i believe

Vehicle turning too slow - Fixed in 2.0

Texture issue on nose seen only from inside cockpit

Mid Air Refueling not working - Issue is with USAF pack

Cannot sling vehicles - Vehicle is Class Plane, Class Helicopter is required for sling

Pilots not centered on Seat - Unable to recreate, possibly mod issue

Pilot moving around seat in flight - Unable to recreate, possibly mod issue

Cannot spawn Via Zues - Code is in place for Zeus spawn. Not sure why it wont work

Vehicle Image in group menu is distorted - Known Issue

The Team:

Turtle [15thMEU(SOC)] - Scripting, Modelling

Cpl Eren [15thMEU(SOC)] - Sounds

*Looking for more modelers and texture artists*

End User License Agreement:

You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only.

You may not use and/or alter this add-on (nor any of its parts) in any other add-on or mod (not even partially) nor redistribute or

mirror it without TurtleImpaler's prior permission and agreement.

This add-on is released under:

88x31.png

Creative Commons License

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs CC BY-NC-ND

~DISCLAIMER~

Re-Skins are not allowed without TurtleImpaler's prior permission and agreement.

Credits

Bohemia Interactive for making A3 and the MV-22B Models

15thMEU(SOC) for help in testing and reference

CWO2 Aaron [15thMEU(SOC)] / Sw4l for the help/assistance

2Lt D. Schultz [15thMEU(SOC)] / Karneck for scripting help/advice

WOC Genesi [506thIR] for the improved MV-22B Skin

DeltaGamer for MV-22B Scripting Help

Edited by TurtleImpaler
  • Like 1

Sounds really good! If you are using the MV-22 from ArmA 2 and haven't touched its maneuverability then you should check out this thread as it shows you how to get the osprey to fly better in helicopter mode. Looking forward to seeing some screenshots :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185595-Adjusting-VTOL-settings/page2

Sounds really good! If you are using the MV-22 from ArmA 2 and haven't touched its maneuverability then you should check out this thread as it shows you how to get the osprey to fly better in helicopter mode. Looking forward to seeing some screenshots :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185595-Adjusting-VTOL-settings/page2

I saw that about two weeks ago but i haven't the slightest clue on how to work the LOD's in Oxygen or how to add memory points :\

Luckily CWO2 Aaron is our mod god and I believe it has been added. If not ill probably go ahead and add it in hopefully....if i don't break the model again...for the 6th time... , but thanks a lot for posting that thread and reminding me of it :D Really appreciate it!

Will it be allowed to do reskins of some of the vehicles if credits are given? I would be interested in a German CH-53 :P anyway looking forward to your mod and good luck.

Will it be allowed to do reskins of some of the vehicles if credits are given? I would be interested in a German CH-53 :P anyway looking forward to your mod and good luck.

Most definitely. Since many international military organizations use the same vehicles as the USA, I am very open to this, especially since it can help sprout more A3 units and more immersion.

I do want to stress though that some vehicles may be incomplete(ie the 53 may not have the optional middle row or full tail/rotor folding) upon release, and you may need to redo the skin upon the update.

The only vehicles that may be impacted by this are the CH53E and maybe the M777.

unfortunately so far my testing has not been successful in getting a plane simulation vehicle to use sling loading. so sling loading "may" not be possible on the MV22B but i wont rule it out completely until i have time to test some more.

-CWO2 Aaron

@Sw4l Yeah I had the same problem with the CV-22, I created a feedback ticket about the issue here:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21623.

If I could find where the sling loading config actually is located then I could be able to make it compatible with the osprey.

Edited by deltagamer

You would think making a memory point and scripting it to be the sling drop point and adding in the code in the config would be enough to make it work:P

Eventually I believe we will be able to do it.

The biggest headache i have atm is with the M777 ACE Arty config :|

You had me at OH-58D, the Kiowa is the one thing that has been missing from ARMA.

Lol i know right? I was a a DetCo in my last unit for Kiowas and man, those things are amazing. Once I saw A3 didn't have one in the works I just said F it, I'll make my own. Hopefully I can have it out by February :p

Edited by TurtleImpaler

will the m777 work with sling loading?

Yes. The actual wheels on them will work as well when packed so it can be also towed via car/truck

Couple quick updates from the team:

We now have a F/A-18C model complete thanks to 2ndLT D. Mitchell of the 15thMEU and the F/A-18D model is almost ready. The texture for the 18C has been started and should be ready soon.

We also have a date for the CH53E: 08FEB2015 is the planned project release if all goes according to plan. It may need to go into a 2 week trial within the 15thMEU just to make sure it is cleared for large scale operations. The public release date for it should be 22FEB2015

The MV-22B public release should be 24JAN2015 so it can also be cleared for large scale operations.

I will make sure to upload some screenshots of the MV-22B as soon as possible, and maybe some of the F/A-18C and CH53 :D

PS, future vehicle list updated and classed. Get ready to have some interesting vehicles in A3 this year ;)

Edited by TurtleImpaler

Just an update, the MV-22B is 99.999% finished, im just having issues making the FLIR work and some pathing issue i created on the MV-22B Red Dragon version. Should be all fixed by tonight and should be ready for release by this weekend.

PS if anyone knows how to make FLIR and MFD work please pm me asap lol :p

Edited by TurtleImpaler

Just a quick question: Doesn't the Mv-22 have a weaponized variant with a 360 degree gatling gun underneath it to protect the troops during the drop? Also, I talked to someone on the 7th Cav teamspeak server and he was a Crew chief on an Mv-22, so maybe a future possible crew slot? Either way THANK YOU for being the hero to add that thing to the game, it was missed. Can't wait :D

Yep, a bug-free Osprey is much appreciated :)

Just a quick question: Doesn't the Mv-22 have a weaponized variant with a 360 degree gatling gun underneath it to protect the troops during the drop? Also, I talked to someone on the 7th Cav teamspeak server and he was a Crew chief on an Mv-22, so maybe a future possible crew slot? Either way THANK YOU for being the hero to add that thing to the game, it was missed. Can't wait :D

Its out there but it is currently not in use in the USMC. It is being reviewed ATM and will be employed in 2016 i believe.

After I get some good diagrams/ref imgs of it, I will add its 2 flight engineer/crew chief slots it has IRL and the gun. Not sure where ill place them but they'll be there lol. Either way, the copilot will be able to control the gun thanks to the FLIR cam and provide support by fire. Just note that this is not an offensive weapon, it is "primarily" defensive :p

Also to add, it will have the AGM fast-roping and it should be a much more stable platform to do static lines/halo drops out the back. Im still trying to figure out how to force sling load to work without having to class the MV-22 as a helo and break it...again >.>

Just as another update, can someone with advanced config knowledge PM me? For some reason something somewhere is breaking the user actions and the FLIR :|

After some testing, the MV-22B is ready for release.

A few things to note about it:

The collision lights are still dim - being looked into

A3MP/AiATP causes a light issue with the main light(puts it above and behind the cockpit) - being looked into

Copilot Seat works

FLIR + Laser Dez works (Thanks to DeltaGamer)

Plane mode is stiffer

Helo Mode is more nimble and more controllable

For some reason, Ramp+Door+Pack feature can still be used from the outside. Not sure if i should try to keep it for P/CP but ill leave it for now.

SlingLoading does not work due to the vehicle being classed as a plane(and no, i cant change it to a Helo class)

If anyone finds any issues, please screenshot/make a video of it and PM it to me so i can review and fix.

MV-22B Download Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22943792/TurtlesArmoryV1.zip

Admin, please keep this thread here until all primary helo's are completed, thanks.

Just downloaded.....

Nice!

We'll use it during our practice this weekend and come back with some group feedback!