Sign in to follow this  
dekster

Arma 2 DLC in steam

I have switched my Hardcopy keys of arma 2 (Arma 2, Arma OA, BAF, PMC) to steam, but somehow now in OA I only have the lite versions of BAF and PMC.

How can solve this?

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

When I go in steam to "downloadable content for Arma OA" I can see these games are allready in my libary...

yep you need to add the keys for each to steam and install them as administrator

Good day!

I have a big problem with Arma 2 DLCs Steam.

I bought arma CO + BAF, PMC and ACR DLCs on STEAM.

And i have license Arma 2, OA and reinforcements on disks.

Many time i played on steam. Then i creatred another one steam accaunt for my disks versions of ARMA2, OA, RFT for my laptop.

I forgot exit from my steam accaunt and activate Arma 2, OA and RFT keys on already installed Arma steam.

And now i have 2 Arma2. Moreover After instal Arma 2 OA i try instal BAF and PMC but i have massage from BAF: "SETUP_STR_WRONG_PARENT_SN_PROJECT_ID...not localized". Arma 2 PMC massage "Serial number found in registry is not correct ARMA 2: OA number. Please reinstall ARMA 2 OA and re-run ACR setup again". I cant instal BAF and PMC. I reinstal OA, but nothing. Pls i need help. I have 2 different lecensed ARMA2. And now i have no one.

Sorry for my bad English

Good day!

I have a big problem with Arma 2 DLCs Steam.

I bought arma CO + BAF, PMC and ACR DLCs on STEAM.

And i have license Arma 2, OA and reinforcements on disks.

Many time i played on steam. Then i creatred another one steam accaunt for my disks versions of ARMA2, OA, RFT for my laptop.

I forgot exit from my steam accaunt and activate Arma 2, OA and RFT keys on already installed Arma steam.

And now i have 2 Arma2. Moreover After instal Arma 2 OA i try instal BAF and PMC but i have massage from BAF: "SETUP_STR_WRONG_PARENT_SN_PROJECT_ID...not localized". Arma 2 PMC massage "Serial number found in registry is not correct ARMA 2: OA number. Please reinstall ARMA 2 OA and re-run ACR setup again". I cant instal BAF and PMC. I reinstal OA, but nothing. Pls i need help. I have 2 different lecensed ARMA2. And now i have no one.

Sorry for my bad English

If I understand you correctly:

You already had Arma 2 and OA (CO) on a Steam account including the DLCs. You then activated your disk based versions on that same Steam account, instead of the new account you made you wanted to activate them on? You'll probably need to contact Steam or Bohemia directly to fix that. It sounds like activating the disk based versions has overwritten the keys that belonged to your Steam versions which would render your DLCs unusable as they're probably tied to the old keys.

Yes you understan correctly

Alright, in that case I hope Steam and / or Bohemia can get you sorted out :)

Good luck!

There is nobody to help.

The short answer is:

If you have everything on DVD it will all work just fine.

If you have everything on Steam it will work just fine.

If you try to mix and match DVD and Steam - you will have problems.

and there is nobody to help.

(hey Joe, you don't know what you are talking about).

You've probably already tried validating your Steam cache, if not, give that a shot. Also, going on the thread I posted below, running Steam as Administrator seems to fix it for the OP there

http://steamcommunity.com/app/33930/discussions/0/558756255695976406/?insideModal=1

Just tried this (run steam als admin), doesn't fix the problem. :confused:

Also tried to reinstall, didn't do anything.

But I have discovered that Steam only gives me the 32bit folder option for reinforcements, while the Arma2 files are in a 64bit folder?

Edit again: now removing all arma 2 files and reinstalling them in 32bit folder, hope this will work.

Edited by Dekster

None of this has worked, both games are now run under 32bit, but still the lite versions.

Problem solved, had to launch the DLC's apart and then they appeared in OA in full version.

(the hardcopy never had that problem)

thread locked?

And how do you that exactly?

You can install the DLC's as a "separate" game, launch those for a first time and it's settled.

:)