hcpookie

pook_SAM Pack v1.0

Thanks for the new link (I hope I do not annoy to much with my "link dont work" posts) :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Not a problem at all! I need to figure out the magic settings that make these OneDrive settings persist. I suspect the "use short link" setting is the problem. I've never had a normal "long" link fail like these short ones do

v1.5 update coming soon!

The list so far... still need some MP testing to verify a few things:

- FIX: All configs are "standalone" meaning they no longer inherit from other vehicle configs. This was done to address some inheritance overwrite issues w/ conflicting mods.

- FIX: Added missing CRAM and NASAMS radars

- FIX: Patroit MP multi-spawn fix

- FIX: Updated other scripts for better MP function

- FIX: Pantsir commander light always on.

- FIX: Numerous small config issues (missing some crew getin points, etc).

- FIX: Some 3D model issues (missing crew getin points, exhaust points, etc).

- FIX: SA3 static "wandering" turret (geometry fix).

- NEW: SA3 tracked front gunner position.

- NEW: Display and class names for SA3 tracked updated to standard naming convention (see classname list in readme).

- NEW: Patriot "killed" cleanup script.

I'm going to spend some quality time getting the SA10 up to speed as well. The vehicle is working, but the paint needs some work. I plan to create a scripted solution that allows the animations of the launch tubes to work accurately for players. That is going to take a bit of work. The SA10's radar arrays are ready however :) Getting all the pieces of the SA10 working together is becoming a bit of a PITA!

https://public.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y2p-ZCtPBTvoOVdGFPB89rGt7-Ni-YnOKrAfsWpcWAKoKZM41z8UUHRoGmzHeVdIVjnjSm1VlWEVd-MND9uXRK67Qh3P38ffTAqW7JT-afDoB0/sa10_2.jpg (169 kB)

https://public.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y2pmWwMFEwMACZyTUsZx6bw4Vh9_8MFHbUCMteevwxUcTEZGhuRf9e7c2uelQVl116lMIhAwWTjGeOiIVHvTy8fZHZqr4k1OF9TzBdtu_811ak/radars.jpg (311 kB)

Edited by hcpookie

Hi man wanna ask do you continue this SAM project, and when will be S-300 or S-400 released? ;) thank you !!

ok i got it - gonna add to next rangemaster update

Are you ,or someone else going to make this working /compatible with Arma 3

Edited by R0adki11

if pook does, it will be announced in the A3 forums

Are you ,or someone else going to make this working /compatible with Arma 3

Please quit asking stupid "can you please add this" questions. I may not release this to A3 just because of this question.

the A3 modding threads are full of trolls asking for obscure additions to perfectly good mods.

not so many left looking at our work in A2 thank heaven

Well I do eventually plan to make this for A3 but not today.

Arma 2 rocking your addons rocking but what is THAAD is US using that ? :D

THAAD is "Terminal High Altitude Area Defense" and you could consider it like a long-range Patriot in comparison:

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/thaad.html

Used to be called "Theater" defense. Not sure if the comparison is appropriate, but it would be similar IMO to the Russian S-400 (SA-20) or S-300 (SA-10) for our considerations.

I still have that SA-10 model that still needs to be skinned and scripted. Or the NASAMS static launchers, so we shall see how it works out.

Oh I should also add - due to an inheritance problem the NASAMS and C-RAM didn't have radar/lock capability. I redid the inheritances so they should work correctly now. At least, they work correctly on my SP test, so really only need to verify MP functionality and that issue should be fixed. It is cold and rainy here today so I might see if I can put that static NASAMS together.

Static NASAMS. Coming soon to a RangeMaster mod near you! :)

nasams_battery.jpg

update comin tomorrow i hope

Update found in the RangeMaster 2.6 update:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181303-BAFX-and-Rangemaster-mod-packs-released&p=2935152&viewfull=1#post2935152

Contains the NASAMS static launcher with radar unit, NASAMS radar unit standalone, and the CRAM/NASAMS radar fixes. Simply needs some MP testing to ensure the fixes work correctly MP like they do in SP.

FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS: Nasams 2 works like Swiss clock very good job ! i was able to read about MEADS and THAAD systems wow it's gonna be very nice to have them !!! :D

well we have some cool scuds and patriots. just need the ability to shoot the scuds down now, which i know pooks been considering...

i think it would need an invisible but lockable vehicle/special laser target flying with the ammo, so the patriot can lock it. then have a fired EH to detect nearobject on the scud ammo and delete it

SA10 making progress (finally).

SA10_smallview.jpg

Also the SA10 radars as well:

radars_small.jpg

I'm most likely going to make a spawning SA10 SAM site like I did w/ the Patriots. This will simplify their use. The mobile launchers and targeting radars will still need a bit of scripting to make sure the load sequence is correct, as they have to have the launcher tubes deployed to fire. That scripting is going to be a bit of a challenge.

Links to some close-up pics too large to post:

https://ecmtrw.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y2pM46FY7gai3REIrdCK_XkW49FbB4C5F7GOk8SG5VtjTeKeAgpW9Ay2YZ4niS6onsRUAf8g9c1zekOGsL8QR7wcCJkhtm5RpWUn9AAd4WjaVMSHLyKCf8OxT5wDiSrLXCmlC-OmFzSTjFtRbo0lJAYVRwzzVyy2eVWU503baUyBZE/SA10_showcase1a.jpg

https://ecmtrw.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y2pgmOl--L8gCVpL1v6CM864SFhv6ipN29PHVOkq-o_eL_8PzPIRHvIMG4M7bOvJs5MfKKdla8QZ9gx3tkfdkom7EUN3c-v4bRJVwS9a4LXLf9Bf71ULIfnjO-9xl9sf6f2gvdUgwcMpHgqddEkpur5CJHrrD_9bUfT3yKbSO5kkiI/SA10_beta.jpg