Sign in to follow this  
Stefos71

Reinforcements DVD not compatible with Windows 8.1........Buy Steam version only!

Hi everyone,

I bought the Reinforcements DVD some years ago...Windows Vista I believe, I don't exactly remember.

I have a new computer and I installed Arma 2, Arma 2 OA from disk with no issues and Army of the Czech Republic, which I bought from the BI store, with no issues.

Everything installed on Steam fine.

When I tried to install the "Reinforcements" DVD I only got the "Lite" versions showing on my P.C.!

No full version when launched from Steam.

After I snooped around here for a bit, I found a BI developer actually saying that a new installer was available (which was only available via the BI Store Steam downloads) that made the PMC & BAF compatible with Windows 8.1

I asked BI Tech support to tell customers with Windows 8.1 to not buy the Reinforcements DVD disk, so far I see no communication along those lines.

I rebought the 2 DLC's from the BI Store which are Steam downloads and now both show regular full copies.

So, Do NOT buy the disc version of "Reinforcements" but stick with the Steam version.

After sending many emails to BI's tech support, I got no credit from BI for rebuying the 2 DLC's, even after giving them my serial ID key for the Reinforcements DVD showing them that I legitimately bought it.

They didn't care.

You've been warned!

Stefos71

Edited by Stefos71

and may I ask you what's exactly the problem ?

since Arma 2: OA 1.63 the only supported platform is STEAM

and it seems you missed the possibility to use that RFT for activation on STEAM

unfortunately we cannot offer you refund for a title you bought years ago, especially since Windows 8 is not officially supported platform.

If you purchased the DLCs from the store.bistudio.com we might be able to looking it to at least sorting out that part.

Edited by Johny

Did you try redeeming those codes through steam as well? I have done that with all content that I previously bought from BIS store.

and may I ask you what's exactly the problem ?

since Arma 2: OA 1.63 the only supported platform is STEAM

and it seems you missed the possibility to use that RFT for activation on STEAM

unfortunately we cannot offer you refund for a title you bought years ago, especially since Windows 8 is not officially supported platform.

If you purchased the DLCs from the store.bistudio.com we might be able to looking it to at least sorting out that part.

Sir, I don't appreciate your pomposity.

Your company still has the Reinforcements DVD disc available for sale through various retailers and BI has NOT stated that it does NOT work on Windows 8/8.1 via DVD disc install (and it does NOT work

that way, the PMC & BAF DLC's only work via the Steam uploads from the BI Store).

THAT is exactly my problem and I am justified.

I had to spend my money twice to get the same game, same content, just with a different installer....That's a joke.

Stefnuts

P.S. I butter your bread friend not you mine..........I'm also a U.S. Army Veteran, Are you?

Get off your high horse and come back down to earth.

Edited by Stefos71

I have Arma2, Operation Arrowhead and Reinforcements.

I have them all on DVD.

I have Windows 8.1 and it all works just fine.

I do not have Steam installed.

I suspect that your problem is Steam - and not the DVD's.

Footnote: I have Arma3 on DVD. It must be activated with Steam. I am reluctant to install Arma 3 or Steam as I have a feeling Steam will wreck my installation of A2, OA and RFL

Many people have this problem and there seems no solution.

I have Arma2, Operation Arrowhead and Reinforcements.

I have them all on DVD.

I have Windows 8.1 and it all works just fine.

I do not have Steam installed.

I suspect that your problem is Steam - and not the DVD's.

Footnote: I have Arma3 on DVD. It must be activated with Steam. I am reluctant to install Arma 3 or Steam as I have a feeling Steam will wreck my installation of A2, OA and RFL

Many people have this problem and there seems no solution.

Hey Joe98,

I have Arma 2, OA and Reinforcements on disc.......I bought ACR from the BI store as it's not available via disc.

Arma 2, OA and ACR installed just fine on steam!

Reinforcements did not (again this was on disc......)

Below is a quote from Dwarden regarding the installer which was revamped to make the Reinforcements DLC work on Windows 8.1

The problem I have is that NO WHERE does BI state that Reinforcements does NOT work with Windows 8.1! AND the 2 DLC Reinforcements disc is still being physically sold!

I had to buy the 2 DLC's over again.....It's called "not being truthful to your customers." That's what I'm saying.

I also installed the Arma 3 disc's serial key on Steam and it works just fine.

Below is Dwarden's direct quote:

Mar 2002

Czech Republic

Author of the Thread

Follow Dwarden On Twitter Add Dwarden on Facebook Add Dwarden on Google+ Add Dwarden on Bebo Add Dwarden on MySpace Add Dwarden on Linkedin Follow Dwarden on Tumblr Follow Dwarden on Flickr Visit Dwarden's Youtube Channel Visit Dwarden's Vimeo Channel Visit Dwarden's Xfire profile Visit Dwarden's STEAM profile Visit Dwarden's Raptr profile Visit Dwarden's XBOX Live profile Visit Dwarden's PlayStation Network profile Visit Dwarden's Origin profile Visit Dwarden's OnLive profile Visit Dwarden's GamerDNA Networkprofile Visit Dwarden's Playfire profile Visit Dwarden's SoundCloud profile Visit Dwarden's Grooveshark profile Visit Dwarden's Last.Fm profile Visit Dwarden's Pinterest profile Visit Dwarden's Reddit profile Visit Dwarden's Twitch.tv profile Visit Dwarden's Ustream.tv profile Visit Dwarden's LiveStream profile

Send a message via ICQ to Dwarden Send a message via AIM to Dwarden Send a message via MSN to Dwarden Send a message via Yahoo to Dwarden Send a message via Skypeâ„¢ to Dwarden

ok, i just checked , the reason why your sprocket BAF fails is the installer ...

my suggestion is to login to our BI store and re-download BAF with new installer which works under Windows 8.1

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

So you are telling me that when you go to steam on the very top left where it says "Games". When you click on it and go to "Activate a Product on Steam...", It wont let you activate the old serial?

I dont think Dwarden is being unreasonable here. Why did you buy a second copy of the game before getting assistance on the first? Other than that, calm down. Being a vet has nothing to do with this situation, especially with a company that isn't based in USA. In most stores in USA you are lucky to even get a 30 day return policy on game disks, especially an opened PC game.

EDIT: Some of this is probably irrelevant since I was writing this post the same time you wrote yours

Hi Benargee,

Yes, I did.

Arma 2, OA and ACR installed fine.

The Reinforcements DVD's serial key took however I only got the "Lite" versions and not the full versions.

I had to rebuy the 2 DLC's: PMC & BAF and now Steam shows them at full version as opposed to "Lite."

I've sent BI's Tech Support all the key's which are problematic over 6 times+

Stefos71

any and all old installers are phased out ... what was there in past (in years old thread) is not more relevant ...

STEAM has replaced those as download and install method

p.s. stefon71 and afaik support sent you emails too ...

any and all old installers are phased out ... what was there in past (in years old thread) is not more relevant ...

STEAM has replaced those as download and install method

p.s. stefon71 and afaik support sent you emails too ...

There is no reason why Bohemia Interactive cannot and still has not updated the website to reflect the fact that the Reinforcements DVD, which is still available for retail purchase, is NOT Windows 8/8.1 compatible!

Therefore, there is no reason why I should have to buy the same DLC 2x's.

It's called "lying to your customers" pure and simple and you're ripping people off.

Address that and then we can talk.

Stefos71

I still don't understand. It's written on the DVD that it's compatible with former versions of Windows which are Windows XP / Vista / 7 (like here), so there is no lies whatsoever.

There is no reason why Bohemia Interactive cannot and still has not updated the website to reflect the fact that the Reinforcements DVD, which is still available for retail purchase, is NOT Windows 8/8.1 compatible!

Therefore, there is no reason why I should have to buy the same DLC 2x's.

It's called "lying to your customers" pure and simple and you're ripping people off.

Address that and then we can talk.

Stefos71

you don't need buy anything, your RFT (DLC) keys can be registered with STEAM ...

also just like ProfTournesol wrote it's clearly written with what OS these DVDs are compatible with

considering the product is already phased (we don't sell them) and was developed before Windows 8 I find your whole argument flawed

I still don't understand. It's written on the DVD that it's compatible with former versions of Windows which are Windows XP / Vista / 7 (like here), so there is no lies whatsoever.

The issue is Windows 8/8.1 compatibility NOT Windows 7 or Vista!

Look, it goes like this:

I bought the Reinforcements DVD legitimately from a store...Best Buy or Game Stop...I can't remember.

Back then, I put in the serial key and the game installed. It was NOT installed on Steam nor did need to.

Now, that I have a Windows 8.1 machine, I reinstalled my game on to Steam thinking it would load up like normal and I'd get the full versions of PMC & BAF.

I did not.....I only got the "Lite" versions showing.

There is nothing on BI's webfront that says these DLC's are not Win 8/8.1 non-compatible..........So I didn't need to buy another version of the 2 DLC's...Get It???

When I researched the matter, Dwarden said you have to rebuy the DLC's from our store which includes a new installer.

BI is to blame for not advertising properly....Windows 8/8.1 has been out for some time and there is no mention of the Reinforcement DVD, which is still sold at retailers, not being Windows 8/8.1 compatible.

Therefore, when I rebought the 2 DLC's from the BI storefront.....I should have got them for free, not get charged for them again because it's the same DLC's only with a new installer which is not code extensive.

A "Rip Off" in other words.

Understand Buddy?

Stefnuts71

the fact that the Reinforcements DVD, which is still available for retail purchase, is NOT Windows 8/8.1 compatible!

I have WIN 8.1 and it installs just fine.

I do not have Steam.

Reinforcements is perfectly compatible with WIN 8.1

I have WIN 8.1 and it installs just fine.

I do not have Steam.

Reinforcements is perfectly compatible with WIN 8.1

Say Joe,

I just said that when I had my Windows Vista PC which I upgraded to Windows 7, Reinforcements DVD installed fine.

I didn't load it to Steam because it didn't require Steam.

Now that I have my new Windows 8.1 PC I put in the serial key of Reinforcements DVD in and it installed on Steam, and only the "Lite" versions of each DLC showed on my Steam account under installed games, NOT THE FULL VERSIONS!

The Reinforcements DVD requires you now to install via Steam....No other workaround.

Please read what I post.

Stefos71

The Reinforcements DVD requires you now to install via Steam....No other workaround.

No, that only applies to you.

I have WIN 8.1 and Reinforcements on DVD.

You have the problem and I do not. And I feel that I know the reason.

Say Joe,

I just said that when I had my Windows Vista PC which I upgraded to Windows 7, Reinforcements DVD installed fine.

I didn't load it to Steam because it didn't require Steam.

Now that I have my new Windows 8.1 PC I put in the serial key of Reinforcements DVD in and it installed on Steam, and only the "Lite" versions of each DLC showed on my Steam account under installed games, NOT THE FULL VERSIONS!

Please read what I post.

Stefos71

Are you saying you tried to install the reinforcements DVD via the DVD drive? Are you saying the rest was installed via Steam? I think that is the problem here. You have to either install everything Non-Steam or everything Steam, otherwise there are no guarantee's. I'm pretty sure the two don't work together like that

No, that only applies to you.

I have WIN 8.1 and Reinforcements on DVD.

You have the problem and I do not. And I feel that I know the reason.

As I have stated, you installed 100% non-steam and have no reason to have issues like he has. I originally owned all arma2 DLC the old way. I then activated the codes in steam. No problems since.

--------

I see no reason for BIS to refund you money on the old disc if these are the circumstances. Seek help before you buy a product twice.

Are you saying you tried to install the reinforcements DVD via the DVD drive? Are you saying the rest was installed via Steam? I think that is the problem here. You have to either install everything Non-Steam or everything Steam, otherwise there are no guarantee's. I'm pretty sure the two don't work together like that

As I have stated, you installed 100% non-steam and have no reason to have issues like he has. I originally owned all arma2 DLC the old way. I then activated the codes in steam. No problems since.

--------

I see no reason for BIS to refund you money on the old disc if these are the circumstances. Seek help before you buy a product twice.

Look, when I first bought Arma 2 & OA they didn't require Steam. Neither did Reinforcements nor ACR.

When I bought my new computer which is a Windows 8.1 PC, I uninstalled the Arma games & content from the old computer.

I went to reinstall Arma 2 & OA and the Reinforcements DLC content, Steam demanded the keys.

Arma 2 & OA & ACR installed fine........PMC & BAR did not...I only got the "Lite" versions not the full versions I paid for with the Reinforcements DVD.

Bohemia Interactive has NOT stated that the Reinforcements disc won't give a full game on PC's with Steam openly ANYWHERE......Prove me wrong.

Bohemia Interactive also has the onus to state publicly that the Reinforcements DVD doesn't work on Windows 8/8.1 PC's ONLY the Steam versions with the new installers do

Therefore I wasted my money on the same content and demand a refund.......Period.

As for "seeking help before I buy a product twice" I've been in constant communication with BI Tech support all along.

By the way, you sound like a Bohemia Interactive Canadian fanboy....I suggest you think about what you read instead of your knee jerk reaction post.

Stefos71

Edited by Stefos71

enough,

1. you can register all and any your retail keys on STEAM and use STEAM to download/install the content

2. the Windows 8/8.1 aren't listed as supported system on the box, dvd or else so we not obliged to provide it

if you disagree, feel free to continue the discussion with our support