Sign in to follow this  
cimalex

[SP] Afghan Entrapment (RWO)

[sP] Afghan Entrapment (RWO) - A seek and destroy U.S. 101 Airborne Div. mission during Operation Anaconda - by CimaleX

RWO_Zavarak_overviewPicture02_zpsc7a38001.jpg

March 2002 - Shahi-Kot Valley and Arma Mountains southeast of Zormat.

Operation Anaconda took place in early March 2002 in which the United States military and CIA Paramilitary Officers, working with allied Afghan military forces,

and other North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and non-NATO forces attempted to destroy al-Qaeda and Taliban forces.

This was the first operation in the Afghanistan theater to involve a large number of U.S. conventional (i.e. non-Special Operations Forces) forces participating in direct combat activities.

This is my second version of CWR2_Takistan_Entrapment, posted last week in this forum, further version will follow (BAF version, Pedagne Mod version).

The original mission was pretty nice, rather difficult but versatile and adaptable to various real or fictional contests, using various assets.

This time the operation will be moved to a real contest, the war on global terror in Afghanistan during 2002, critical phase of Operation Anaconda.

Player has just finished a tactical briefing at the Shahi-Kot Valley Regional uscentcom HQ, and have been updated about the last progresses made by our forces against AL-Qaida and Taliban militia.

In late January and February plans were drawn up to assault the Shahi-Kot Valley using Afghan military forces (AMF) advised and assisted by U.S. special operators, the operation was codenamed 'Operation Anaconda'.

Player will be part of this operation, leading a squad of ten soldiers belonging to 187th Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division, your target is the mounatin village of Zavarak, in the Shahi-Kot Valley, occupied by Al Qaida and Taliban forces.

This mission is rather difficult and endures about 1.10 hrs of intense firefightings against Taliban and AQ militiamen.

Addons required:

ArmA2 OA 1.63

US Military Mod (80s, 90s)

A2 OA BAF (or light version)

A2 OA PMC (or light version)

JSRS (optional)

the link to download the mission file:

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/14811453/file.html

Enjoy!

Wooowww! A2 user made community isn't dead...yet!

Great job, i will gladly play this one. Been trying to get into A3 theme but it doesn't cut it for me.

Thanks cimalex, hope we'll see more from you.

As I have written in the readme, I am preparing the same mission for BAF and Pedagne mod versions...

The original one was made for CWR2 and featured a VMF mission in Takistan after Ofp failed for russian chaps.

About JSRS mod, it doesn't let me play without it so i guess it's not optional.

Awesome. Can you update the RWO thread to include it there?

Plz help me my mission doesn't wat to start!! Simply when i launch it nothing happens!! Maybe i need jssr?

Yes gents, sorry I missed to indicate properly that JSRS is needed and not only optional !

Enjoy...

Great mission! I had a lot of fun playing it! Thank you!

p.s: try some of my sp mission... ;)