Are the Jackals supposed to provide any sort of protection from IEDs for crew? I'm using ALiVE IEDs and the vehicle seems to be fine apart from losing a tire or two but I keep dying. Granted I have only tested this with 4 AI + myself. I had to do "allowdamage false" on my player since he kept dying no matter where I was sitting and where the IED was. My AI guys all looked fine but I ordered dismount and using AGM they all had massive torso injuries but none were unconscious.

Really, I'm asking for feedback from 3CB guys in their own experience. Are the Jackals providing any sort of protection to players in your runs? Like left side IED and the commander and left seat and maybe gunner get some boo boos while the driver and right side guy are good to go?

I'm not at the point where I can test with my group yet, just trying to hammer out bugs and build a briefing.

Have you tried it with any other mod or just the ALIVE IEDs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you please elaborate a little more? What exactly is the issue? How is it broken? Thanks. :)

I can't sling load Jackals with Kyo HC3 or MH47. Can't slingload Jackal with Huron or your "Merlin".

Konyo issue is clearly his, but can't get the Merlin to work with your Jackal.

Edited by I WUB PUGS

Konyo issue is clearly his, but can't get the Merlin to work with your Jackal.

A Merlin wouldn't be able to lift a Jackal in real life either. Merlin's cargo hook is only rated to about 4000kg, where Jackal weighs in the region of 7000-7700kg depending on the particular version (Jackal 2A being the heaviest)

What he said :)

Should work with Delta's Chinook...

Since the helicopter DLC patch i cant place down any of the Helicopters any idea why?

You can't place them in the editor or with Zeus?

Well I can place them in the editor but they don't appear in game and same with zeus

I don't know why that would be as these helicopters are BIS vanilla helicopters, simply with a new texture. I have just loaded up Arma 3 with no mods running other than 3CB vehicles and the helicopters work fine. In the editor I placed a Merlin with player as pilot, and one of each of the wildcats. All of them spawned fine. Is it possible that another mod you are running is conflicting? We use these helicopters on our public / private server without issue.

A Merlin wouldn't be able to lift a Jackal in real life either. Merlin's cargo hook is only rated to about 4000kg, where Jackal weighs in the region of 7000-7700kg depending on the particular version (Jackal 2A being the heaviest)

Oh lol, I figured, I was reporting it as a bug because I forgot the name of the default Merlin in vanilla. Thought it was the "Huron" which is listed in the Jackal post...............totally not the same helo.

Hello, I know your all working hard, just thought I'd make a suggestion for possible future inclusion (might already have thought about it). Is it feasible to make a trailer for the atv's?. Would be great for bringing forward supplies and if u put a stretcher on for evacuating casualties out.

Without doubt the Jackals are both my personal and our unit's favourite vehicles to use within ARMA 3.

Thank you so much for all your hard work and looking very much forward to the next update.

Thanks for your kind words CommandoUKSF.

You're in for a treat when the next update is released then, as the Jackals have had a big make-over...

You're in for a treat when the next update is released then, as the Jackals have had a big make-over...

Epic tease. Huge anticipation now!

The only current option open to us at the moment is to port it from Arma 2, which we may do at some point further down the line or reskin the current arma 3 AAF APC. It is on our to do list, but it is well down there due to other vehicles we consider more important (Jackal, Coyote, Apache, Merlin, Chinooks, Land Rovers etc...). In the meantime, hopefully someone like Burnes may release a higher quality model to go with his Challenger.

Does your Apache mod allow 2 personnel to be carried externally on the pylons?

I have seen a screenshot of this on a different Clan web page, but have no idea how it was possible in ARMA 3.

I know it happened for real a few years ago when the Royal Marines had to rescue a fallen colleague left behind in a compound and four of them returned there on two Apaches.

Currently on our dev build, yes. But that feature may or may not survive game play testing into release, so no promises.

Any chance of a land rover without roof and without the weapons mount? So an open top/back unarmed variant?