Sign in to follow this  
d3nn16

Is fatigue system realistic? Fact based discussion

Is fatigue system realistic enough for you?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is fatigue system realistic enough for you?

I'm an OFP veteran like many others and i love the series, but the current fatigue system is about to stop me playing for the first time at all. I agree that fatigue is one aspect of realism like other parts of the game but it just doesn't work out. Every Sim can only be as realistic as it's still fun playing. Free time for playing PC games is very limited, so there's no point in wasting your time in endless walking because of a fatigue system. If BI is now going hardcore with the fatigue system, they please take out other totally unrealistic things like the ability to drive any tanks, flying any helicopter or airplane, handling explosives, never needing to maintain weapons etc etc. - all the things you never got a realistic training for. I'm thinking about creating a SP mission but won't do it if i can't find how to disable it.

22 year British Army Veteran. In my gazelle like youth I could run and Tab (forced march with bergan) with the best of them. Passed P-company and went on to become a Paratrooper. I have also had all the Flashpoint/Arma series and am a tremendous fan, even helped with integration of VBS to the Army before I left, hopefully giving me a bit of credibility.

Is the fatigue system accurate ? Is that a fair question ? I think of it positively though, it provides a measure of reality in that your troops are not Robots and constrains them from super human abilities (mostly). I guess it depends on how you percieve ARMA, Game, sim, RTS, and your opinion will be based on that. Definetly a step in the right direction in my opinion. Caught me out when I first fired it up and was messing in Editor, advancing a section to contact and my dude is blowing like he smokes 40 a day, which if you have ever tanked around in full rig is pretty much how you feel. I think they should up the stakes a little and have troops with different body mass index (Im being polite) so there always a PT and Salad dodger at the back you can tear into for being a waste of rations and oxygen. If it needs tweaking they could factor in hydration, fatigue, morale etc. The Medical systems needs to be overhauled if they are going that way too. All in All, fatigue is another factor in the fight and is well done.

Hydration is a good one since you work hard and have to drink water although I'd expect it in an ACE version would be funny to see though guys getting thirsty lol. Imagine if DAYZ were to have that, some dude hogs all the water in a pond, water is now the new currency.

Nicely constructed poll.

I think it's a little to easy at the moment but can live with that. Right now it helps keep you thinking tactical and not just load up with all the things and run everywhere.

One thing that needs to change is mission makers incorporating transport and logistics better as they are critical parts of any conflict.

Still this is game.. Fatigue should not be too realistic. When this game lacks on so many other fronts.. C.S.I zoom, no wind ballistics... ect

They logic applies to any other game but not arma.

Arma is special and it prides itself by attempting to be a simulator.

Fingers crossed it gets more realistic as it goes forth.

Looking at the sniping mechanics in particular