Sign in to follow this  
petracephas

Tail rotor destruction issue.

Hi All

I'm having the strangest, most annoying issue. Please help.

After a recent update of ARMA (Dev branch) all the helicopters, in my mod ARMSCor, are now having issues with the tail rotor.(Anti-Torque). On start-up and landing they get damaged.

I have removed them from the geo lod and the hit-points lod to test. No difference. All I can think is that I need something new in my model that was not needed before as part of the helo DLC update or that it has something to do with sling loading?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have managed to solve this problem without any assistance from the community.

This would be the third time I have asked for help, both here and on ARMAHolic without any responses. Am I asking my questions in the incorrect forums? Do I come across in a bad way or is my project/problem simply not interesting enough for other to help?

PS. I asked the same questions on the Skype groups and I could also hear the crickets there. :0

if nobody knows an answer nobody can give it to you. AFM is pretty new...

I asked the same questions on the Skype groups

model makers channel is the channel you would have the most success with such issues. But its no guarantee.

What Fennek said. Maybe no one else has first hand experience with this issue? I think I was the one who told you about the model group on skype. I didnt know enough about modelling to help you, but I at least tried to direct you to where you could find better help.

As for this problem that you fixed, could you please share the solution? I'm sure everyone is going to be encountering this a lot more ounce heli DLC hits stable. Dont give up on the community just yet. I have plenty of threads that have gone unanswered. Every time I know people are not ignoring me, they just dont know.

P.S. only ask relevant questions on a skype group. don't ask every group the same question. I usually ignore people who are off topic, especially when it's not even related to Arma. Also I don't think you come across in a bad way, I personally have little interest in African military, but that's just me. Not everybody wants to drive an abrams yelling "MURIKA". Variety is good and I think you have a very high quality mod-set.

Thanks for the replies.

WOW. I never thought my work was at a level yet where I would encounter problems that none of the other community members have yet. Thanks, it's good to know that I'm not being ignored. :)

As for the answer... I'm working on a tutorial that includes the answer. I'll post a link here when done. Hopefully by the end of the weekend.

For me I had to add "rotor_center" and "rotor_02_center" to the memory lod. "rotor_02_center" being the tail rotor.

sadly that didn't help for me, I also get the problem if I start flying 8 meters up, hoover and press "hook".

Been copying the config from the sample helicopter and can't spot any differences in the model :(

Edited by granQ

sadly that didn't help for me, I also get the problem if I start flying 8 meters up, hoover and press "hook".

Been copying the config from the sample helicopter and can't spot any differences in the model :(

Are you sure the sample helicopter even works with the new update? Are you testing with rotorlib enabled?

The other thing I had to do was to make my helicopter inherit from "Heli_Light_02_base_F" instead of "Helicopter_Base_H". That way I inherit everything that BI is not telling us about and I override only the properties that make my helicopter different from the "Heli_Light_02_base_F". Hope this helps. I know your frustration.

Comment out all physics/flight parameters. Use the inherited ones. Then start adding yours back one by one.

Edited by PetraCephas