hcpookie

pook_SAM Pack v1.0

Version 2.1 maintenance release! This should be the "stable" release for some time. I am researching improvements to the AAA flak burst effects.

Download link the same, on the first page!

v2.1: 6/26/2015

- FIX: Geometry errors causing some SAM gunsights to aim downhill (not seen on flat terrain).

- FIX: Some static SAM launchers incorrectly ejected dead gunners.

- FIX: Missing texture error in pook_SAM.

- FIX: Missing ramparts on MIM104 site.

- IMPROVED: SAM Site names in editor.

- IMPROVED: S-125 (SA3) vehicle fireGEO lods.

- IMPROVED: S-125 (SA3) missile texture.

- IMPROVED: ARM Detection script now checks if plane is flying.

- NEW: PRV-11 "Side Net" height finding radar for SA3 and AAA sites.

v2.01: 6/24/2015

- FIX: C-RAM inheritance problem

- FIX: Missing pook_P12.pbo

Many thanks for your work and the updates. :)

oh man they are so improved comparing to version before good job !!!! and ohh any progress or info about S400 (Sa-20) ? :D

Extremely nice addon.

But I can not place both Sa-10 missile launchers. Game returns "can not open "modelname".p3d". Please help

I was able to confirm this behavior, it appears the upload somehow broke the SA10 models. Very weird. I've uploaded v2.2 update... look for the new file in the same location as listed on the first post: pook_SAM_a_v2.2.rar

ONLY the pook_SAM_a was updated! This v2.2 maintenance update is a copy/paste overwrite of the pook_SAM_a files, and all of the pook_SAM_b files remain UNCHANGED! Saves download times :)

Edited by hcpookie

Apparently I am only posting on your threads... I guess because you're making rare cool stuff that I love!

Anyway: any plans to port this over to Arma 3?

NEW v2.3 update!

NEW PDF Guide that should answer everyone's questions about "what does that mean" or "what does this do" or "how does this work".

Lots of pictures so people like me will enjoy it! :D Get it here: http://1drv.ms/1Ca0xTk

v2.3: 7/10/2015

- FIX: Rampart spawn issues in site scripts.

- FIX: AAA Site spawner “out of ammo†messages.

- FIX: BUK Family launchers reversed insignia.

- IMPROVED: Editor Class categories renamed for better organization… AAA and SAM units now listed separately.

- IMPROVED: MIM104 proximity fuse increased to 30m.

- IMPROVED: BUK Family interior views no longer empty.

- IMPROVED: 9K317-M3 3D model adjusted.

- NEW: Published SAM Guide v1.0

- NEW: PU-12 ZSU site spawner with 4x ZSU-23-4 primary units. Radar vehicles in RangeMaster pook_BTR60.

- NEW: NASAMS site spawner with 4x NASAMS primary units and CRAM point defense units.

See first page for d/l info.

I also cleaned up the first page since the Guide is much easier to read. :)

Nice!

Is anyone has these bugs:

- SA-10 site deploys launcher's embankbents much more higher than ground level. So they hang over ground at height 1-1,5 meters.

- 30N6E mast and 76N6 mast are not represented at Editor anymore. You can deploy them only via "Empty side" or SAM site. But not as separate active unit.

Please let User see every SITE units position icons, not one common icon, this will help to horizontate and make more exact placement (fo example this will help players place site at small military base).

Edited by cinv

Nice!

Is anyone has these bugs:

- SA-10 site deploys launcher's embankbents much more higher than ground level. So they hang over ground at height 1-1,5 meters.

I tested the ramparts on level ground. Uneven terrain will inevitably affect placement. I have added setPos commands to try to normalize placements. I am considering making new embankments that are very "tall" which would not suffer from the placement issues. That would still not affect the placement however since they are still setPos'ing from the vehicle.

- 30N6E mast and 76N6 mast are not represented at Editor anymore. You can deploy them only via "Empty side" or SAM site. But not as separate active unit.

They are empty! As with all empty units, they only appear in the "empty" category.

Please let User see every SITE units position icons, not one common icon, this will help to horizontate and make more exact placement (fo example this will help players place site at small military base).

The icon is what it is. I don't plan to change them at this time.

Hey maybe a stupid question, but on Armaholic it gives as requirements for your SAM pack the Rangemaster pack. For your SSBM pack it gives the Rangemaster pack AND the BAFX pack. However both links given lead to the Rangemaster pack, and if you search manually for the BAFX pack youll find it but it has the exact same screenshots as the Rangemaster pack.

So may question: For both the SAM and SSBM pack, do I need BOTH the Rangemaster as well as the BAFX pack...?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know what is going on with the Rangemaster / BAFX downloads, so I'll have to play dumb.

You only need the Rangemaster parts, the BAFX parts are distinct and separate, and not required as I have no BAFX content dependency.

HOWEVER - the server that Egg uses is a UK server, meaning all the BAFX content will be required to join MP games. So downloading BAFX is not a bad thing. ;)

OH regarding the icon, I should have mentioned that the icon in use is the "real" NATO icon for a SAM site. :)

Edited by hcpookie

I don't know what is going on with the Rangemaster / BAFX downloads, so I'll have to play dumb.

You only need the Rangemaster parts, the BAFX parts are distinct and separate, and not required as I have no BAFX content dependency.

HOWEVER - the server that Egg uses is a UK server, meaning all the BAFX content will be required to join MP games. So downloading BAFX is not a bad thing. ;)

OH regarding the icon, I should have mentioned that the icon in use is the "real" NATO icon for a SAM site. :)

Ah thank you. Yeah you can check out what I meant here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29055

Down under "Requirements" it says both "British Armed Forces Expanded mod (BAFX)" and "Rangemaster mod pack" are required, but even if you click on BAFX it still leads you to Rangemaster

And if you check out the pages for both: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26409 and http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28990&highlight=BAFX youll see they use the exact same screenshots, so it might be confusing for a noob

I can't seem to find the 9K317-M3 Buk in the editor at all. Saw it in the readme PDF so I figured I would check it out

-M3 should be in the same exact locations as the other BUK models. What faction are you looking at?

Empty. The Russian BUKs are under the "Other" faction, while almost every other SAM is under air defense. There's also a blank category under some factions too which contain radars and such. FWIW the SSBM pack is giving me the same issue. Only things I'm running are CBA, BAFX, range master, the SAM pack and the SSBM pack. I was also getting a classnames error.

beware rangemaster 1.8 contains old sam pack not yet updated

i had also seen these blank categories you mentioned. i think they are to do with pooks site spawners.

I'm working on these issues. Thanks for reporting them!

I have confirmed that the class name issue in the editor is a conflicting addon within RangeMaster. I need to finish downloading the current repository and then I'll be able to identify and correct. In the meantime, the class names will have to do. I hope to be completed w/ the download overnight, and then I can track down the culprit. Stay tuned!

I have been working hard on the AAA airburst. New function - the AAA airburst now adjusts for height! So flying anywhere near a AAA site is going to be tricky :)

I will *probably* have the update completed tomorrow. I have to double-check on a few things before I release this update. The new files are in the same d/l location so if you want a sneak peak BEFORE release feel free to d/l the current "2.4" files. :) There is also a new demo mission that lets you watch a ZSU site completely decimate a 3x Su-25 and 3x Mig-29 flight. Fun stuff!

AGAIN, I must stress this is WIP and not official 2.4 material YET... gimme 24 hours to make a few final tweaks ;)

Changelog (current WIP - pending final revision!):

- FIX: PU-12 Rampart height.

- FIX: SA-10 Rampart height.

- FIX: Editor Class errors.

- FIX: PRV-11 headlight removed.

- FIX: PRV-11 geometry. Vehicle should no longer slide downhill.

- FIX: Removed various external texture and RVMAT dependencies.

- FIX: Reversed Buk SA11/SA17 turret ‘initTurn’ direction.

- FIX: Corrected the ZSU Commander radar view and motion range (finally!)

- IMPROVED: ZSU-23-4 3D model: Cover plate over guns now animated; random plant clutter; random bumper.

- IMPROVED: SAM and AAA Sites now disable headlights.

- IMPROVED: SAM and AAA sites now spawn faction flags.

- IMPROVED: AAA airburst height adjusts to target altitude. AAA is now much more lethal!

- IMPROVED: PU-12 / ZSU-23-4 AAA Site engagement ranges improved; overall more aggressive.

- IMPROVED: New Buk SA11/SA17 texture sampled from real world photos.

- IMPROVED: Buk SA11/SA17 missile 3D model.

- NEW: Empty Radome objects now available in editor (found in Empty category).

- NEW: Orange tracer for ZSU-23-4 airburst.

- NEW: ZSU-23-4M4 (Shilka) midlife improvement version, featuring 6x Strela launcher and improved targeting.

Reference link to the real-life 4M4 upgrade: http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Legacy-SAM-Upgrades.html#mozTocId782544

4M4_1.jpg?psid=1

AAAdemo1.jpg?psid=1

AAAdemo2.jpg?psid=1

AAAdemo3.jpg?psid=1

Edited by hcpookie

I've tweaked v2.4 files I have uploaded. NEW in the upload is the replacement for the rangemaster pook_zsu.pbo. This provides the new ZSU and new AAA goodness. I have not yet identified the issue w/ the classnames, other than the fact that the classname has been used in some of the rangemaster PBO's. WITH rangemaster, the classname is "Air Defense". Whenever I use w/o rangemaster, the classnames work correctly, and the new name "Air Defense - AAA" appears correctly in the list, along with "Air Defense - SAM" and "Air Defense - Sites". Go figure.

I am not sure why this happens, as I can't find any references in the rangemaster resource files that would cause a conflict. So for now, the SAM pack names might still be broken. I think a rangemaster update is warranted. I'll be working with Egg to track down the other rangemaster classname references.

In my test, all of the factions correctly show their respective units, and I didn't have to go fish for them in the Empty category.

If you wish, feel free to download and play with the current files (same download location). Note that the pook_ZSU file belongs in the @rangemaster\addons folder!