Hatchet_AS

ASDG - Mk. V SOC (WIP)

asdg_mkvsoc_wip2.jpg

Hey guys,

She'll be leaving the shipyard before long (in time for Christmas for sure)! So I figured now would be a good time to start a thread to show some of you other guys what's been going on. I'll let you know on the forefront that the modeling for the 'currently scheduled' release is pretty much done. Which is to say, although you might not see it, it's probably been crafted already. And if you don't see it at alpha/beta test releases, it probably isn't going to happen, or at least not make it into this version of the vessel. That being said, there is everything from shock mitigating seats to a wakeboard for R&R on those long patrols. All in all, a very complete vehicle.

Currently the only thing holding stuff back is me getting the modular weapons for the back deck completed. Those weapons will be available to the community, for use on other vehicles as well. There are also a couple of technical issues, which are 'in progress' as it were. Additionally while I did spend a few hours throwing some paint on it, I don't really consider it textured as the UV's are still all 1:1 and whatnot. Once I have the final parts in, and can see the complete sets ... I'll actually texture it properly and scale up some of the finer detail stuff up. More bling and whatnot with some proper materials also. ;)

The model is fairly detailed, and has performed beautifully for us, thus far. Although sea trials will be about getting additional feedback from you guys! Hopefully we can get the first run underway within the next couple of weeks. But until then, and before I get back here to detail some of technical and functional things, here are some images and a video from the WIP.

WIP Imagery (sorry, its currently in pieces again. most of these are weeks old.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPgviZN709s

Less than complete list of current features:

- Fairly detailed model. (I really wanted the driver and crew members to feel immersed and engaged, hopefully that plays out.)

- Fully animated, with the ability to 'black out' instruments, displays, and dash lights.

- Shock Mitigating seats for cabin crew and passengers.

- Full IK for Gunners. (actually plays out well for the players also, much like the seats.)

- Awesome Physx simulation utilizing real world weighting and engine characteristics.

- Ability to anchor and board (walk on) the vessel. Including operational recovery of divers and CRRC's. (up to around 15-20kph)

- Ability to launch and recover CRRC's (up to 4), or a single SDV.

- 6 crew positions. Commander, Driver, and 4 Gunners.

- Optional variant featuring the Twin .50's mounted on a Mini-Typhoon System. (Gunner position is port seat, front row, with large PIP.)

- Cabin seating for 16* passengers. (That is in addition to Commander and Driver. *Typhoon varient has seating for 15 in cabin)

- 14 additional external cargo postions. (2 standing postions on each sideboard (non-FFV), 2 kneeling on bow (FFV), 4 back deck positions (FFV), 4 back deck support positions)

- Organized and planned Memory points for loading unloading various types of cargo.

- Fully remodeled weapons systems to include, the M2, Twin M2's, M134 and MK19. And the additional Mini-Typhoon system (remotely operated from the cabin)

- Remote Camera for the commander, and 2 additional cameras can be selected by the Driver for forward navigation or to see deck operations.

- Features as many lights as one can configure, and then some. Cabin/Deck (red/teal), Console 'Instruments/Gauges/Displays', Collision, Nav, Remote Spot Light (remotely controlled by Commander, controls are animated.), oh and Dive Beacons!

- and some more...

Current things you can help with:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21760

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21113

*sounds are being squared away*

More to follow soon. Thanks for checking things out!

Cheers,

Hatchet

Edited by Hatchet_AS
because i can
  • Like 2

I have awaited this from you a looooong time. Never got around to my own model yet, and now i dont have to! Excellent stuff

Looking great Hatchet. More naval vessels is just whar A3 needs. Keep up the good work.

That's a very nice boat there, it looks very detailed.

It will perfectly fit in A3.

Awesome model and features :) Voted on feedback tracker hope that ShipX and deck`s will be fixed realy wierd stuff

Haha, it is fairly overdue! Thanks for the kind words guys and for voting things up! I'll be putting things back together this week, so I'll for sure update things with more 'current' imagery.

Might just convert this thread into a 'master' thread for the Offshore Project in general. Have a few other things you guys might interested in.

Amazing work Hatchet! Looks fantastic. Definitely interested in that Offshore Project ;)

Me too. Still can't understand why we get such great terrains to fight on, surrounded by water, yet limited naval support to get there and operate from.

Wow, this really shows the true capabilities of Naval assets. If anything, this is a prime example for where BIS is truly lacking. Fantastic detail, fantastic choice for the boat, and the use of Roadway LOD is about perfect. It's a great ship.

You should wait until you are able to drive it by yourselves.

You'll love it. I had the honor to drive it, and the quality of that boat is top-notch.

Minor correction, there are currently '18' cabin seats. So it is, 16 seats for passengers, plus the Commander and Driver. Little easier to see in this image. I did have all 20 seats in at one point, but maneuvering the walk space was a little tight. So I opted for the current configuration with the 2 rear facing seats.

asdg_mkvsoc_wip3.jpg

Sidenote: I did add the handle to the seat backs. Was a little plain sitting right behind another seat. Another part of the cabin area that rarely makes the imagery, but is there for passenger visuals, is the electronics and cabling above the front row.

asdg_mkvsoc_wip4.jpg

Edited by Hatchet_AS

the wait looks like it will pay off, you've done an incredible job regarding functionality, and details. Just made my year

Hatchet! Had no idea you made the WIP thread for her. Congrats! You know where ya can find me (I sent you a PM weeks ago in response to your question, still havent recieved a response). Happy Turkey day and hope the family is doing well!

Edit: also, here's an album I've been keeping under wraps for a few months - http://imgur.com/a/Rfcq9#0

Edited by SpectreRSG

@Spectre, You're correct, I have not sent a response, I flat missed it. My apologies, things are moving around a bit with that, so hold tight. All is well on the home front, hope things are the same for you as well. Oh and enjoy the festive day!

I've been sorting some tex/mat questions, and testing a couple new things this week. Most of the technical work is done. Should be putting everything less the weapons, back on today. Maybe get some images of the new weapons up though. I did show the ACOG in the attachments thread, but that's kind of minor. Relatively speaking. As soon as I get the weapons back on though, I'll get an alpha release out. I'm curious to get some more feedback on performance with all the current features. Seems fine, but meh.. I'd like to do a hard test of sorts and see what those of you willing to test, have to say about things.

Hopefully within the next couple/few days.

Edited by Hatchet_AS
grammatical

Very interesting project !!! I look forward for it ;)

Niiiice! Looking forward to getting my hands on this!