Sign in to follow this  
tryteyker

Advanced Hints - Progressively adding to Field Manual?

Hey,

what I'm trying to do is add Advanced Hints one after another into the Field Manual. As it's set up right now, the game doesn't seem to add hints outside of the first category into the field manual. To illustrate, it looks like this:

class CfgHints
{
   class Category1 
   {
       displayName = "Generic1"; // Irrelevant as hints get saved under <Mission>
       class GenHint1 // Will display under "<Mission>" Category in Field Manual
       {
           displayName = "Generic!";
           description = "Lasers.";
       };
   };
   class Category2
       displayName = "Generic2";
       class GenHint2 // Will not be displayed in Field Manual t
       {
           displayName = "Genetics?";
           description = "Stop blaming genetics.";
       };
};

Category 1 already gets added from the start (I call BIS_fnc_advHint on mission init), and all other hints get added into the Field Manual as long as they're present in Category 1 (regardless if they've been called yet or not). How do I add hints from a 2nd or 3rd category specifically when calling advHint (and not beforehand)?

I wondered the same, went to check advHint functions and I don't think you can use them without setting them from config. Someone like DarkDruid could tell us.

A possible workaround would be to use the arguments as the text itself, so at least the content would be invisible throughout the mission:

class MyHint
{
arguments[] = {"TAG_MyHintText_01"};
description = "My description";
displayName = "My displayName";
tip = "%11";
scope = 2;
};

Maybe you can apply that to the title as well, I don't know. If you really need to keep the hints a secret... :p

Keeping the hints a secret is secondary, getting them to appear by using multiple categories is the first priority. Still havent found a fix though.