Sign in to follow this  
Coolinator

Is there a way to show all enemy moving locations on map?

Is there a way to show all enemy locations on map, even when they are moving? Also, not just me, my teammates can see all enemy locations on their own map? Is it possible?

>del< - sorry misunderstood, it's about locations, not units positions, isn't?

Edited by Rydygier

Hello, can you please provide more information about what exactly you are trying to do? I wrote a script 2 months ago that you can find here. There is a picture example of what it does in that post. If that's what you are looking for, excellent, but if not, I need to know more.

Hope that helps

>del< - sorry misunderstood, it's about locations, not units positions, isn't?

Kinda both, i want to show their positions on the map at all times, even when they are moving. I don't know if it's possible? I made a mission where we have to eliminate all enemy jets in the air. Problem is we can't end mission because we can't find the last remaining jets flying around on Altis. :(

---------- Post added at 23:52 ---------- Previous post was at 23:50 ----------

Hello, can you please provide more information about what exactly you are trying to do? I wrote a script 2 months ago that you can find here. There is a picture example of what it does in that post. If that's what you are looking for, excellent, but if not, I need to know more.

Hope that helps

is this for friendly units only? does it work for enemy AI's? Also, the example mission link download is broken :(

---------- Post added at 01:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

Hope that helps

I found a download link the script you posted in armaholic! It works so well :)!!!! im so happy :)!!!! Thank You SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THis just what exactly i need it for my mission :)!!!!1 I love you, no homo lol :)

BUt question about JIP? im hosting my mission in dedicated server. Do i have to do something different for initializing or i can still use the regular default initialization?

Like this:

null = ["eachFrame5", "Hostile", ["O_Plane_CAS_02_F"], 30000] execVM "DE_simpleIcons.sqf";

Or

do i need to change it to like this? (when hosting in dedicated server)

null = ["eachFrame5", "Hostile", ["O_Plane_CAS_02_F"], 30000] execVM "DE_simpleIconsJIP.sqf";

Or

I put them both in my init.sqf like this?

null = ["eachFrame5", "Hostile", ["O_Plane_CAS_02_F"], 30000] execVM "DE_simpleIcons.sqf";                                        
null = ["eachFrame5", "Hostile", ["O_Plane_CAS_02_F"], 30000] execVM "DE_simpleIconsJIP.sqf";

Edited by Coolinator

You should be able to just use the JIP one in-place of the standard one, so just DE_simpleIconsJIP.sqf

I found a download link the script you posted in armaholic! It works so well :)!!!! im so happy :)!!!! Thank You SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THis just what exactly i need it for my mission :)!!!!1 I love you, no homo lol :)

BUt question about JIP? im hosting my mission in dedicated server. Do i have to do something different for initializing or i can still use the regular default initialization?

Well I'm glad someone found that script useful lol. Here is the usage information from my old post

/* 
   USAGE: 

_handle = ["P1", "P2", [P3_a, P3_b, P3_c, etc.], "P4"] execVM "DE_simpleIconsJIP.sqf"; 

_handle = Can be anything. Multiple instances can use the exact same handle without issue. 
   P1: STRING - UNIQUE(!!!) name for the onEachFrame event. Name must be unique or instances will be overwritten. 
   P2: STRING - Text you want to appear under each icon. 
   P3: ARRAY - Array of OBJECTS you want to make icons for. 
   P4: STRING (OPTIONAL) - Name of icon you want to use. (include filetype) 

EXAMPLE: 
   null = ["eachFrame", "Kill", enemyUnits] execVM "DE_simpleIconsJIP.sqf"; 
*/ 

That should give you everything you need to know. Keep in mind that you shouldn't terminate the script, the script will automatically remove the icons when each unit dies, then the script will end itself when every unit in the array you gave it dies.

Edited by DreadedEntity

You should be able to just use the JIP one in-place of the standard one, so just DE_simpleIconsJIP.sqf

---------- Post added at 04:06 ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 ----------

Well I'm glad someone found that script useful lol. Here is the usage information from my old post

/* 
   USAGE: 

_handle = ["P1", "P2", [P3_a, P3_b, P3_c, etc.], "P4"] execVM "DE_simpleIconsJIP.sqf"; 

_handle = Can be anything. Multiple instances can use the exact same handle without issue. 
   P1: STRING - UNIQUE(!!!) name for the onEachFrame event. Name must be unique or instances will be overwritten. 
   P2: STRING - Text you want to appear under each icon. 
   P3: ARRAY - Array of OBJECTS you want to make icons for. 
   P4: STRING (OPTIONAL) - Name of icon you want to use. (include filetype) 

EXAMPLE: 
   null = ["eachFrame", "Kill", enemyUnits] execVM "DE_simpleIconsJIP.sqf"; 
*/ 

That should give you everything you need to know. Keep in mind that you shouldn't terminate the script, the script will automatically remove the icons when each unit dies, then the script will end itself when every unit in the array you gave it dies.

What do you mean by terminate the script? sorry im not really pro at scripting lol.

Here's the documentation for the terminate command. It can be quite useful, but I strongly recommend not using it with this particular script.

Ahh i see, kk thanks :)

But there's a problem when i used "DE_simpleIconsJIP.sqf" as a standard one, it didn't work :( then i tested the "DE_simpleIcons.sqf" again the default one as a standard, it works.

There's probably something wrong with "DE_simpleIconsJIP.sqf" script?

is the default one still okay to use for dedicated server? Will the other players still see the enemy icons?

Edited by Coolinator

Was there an error? What did it say?

They both will work with dedicated server, but you need to use BIS_fnc_MP to tell the clients to run the script

Ahh cool!! that they both work in dedicated server :)

THere was no error, there was just no icons showing up :( but the default one still works :)

How do i run BIS_fnc_MP? Im really sorry im not a pro scripter, and i have zero experiece using BIS_fnc_MP :(

Could you tell me how to use BIS_fnc_MP? step by step plz?

Edited by Coolinator

I'm not really sure, I don't use it. As for the icons, you're able to create your own icons and use them with both of those scripts. I actually just used paint and made 10x10 squares and then colored them how I want. If I remember right, .png didn't work so I had to save the icons as .jpg

I'm not really sure, I don't use it. As for the icons, you're able to create your own icons and use them with both of those scripts. I actually just used paint and made 10x10 squares and then colored them how I want. If I remember right, .png didn't work so I had to save the icons as .jpg

Awww:( that's okay :/ by the way I just tested it in dedicated server, it works but when I disconnect and reconnect it stopped working :(

[[[arguments], "scriptName.sqf"], "BIS_fnc_execVM", true, false] call BIS_fnc_MP;

[[[arguments], "scriptName.sqf"], "BIS_fnc_execVM", true, false] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Where do I Put this? In init.sqf? Also, what do i put for arguments? Could you give me an example?

Init.sqf:

[[["eachFrame5", "Hostile", ["O_Plane_CAS_02_F"], 30000], "DE_simpleIconsJIP.sqf"], "BIS_fnc_execVM", true, false] call BIS_fnc_MP;  

Init.sqf:

[[["eachFrame5", "Hostile", ["O_Plane_CAS_02_F"], 30000], "DE_simpleIconsJIP.sqf"], "BIS_fnc_execVM", true, false] call BIS_fnc_MP;  

Thank you so much!!!!! :)

Will this solve JIP issue for the script? because im still having problem when disconnecting and reconnecting, icons wont show up :( in the beggining icons show up but when my friend joins the game, i ask him if he sees red icons, he said no. :( but when me and my friend load the mission at the same time he can see the icons. I think it's JIP issue, do you know how to fix this? or anyone who knows or familiar with JIP's who can help? :/

I finally figured it out, wow it took me 6 hours of testing and trial/errors.. I used iniplayerlocal.sqf, it did the job for my JIP issue. I can finally can go to sleeep!!!!! lol T_T