WeaponSights Zoom for IFA3
This is a tiny addon for IFA3, what it does is automatically zoom your iron sights, so instead of you having to press
the button to zoom in so you can line up the sites on an enemy soldier, this will do it automatically.
Why this feature?
Because I always hated having to press an extra button to zoom into my sights, I also dont care for the sights of the guns
to be small as hell, and the problem with that is considering Arma3's sway, it makes it even harder to hit anything
when your trying to line up your sights, and then have to press a button to zoom in on top of it, so this addon
eliminates the need to press the key for zoom, so now you can focus on the target.

This works for all German, Russian, DLC (American) infantry weapons.
The weapons this works for include the following:

• Rifles
  • Semi-Rifles
  • Sub-machine guns
  • Machine guns
  • Pistols
  • AT launchers - Panzerschreck, Panzerfaust & Bazooka

Download

Steam Workshop

Requirements

IFA3_AIO_Lite

Installation
Move the @WeaponSites_Zoom
to your Arma3 directory and add the mod at the end of startup parameter like this:
@IFA3Lite;@IFA3_WeaponSite_Zoom

Changelog

Spoiler

10-22-2017

- addon signed

- renamed the config

Credits
Kju - (For his tip on required addons)
Rydygier - (For his insights on classnames and config references)
Lao Fei Mao - (For his config template)

==========

IF Weapons Zoom for IFA3

This is a small addon for IFA3, what it does is automatically zoom your iron sites, so instead of you having to press

the button to zoom in so you can line up the sites on an enemy soldier, this will do it automatically.

Why this feature?

Because I always hated having to press an extra button to zoom into my sites, I also dont care for the sites of the guns

to be small as hell, and the problem with that is considering Arma3's drunken sway, it makes it even harder to hit anything

when your trying to line up your sites that are small, and then have to press a button to zoom in on top of it, so this addon

eliminates the zoom aspect of it, so now you can focus on the target.

I spent about 3 days, and 6 hours on this testing, researching, comparing configs, and racking my brains trying to get this to work.

This addon effects every infantry weapon for the Germans, Russians, and Americans (DLC), have not tested with the

Polish partisans, but it should work.

Download

IFA3_Weapons_Zoom

Requirements

CBA_A3 and IFA3

Known issues

none

Credits

Rydygier

Lao Fei Mao

Kju

Wow this went unappreciated it seems, I always hated having to hold down tab to zoom my sights in whilst right clicking to aim down sights, this seems like it'll take a load off my fingers, and I greatly appreciate this, will be installing shortly. Do you happen to have made this compatible outside of IFA3?

• Like 1

Hi thanks, yes I do, will be releasing it publicly soon, but i'll send you a pm with a download, just requires CBA_A3 like this one.

IF Fan forums release thread for IFA3 Zoom:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/weaponsite-zoom-for-ifa3-release-7178372?pid=1287134019

Also updated the first post.

Edited by Günter Severloh

Job well done Günter, your mods are much appreciated. :thumb:

Update

This is now on steam workshop, and has been added to my IFA3 Lite mods collections for the MR.

Steam workshop page for the addon: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1164698390

IFA3 lite mods collections http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934510504

• Like 2

Update

Heres a video i recorded for the addon to give those who are more visual oriented

a better idea of how this works:

• Like 2

Hello sir. Thank you for all that you do. Would you please update this mod to include a server key.