Sign in to follow this  
robbyj

What do I do at night?

Hi. I love the game. Mini Dayz is lots of fun. I just don't know what to do when it gets dark! I can't see well, eventually my headlamp, fire, or flare all run out and then I am left in the dark. I usually walk right into zombies or bandits and night and there isn't much I can do about it. My current strategy is to stay in a house for the entire night and hope I have enough food and drink to get me through until morning. Is this how you are supposed to play? Anyone have some tips for playing/searching around at night?

Maybe, like Minecraft, it's best to find a hidey-hole before it gets dark & sit in it until it's daylight again?

Maybe, like Minecraft, it's best to find a hidey-hole before it gets dark & sit in it until it's daylight again?

Exactly what I have been doing. The only difference is, when playing minecraft, you eventually are able to escape that cycle. Here, I am not sure if that is possible.

The only difference is, when playing minecraft, you eventually are able to escape that cycle.

Or at least do some busywork (mining, crafting etc). Here you just have to wait it out. Which is shit, since you often dont have enough food, drinks or wood to make it through, finding and keeping enough with you is often impossible due to inventory constraints.