Sign in to follow this  
austin_medic

[RELEASE] After Action Report

After Action Report

by

austin_medic

I decided to try to write up something like an after action report. It's pretty basic right now, and I don't think it's going to get any more complex than it already is without becoming much more sloppy than it already is.

The first iteration I made had text information, but it appeared to just clutter the map way too much, so that was scraped.

Anyhow, heres the marker colors and types and what they mean

Red Markers - OPFOR

Blue Markers - Blufor

Green Markers - Independant/AAF

Orange Markers - Teamkill

Dot Marker Type - Group leader movement (color represents what side he belongs to)

KIA/Skull Marker Type - Unit Killed (color represents what side killed the unit)

The markers are hidden, and can only be revealed with somebody who is inside a special slot that has been named. The name can be changed inside init.sqf (variable is AUSMD_leadunit,and the unit name is myUnit), and whoever is inside that slot is able to reveal the markers at any time. Once the markers are revealed, they cannot be unrevealed again as the array of markers can get quite large and is dumped to keep the amount of lag it generates to a minimum.

Simply merge the init.sqf, and drop the other files into the root directory of your mission, and the script should work.

Update V2

Added arrows to ground units, also added dots to mark units in vehicles such as helicopters.

Added a indication marker that will show a group got into a vehicle of some sort.

Mirror:

Dropbox (V2)

Armaholic

Edited by austin_medic

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Update V2

Added arrows to ground units, also added dots to mark units in vehicles such as helicopters.

Added a indication marker that will show a group got into a vehicle of some sort.

Mirror:

Dropbox (V2)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I'm using the Sub Insurgents mod and it's showing me blue skulls for where they died. I also TK'ed an AI (because you know... testing) and that came up as blue as well. For the Sub Insurgents, I'm thinking that there may be a class name error or something, and for the TK's is that Orange for multiplayer only?

Other than that looks good!

I'm using the Sub Insurgents mod and it's showing me blue skulls for where they died. I also TK'ed an AI (because you know... testing) and that came up as blue as well. For the Sub Insurgents, I'm thinking that there may be a class name error or something, and for the TK's is that Orange for multiplayer only?

Other than that looks good!

Well it depends on what side the addon units are set to. If they're set to west then its going to show blue, because thats that side's color. Going in to test it again, but I'm pretty sure it functions with stock units just fine. Not my fault some people don't set up configs properly and it results in bugs and glitches.

EDIT:

It would appear the few milisecond delay between the unit dying is causing the script to get confused (nothing I can do about it, just how the game works). After a unit dies it becomes part of the civilian side, which makes the game just assume that a west unit shot a civvi and it wasn't friendly fire. The funny part is sometimes the script is able to beat that delay and get the data before the unit switches to civ side, but not always.

Edited by austin_medic

Hey there, I am currently working on enhancing your script for animation, so you can watch a replay after mission on the map. Still have to tweak a lot and will share when its done.

I think I will allow markers on every single unit but update less frequently probably. Its all done with a TvT Mission in mind.

First test here:

Double post after long time:

I managed to get my script working, recording is server side every second and has no measurable performance impact. Playback is not 100% in sync though (using global markers set by server) but good enough for a quick rewatch. Player markers are currently triangles, other than that the appropriate tactical markers. Unconscious and Dead Units are marked. I plan to upgrade to self-made markers in the future and probably packing all this into a plug&play addon.

Anyone interested can get the source here. Its not plug & play yet, so you have to have some scripting knowledge to adapt: https://github.com/gruppe-adler/TvT_OnTheFly.Stratis