Sign in to follow this  
Gutsnav

Combat mode dependent walking animation

Hey guys I just wanted to see what people would think of this idea / concept thing I have. So right now (v1.36), when you walk with your weapon lowered it looks like you just jumped a canyon with a jet powered motorcycle. Even in a combat zone, everyone is just derpin around and walking like a badass. Some mods (like AGM) replace this animation with one where people keep their hands on their rifle. This looks way better, but it could be cooler. I was thinking that maybe the animation for walking / jogging with a lowered weapon could be dependent on your combat mode. There are three "lowered ready" walking / jogging animations in the game files, which can be viewed with the animation viewer. The first one is the "badass walk", the second one is a more reasonable animation with both hands on the rifle, and the third one has the weapon cinched up against the chest like you're expecting to meet some bad guys. What I mean by "dependent on your combat mode" is that when you are "Relaxed" you have the "badass walk", when you are "Aware" you have the more reasonable animation, and when in "Combat" and/or "Stealth" you have the more paranoid one (Weapons tight maybe?). Just a concept. If I had any clue on how to make mods I would make this, but I don't.

Is this suggestion for AI or players? Because there is no way to set your own combat mode that I am aware of. You can toggle combat pace, but that would only work for two of the animations.

Doesn't your combat mode change automatically when in contact? Anyway, the players would always be "Aware" by default but could be set otherwise :P.

It would be nice if the "C" button toggled between two different walk anims: relaxed/hand on weapon.

Completely with you there.

The current "calm" animations are a real pain in the ass.

Also, the character tends tp keep on walking for a bit when lowering/raising the weapon which is annoying as hell... this NEEDS to be fixed!

Smookie one of the developers want to change that too but manpower/resources/priorities

kept it back I guess.

Smookie one of the developers want to change that too but manpower/resources/priorities

kept it back I guess.

Can't be true because (I hate doing this) DayZ.

And the game is already 1+ year old and this was already an "issue" pointed out on the awesome Stratis teaser; E3 2012?

C'mon BI, you can do better!

Can't be true because (I hate doing this) DayZ.

And the game is already 1+ year old and this was already an "issue" pointed out on the awesome Stratis teaser; E3 2012?

C'mon BI, you can do better!

It can't be because of dayz?

I recall smookie saying that animation is captured is about changing it because

swaggy walking is not to his liking.

I recall smookie saying that animation is captured is about changing it because

swaggy walking is not to his liking.

I think that the animation is fine, it just doesn't fit the situation unless you are relaxed. You wouldn't walk like that on a combat patrol but you might if there wasn't a big chance of a threat or something.

It can't be true because of the number, complexity and variation of animations made specialy for DayZ. One more trivial animation wouldn't hurt.

Skeletons or whatever techky thing don't match between games? Then there is something wrong in the process of doing things.

Anyway, I expect significant changes with the next DLC.