Hey Goblin, this mod has made for some very fun sessions, I did notice an issue where there were 6 people in the dive chamber, to me everyone disappeared and I was by myself but to them they were all together. I then fell through the floor and had to swim back in. But besides that it works great.

Have you considered being able to deploy a boat out the back of the C130 or Boeing when doing the low level parchuting? That would be cool as shit.

• Like 1

(2nd post here - first got eaten by posting glitch)

Thanks. Locality has been a pain in the ass since the beginning. Not sure what else to do at this point. Will continue to widdle away with this hobby for quite awhile. I feel everyone's pain. Noticed the same issues myself in MP.

The Cargo option is already planned. For both the zodiac and a crate. Complete with chemlights and smoke options. I'll try and get it into the next release, if not; then the one after that.

Been busy with real life right now and finishing the next evolution of the SniperSystem. Its going good and It'll be 10x better. Stay tuned...

Looks very good and like it a lot... Will your Sniper Module be an alternative to the upcoming DLC from BI or will it could work together with the featues BI will be coming with...

I doubt it. Not sure what's going to be in BIS's DLC pack. But I highly doubt it will be an alternative as I hear rumors that it will be on the shooting, ballistics, bi-pod end of things.

My SniperSystem is focused on the 'scout' side of the scout/sniper dynamic. Mostly the training, camouflage, stalking, gear, etc. so I'm guessing it'll compliment it.

Just finished the bulk of the NEW SniperStealth part today. Works amazing so far in testing. Don't want to give too much away. New system will allow you to rehide in the last Blind you build as long as the enemy don't have to much Intel on you and is not too close when you do. You also will not be able to build a Blind if there is too little vegetation around. Keybingings for custom user keys. Misc equipment to carry to give more 'stealth' modifers. Etc.

Not sure when it'll get released. The longer I wait the better the release. But I may just crank out the basic new version this weekend. Time is really short right now. Very cool stuff!

• Like 1

Hi Goblin! Just started messing with this and I'm liking it alot!

I've only started with the SOCOM part as the random mission generation is the biggest part for me in this addon. Really fun stuff! I was off to hack a laptop and didn't know what to do when I got there, pressed enter and all hell broke loose :D

I'm running this with an ALiVE campaign I have going for myself and I'm wondering if there is any way to make SOCOM only give me missions inside a specified area of operations? I got a "destroy this bridge" far behind friendly lines, felt a bit off :)

Also, the bridge took a total of 20 satchel charges, four GBUs from two Wipeouts, a full barage of rockets from an MLRS and it just kind of stood there. I was out of destructive power and ended up throwing grenades at it :) Seems the bridge was invulnerable. Did I do something wrong?

Again, fantastic thing you got here.

Thank you so much. Kind words.

Um, yeah. Don't press Enter. All hell will break loose. LOL.

And the Bridges. OPFOR must have improved their construction methods. They're on to us! Will have to look into it. They used to come down with just a few satchels back in alpha stage.

Okay, Kids!

Should have an update tomorrow, v0.0.5

Any last requests, thoughts, ideas, etc?

UPDATE:

Changelog: v0.0.5

==============

-SpookWarCom-

Tweaked: Numerous Code/Bug Fixes

Fixed: Image & Addon Entry (1.38)

-SOCOM-

Fixed: Desk Placement/Collision Code

Added: Generic Mission X (upto 5)

-Diver-

Fixed: Desk Placement/Collision Code

Added: 2nd SDV on Submarine (left & right)

-HALO-

Fixed: Cargo Lighting (ground; XHR-1)

Added: Altimeters to Airborne Craft

Added: User Custom Keybindings

Added: More Module Options!

Added: Automatic Activation Device

Added: Leather Thermal Jumpsuit; Onxy Black

Changed: Increased Cargo Space in Jumpsuit

-SNIPER-

NEW: Complete Re-Write of SniperSystem!!!

Added: User Custom Keybindings

Added: 'Sparse' Sniper Blind/Hide Build

Added: 'Normal' Sniper Blind/Hide Build

Added: 'Thick' Sniper Blind/Hide Build

Added: Debug/Testing Feedback Script; ALT+D

Added: More Module Options!

Tweaked: Simple Ballistics [WIP]

-EOD-

Added: Skeleton (if suicide bomber explodes)

-EDITOR-

Tweaked: Testing/Example Map

Very excited to try this! What do you mean

Added:Skeleton
? Like as in decimated person or position of exploding man?

Also can't get JumpBuddy GUI to show. Jumpmaster wont approve my HALO even tho it's in my 'Watch' inventory position. I drop the iniital watch, grab the VQI, press and hold 'O' and the standard watch appears. Disabled all mods and don't see it's listing in the custom controls.

Edited by froggyluv

Thank you very much for informing us about the updated version and some of the updated info :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Can anyone tell me how specifically I can set up an assassination mission? And how the additional objectives work? Because I tried syncing some units with the module and it simply said "missing init" - somethingorother.

I think you read my mind with this mod! Very excited to give this bad boy a spin and return with some feedback.

Solid Copy. Let me know what you think.

This mod is awesome!

Yes. Of course. :p

Just heads up Alt-A brought up my Jumpbuddy. Dunno why :p

Rgr that. Some settings are in the module itself. And the keybindings are in the Main Menu:

Menu >> Configure >> Controls >> Configure Addons

Alt+A is for toggle On/Off and Alt+H is temporary On/Off based on your timer settings in the Module

itself. The "watch" option is also set in the Module options as a 3rd choice.

Can anyone tell me how specifically I can set up an assassination mission? And how the additional objectives work? Because I tried syncing some units with the module and it simply said "missing init" - somethingorother.

First the Sync is not used an any of these Modules yet. Just ignore it for now.

Place the SOCOM ON Module and select the "Assassination" category from the option list. Then place a SOCOM DESK Module. You have to wait for 20-30 seconds for everything to finish settings up and initializing.

Go up to the desk and there will be a Menu that will pop-up you can click on. Use your scroll-wheel to see all options. Right now there is Mission, SATCOM Day, and SATCOM Night. The SATCOMs are (WIP) going to give you an overhead satellite view of the Mission area after you have gotten your mission.

So click on Mission first, let it load up for a few seconds. It will build a random "Assassination" mission for you. (There is only 1 type, but unlimited locations. More coming soon.) Wait for it to finish. It will mark the location and then load the Briefing details. There is nothing fancy or "gamey". Its up to you to role-play whatever you want.

And the Generic Missions? Those are just random Xs for you to, again, role-play what you want without my pre-selected missions/briefings. Its just Markers set at random locations. You can role-play or use them any way you wish. Make up your own missions and briefings.

• Like 1

I'm loving this mod so far! The HALO and Submarine features are simply amazing! I haven't tried the sniper functions yet but I'm sure they're great the way the rest of the mod looks. Anyway, my question is is there a way to change the faction or units that spawn with the SOCOM feature? I'm using RHS and would like to fight russians or terrorists or something, not CSAT. I can understand if the system to change unit faction isn't in place yet, but it would be a great feature! Or maybe I'm just missing something super obvious haha. Thanks for any info you can give. Love the mod!

Thanks!!!

Using the CSAT is the only option right now. I had to design everything with CSAT/Altis in mind to start since that is the A3 default.

I have plans at some point to add user-options for faction selection. I also was going to add it will detect what Map you are on and

what Mods you have, and then spawn accordingly automatically. So if you were playing on Chernarus for example, it would use RHS.

I think I should add a Ticket System to this and maybe have people vote on features, requests, bugs, issues, etc. then move the ones

with the most votes to the top of the list. Not sure. Maybe... Its also a good way to see who is reading the OP and documentation.

if i am getting it right (by reading 12 pages) it DOES spawn enemy's ? if so something has to be wrong on my side as i never see any :(

LITTLE BUG REPORT...

on smd saharani the sniper module starts itself while not even being present on the map (i was just checking out the island with one little man) i repeately get all sniper options as action menu then it dissapears to re-apear several seconds later to disapear several seconds later and then to reapear ....... well you probably get the point ;)

LITTLE QUESTION ..

did you do somehing with the SHIFT key ? as i press it i get a strange sound (could be a other addon, have not checked it out yet) and i see a message (hint) Comming Soon..

Edited by supergruntsb78
added bug report and question

You have the latest version, correct, v0.0.5?

It only spawns enemy for certain missions and situations. It also was coded to work on spawning CSAT only IF you were playing on Altis or Stratis. Can't remember if this part of the system has been changed or updated. (on my phone right now)

You should be using this with ALiVE or TPW, or similar if you want populated maps with enemey. My full enemy population Module (D.A.R.K.) will not be ready for a long time.

As for the Sniper stuff. My apologies. I know some sections of this project are kinda confusing as I'm experimenting with things. Both the Sniper Module and the HALO Module have Keybindings you can set. The Sniper has Module+Config, and the HALO has only the Module. I was testing both. So Sniper Keybinding is always ON since its a config file involved. Configs are always run when you simply just have that mod installed, used or not.

I haven't had the time to test which setup is better. Hope that makes some sense. You can adjust your Keys/Controls in the Main Menu for this add-on.

If I can, I'll likely use the Module-Only setup for keybindings, so its only running IF you have the particular Module placed on the map. Not sure if it will save your settings though this way.

Thanks for the Q's and feedback. -S-

You have the latest version, correct, v0.0.5?

Thanks for the Q's and feedback. -S-

i only found the mod 2 days ago so yeah i have the latest (0.0.5) on Stratis and Altis i dont have the sniper module start it self (only noticed it on SMD Saharani)

will go check to see if i get any targets (i do use TPW bt will now setup skirmish ) as for CSAT targets no problem with that :P

love the concept so far, so keep it up :)

(edit:)

YESSSSS i have seen enemy forces :) :) :)

next little question i try to set up the Nimitz as starting point for my SAD operative but i am struggling with the socom and scuba desk how can i set them to spawn at the right height ? *i want them to show up at the briefing room / empty room (next to the briefing room)

Edited by supergruntsb78
new information :P

Is anyone else having issues with the EOT aspect of the sample mission? I have the Black ESD Diagonal Snips, but when I go up to any IED's like the dug in one right across from the EOD staging area as well as the large dug in one under the bridge as well as the small urban IED's....can't interact with any of them to disarm. It states to have Black ESD Diagonal Snips and that the area for the wire is very small which suggests a resolution of 1920x1080--which is my native resolution. I've been all over that thing standing, crouching, laying down, naked straddling it, smacking it on the ass and calling it daddy....no interaction to "diffuse" those ied's to placed in the editor and marked. And yes, I did also run only cba and the mod. No change. Needless to say a bit confused why there are dug in IED's all over and I have the tool (the ESD Diagonal Snips for some reason get equipped in the slot where the compass does, I believe?) and hovering every pixel of these things and also scroll wheeling incase I catch something, but nadda. Is there any videos of the EOD stuff to compare technique perhaps?

next little question i try to set up the Nimitz as starting point for my SAD operative but i am struggling with the socom and scuba desk how can i set them to spawn at the right height ? *i want them to show up at the briefing room / empty room (next to the briefing room)

Name ANYTHING VQI_SOCOM_1 and VQI_DIVER_HMSPROTEUS (I think). You will have to place it manually with the elevation for the area you want. Not sure what the elevation is for the Nimitz Briefing Room is. It should say in he map icon. If naming something manually, you do not need the DESK Modules.

Does the mods work for Dedicated Servers now?

The OP stills says, No. So, no. Some stuff kinda sorta does, but not all. You'll have to test and experiment.

.....I've been all over that thing standing, crouching, laying down, naked straddling it, smacking it on the ass and calling it daddy....no interaction to "diffuse" those ied's.....

Yikes! LOL. The snips and disarming are only setup for MY IED device. Not the in-game ones. I'll be including mini-game disarming for those as well, but it'll be a while yet. Sorry. Lol.

The other in-game explosives are only there to show you the IMS "BombBuddy" Mine Detector works for ALL in-game explosives in addition to my custom roleplaying 'movie-style' bomb.

Edited by Goblin