Sign in to follow this  
kothen

Resolution doesn't go full screen

Im not sure what the problem is, but everytime I set the resolution lower than my native, it goes into a smaller box, leaving a black lines on all four sides of my screen, I dont know what the problem is, How can I make it so it still is stretched across the full screen? This problem is very annoying.

AMD GPU? Open Catalyst Control and set HDMI scaling (or Overscan/Underscan) to 0. Probably the same or similar for NVIDEA.

Where would I find HDMI scaling? I've searched for it and cant seem to find it. :p

Most graphics cards have some "scaling" options. Basically you can set whether to scale up to fit the screen, whether to keep the aspect ratio when scaling, or, like your case, to keep it native and not scale up

It seems to change with every iteration of Catalyst Control Center - try the My Digital Flat Panels menu. There should be a submenu called Scaling Options or similar. If not, look in the Properties submenu for scaling settings. There may also be a menu called HDTV Support that has the necessary settings.

I can't seem to find it in this version, Im not sure if I have the latest version but I found this option. Is this it? I tried messing with it but my Arma 3 is still the same way. Funny thing is, no other games have this problem.

http://puu.sh/cyT0D/0ce3c5c2b5.jpg (109 kB)

OK. Disable GPU scaling and it should be fine. That said, it is best practice to keep Arma at your display's native resolution.

The issue you were describing is typical of HDMI scaling, but clearly you are not using HDMI. Bad assumption on my part.

I tried doing that and it didn't work, I tried other resolutions and some of them filled up the screen and others didn't. Really weird though. The reason I don't keep it at native is because I thought with any game that makes it run very poorly.

It sounds as though there is another setting in CCC that is causing it to scale incorrectly. Also, make sure your resolution is set to native in Windows itself (right-click desktop > screen resolution).

My native resolution is 1650x1050. What is CCC exactly? also thank you for all the help so far, I appreciate it.