Found bug,

character keep crouch all of sudden in nowhere

don't know why is happening but it's definitely happen after we add RHS in our clan

Comrades! My VDV units are in need! They want planes able to carry them, their BMD's and other stuff.

But seriously, are you going to add An-70 or An-22 someday? I can already see massive airbone operations, soldiers and IFV's on parachutes...

don't know why is happening but it's definitely happen after we add RHS in our clan

Are you using any other addon or mod? Try playing with RHS alone ( without any other mods or addons, just the vanilla game ).

Could you describe in what situation does this bug appear?

These vehicles ( Sprut and BMD family ) are used mainly by the VDV. Check the VDV faction ( tank and IFV ).

Oh, how silly of me. I found it in the tank section (where admittedly it doesn't really belong).

I also discovered an awesome glitch with the Sprut. After turning on the laser the gun barrel started elevating on its own, rotating through 90 degrees (that is, completely vertical), then farther until it started clipping through the back of the turret. Eventually the rotation exceeded 180 degrees in the Y axis and the gun pressed against the ground, flipping the vehicle. Then we started pole-vaulting around the map on the barrel, crushing sheep.

RHS is really a great mod, but there is still lots of bugs, would be better to establish a bug report hub to polish it.

Ok anyone else getting a issue with the sounds in multiplayer? my friends and i cannot hear each others weapons this includes both US and Russian weapons and it goes to the point where it was also affecting HLC,FHQ,RH Pistols, we decided to test to see what was causing it, and RHS weapons don't work for us at all, even with using just CBA,MCC,and RHSAFRF and RHSUSF. and still the same problem. even redownload the entire mod again and we cannot hear each others mod, its a group of 5 of us. Also would it matter if the server was still running all the other mods, even the client is not?

seriously is no one else having this trouble? even running RHS mods with jus CBA no sound for other players, which breaks the game, even then switched the server over to jus run CBA,RHS and MCC and still not working.

Cancel this and previous post seems something has broken all of our downloaded weapons sounds including HLC,FHQ,RH,RHS....

Edited by Garverick

Excellent work as usual!

The initials RHS is a guarantee of quality!

Congratulations and thank you for your efforts to provide us with beautiful things!

seriously is no one else having this trouble? even running RHS mods with jus CBA no sound for other players, which breaks the game, even then switched the server over to jus run CBA,RHS and MCC and still not working.

Cancel this and previous post seems something has broken all of our downloaded weapons sounds including HLC,FHQ,RH,RHS....

No your right, we also have sound problems with rhs. Not for all of them but e.g.

*Fire the RPG no one beside the shooter have the sound of launching.

*All tanks are too heavy to destroy. Hit some of the older, weaker tanks in the rear -> just damage the hull, nothing pierce them. how will you implement better armor system (relict,...) then? I fear the balance issues.

Beside that, as for me who love tanks, will we see a system like BWMod have it for the later tanks with Schtora-1 system?

i loved the arma2 mod but incompatibility of ace2 was a big drawback, hope now you go with agm. its open source, so you can also implement your stuff like you want!

*All tanks are too heavy to destroy. Hit some of the older, weaker tanks in the rear -> just damage the hull, nothing pierce them. how will you implement better armor system (relict,...) then? I fear the balance issues.

And perhaps you should think that these RPG's that are in mod right now are not capable to destroy vehicles but only to damage them?

It is truth that armor system is not perfect yet, but don't expect balance in a mod where realism is top priority, and real world is not balanced or fair.

Not to mention that you people believe for some reason that tanks are easy to be destroyed, it is contrary, I seen many photos/videos where different kind of tanks were hit multiple times from RPG's (and sometimes even ATGM's), at their different surfaces and were perfectly operational, putting complete mayhem on infantry forces attacking them.

In reality infantry needs to take great effort to defeat a single tank by usig only their own infantry anti tank weapons.

By the way, don't expect that "Relikt" ERA you mentioned will be some sort of magical system that protects Russian tanks, not to mention it is not used on mass produced vehicles but only offered by NII Stali as replacement for obsolete "Kontakt-5". ;)

but don't expect balance in a mod where realism is top priority

and I hope you never deviate from this mantra!

thanks for this great release RHS-team

a question: i found that the tanks are to fast ,particular in approach. The most of your tank selection has in real life a highly speed from 60 km/h and and I 'm come clearly about it, and the approach situation is simple to fast 50 km/h in 3 seconds on a field (i test it with m2a3 and m1 )

what do you mean ?

thanks stephsen

And perhaps you should think that these RPG's that are in mod right now are not capable to destroy vehicles but only to damage them?

It is truth that armor system is not perfect yet, but don't expect balance in a mod where realism is top priority, and real world is not balanced or fair.

Not to mention that you people believe for some reason that tanks are easy to be destroyed, it is contrary, I seen many photos/videos where different kind of tanks were hit multiple times from RPG's (and sometimes even ATGM's), at their different surfaces and were perfectly operational, putting complete mayhem on infantry forces attacking them.

Hey, hope you didnt unterstand me wrong. Im fully behind what you said, i also think that arma tanks get often destroyed too easy. I e.g. tested old's real amor mod and this is a massive improvement over this A3 vanilla stuff where very weapon can one hit everything from any angle and so on. I really love tanks and whenever a mission offer one of these, im in as a driver, gunner or commander and its horrible to get destroyed from any AT soldier on the map.

I didnt shoot with a rpg on a BMD, i used an antitank guided missile launcher ;) Rocket from a tank where i tought this must do serious damage when fired at the back of the tank. Full realism good or bad? it will be hard to play your mod with the rest of the Arma universe when you use a complete other damage and power area then the rest. When every other tank has no chance against a RHS russian tank, community will be splitet. I also would vote everytime for realism but then all mods out there need to do it OR 1 mod must archive it for all to be nearly on the same level.

Btw. the driving physics are, beside some strange over agility stuff the best physics in a3.

Okay, so here are few words about armour system. Armour system on vehicles is highly influenced by Real Armour Mod by Olds (who on side be the on the guy who first discovered that it's possible to do so in A3, praise him!), yet while Real Armor Mod changed only values, we did also new fire geometries representing real life counterparts. While it's sometimes tricky to get even estimated values for certain vehicles (i.e. American or newer Russian designs), we tried to make it as close to real life as it's possible. That means, there is no generic hitpoint system (i.e. it is not possible to destroy M1 Abrams from front with BMP2 auto cannon) but all is based on penetration values. Missiles have different penetration values (so there is CE & KE rounds simulation) depending on the surface they hit, so different ERA, NERA or other special armours are calculated in. There is still some work ahead (like including into calculation shells that are designed to defeat i.e. K5 or similar systems)

Below you can see some examples of new fire geometries + M1A1 fire geo from OA as comparison (yeah, I should use M1A2 Tusk for that one, as it's a little bit more detailed but screw that as difference should be visible anyway :P)

RHS M1A2SEP

A2 M1A2

First one, M1A2SEP with tusk kit (note that TUSK kit still needs some tweaks here and there – it will be clearly visible comparing it with T80BV)

As you can see, there is a lot of components which represents armour. Those armour blocks has size equal to RHAe LOS equivalent, so i.e. different angles are taken into account. Some of those blocks has also special material, which defines how much protection they have against CE rounds. Those are modifiers like 0.75, 0.80, 0.95 etc. (0.75 means that such piece has 25% more protection against missiles and heats rounds).

On another pic you can see how T80BV armour. Notice that ERA blocks grouped into a little bigger structures (those plates like things).

T80BV - Oxygen view

T80BV - Buldozer preview

They have special ERA modifier (reducing by 85% penetration from missiles http://www.alternatewars.com/BBOW/Weapons/Russian_Armor_Systems.htm and http://btvt.narod.ru/raznoe/dz_2014/dz_2014/img034.jpg - notice different values from 2 different source + one thing that is not currently included – tandem warhead calculation) and are defined as bones. They have their own separate hitpoints, and can be destroyed one, by one. There are currently two issues with those era blocks – they are indestructible by light autocannos (they should be immune only to small arms) and sometimes they can survive shot from heat (yet they will slow down the shell – this could be taken as advantage for configuring shells specialized in defeating ERA armours – yet experiments & time is required!)

So that Is theory, let’s see how it works on field. We will begin with T80BV which I presented how it looks inside like.

T80BV - Ingame view with diag hitpoints on

First shot from 3bk14 fired from t72 almost destroyed first ERA stacked brick thing. Bricks were initiated, heat projectile slowed down and stopped on front armor

After another shot ERA armor sustained severe damage and probably damaged a little hull.

Another shots were taken on M1A2:

Front firing at M1A2

Front&rear firing at M1A2 - notice damage after rear shot

T80A penetration capabilities - that RHA plate addon was created by Fennek and I use it frequently :) 3BM46 is reported to penetrate 800mm (by russians) or ~650mm by other sources - ingame value 750mm

RPG Tests

RPG against armor plates - notice unrealistic behaviour connected to changing simulation to bullet type. I was considering deleting shell after travelling max penetratable distance but I'm not sure how it will work ingame (miliseconds thing)

RPG against M1A2

RPG against M1A2 rear

RPG against M2A3 Busk III rear

RPG against M2A3 Busk III rear second shot

There is still a lot of work to do and remember that I'm doing in free time so there is no ETA for that. There are also few things that I already begun to make (like sensor/optical damage) that I saw another people do

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?161726-Armor-Improvement-System-(AIS)&p=2790129&viewfull=1#post2790129

So who knows, maybe one day A3 will have features of decent tank sim ;)

As for compatibility you can look at current code

Script binded to HitPart eventhandler:

_array = _this select 0;
_direct= _array select 10;

//only direct hits are accounted
if(_direct)then
{
//checking if round has CE simulation enabled
_ammo = ((_array select 6) select 4);
_enabled= getNumber (configFile >> "CfgAmmo" >> _ammo >> "rhs_ce_round");
if(_enabled == 0)exitWith{};

_p = _array select 2;
_pos = ASLToATL(_array select 3);
_vel = _array select 4;

diag_log format["%1", _array];

//checking if we need to spawn penetrator
_end=false;
_ammoType= getText (configFile >> "CfgAmmo" >> _ammo >> "rhs_ce_penetration");
if(_ammoType=="")then
{
	if(isNull _p)then{_end=true;};
}else{
	//spawning penetrator
	_p = createVehicle [_ammoType, _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

//penetrability is connected to speed so we want here full penetrability then by giving it speed equal to typicalSpeed in cfg
	_ammoMod=getNumber (configFile >> "CfgAmmo" >> _ammoType >> "typicalSpeed");
	_vel = (vectorNormalized _vel) vectorMultiply _ammoMod;
	_p setVelocity _vel;
};

//we cannot do anything with null objects so we are ending script there
if(_end)exitWith{};

_surface = _array select 9;

//debug stuff
//da=createVehicle ["Sign_Sphere10cm_F" ,_pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

// surface array
//[nameOfSurface,CEarmorModifier]
_surfaces =
[
	["rhsafrf\addons\rhs_main\penetration\ce_0.95.bisurf", 0.95],
	["rhsafrf\addons\rhs_main\penetration\ce_0.90.bisurf", 0.9],
	["rhsafrf\addons\rhs_main\penetration\ce_0.85.bisurf", 0.85],
	["rhsafrf\addons\rhs_main\penetration\ce_0.80.bisurf", 0.8],
	["rhsafrf\addons\rhs_main\penetration\ce_0.75.bisurf", 0.75],
	["rhsafrf\addons\rhs_main\penetration\ce_0.70.bisurf", 0.7],
	["rhsafrf\addons\rhs_main\penetration\ce_0.60.bisurf", 0.6],
	["rhsafrf\addons\rhs_main\penetration\ce_0.50.bisurf", 0.5],
	["rhsafrf\addons\rhs_main\penetration\ce_0.40.bisurf", 0.4],
	["rhsafrf\addons\rhs_main\penetration\ce_0.30.bisurf", 0.3],
	["rhsafrf\addons\rhs_main\penetration\ce_0.20.bisurf", 0.2],
	["rhsafrf\addons\rhs_main\penetration\ce_0.10.bisurf", 0.1]
];

// surface modifier
_mod = 1;
for "_i" from 0 to ((count _surfaces) - 1) do {
	_material = _surfaces select _i;
	if (_surface == (_material select 0)) then {
		_mod = _material select 1;
	};
};

// End script if there is no modifier found
if (_mod != 1) then
{
	//player globalchat "modyfikator";
	_vel = _vel vectorMultiply _mod;
	_p setVelocity _vel;
};

};

example code in config:

#define RHA(mm,speed) caliber=(mm/((15*speed)/1000));
class Sh_125mm_APFSDS;
class rhs_ammo_3bk12_penetrator : Sh_125mm_APFSDS
{
rhs_ce_round=1;
RHA(420,800)
indirectHit = 0;
indirectHitRange = 0;
explosive = 0;
typicalSpeed = 800;
timeToLive = 15;
whistleOnFire = 1;
whistleDist = 14;
deflecting = 0;
model = "\A3\Weapons_f\ammo\shell";
};
class rhs_ammo_3bk_base : Sh_125mm_APFSDS
{
rhs_ce_round=1;
explosive = 0.4;
caliber=0.1;
indirectHit = 20;
indirectHitRange = 1.2;
typicalSpeed = 905;
deflecting = 15;
cost = 1000;
};
class rhs_ammo_3bk14 : rhs_ammo_3bk_base 
{
hit = 210;
rhs_ce_penetration="rhs_ammo_3bk14_penetrator";
};

class rhs_ammo_3bk14_penetrator : rhs_ammo_3bk12_penetrator
{
RHA(450,800)
};

consider those above as open source :)

Edited by Reyhard

The body armor of USA Unit is pretty weak compare to the vanilla Plate carrier... is this a bug ?

No. Default plate carriers are far too damage absorbent! It takes like eight rounds to put someone down in vanilla. Ours are adjusted to our own ideas of round damage.

What Pufu already answered ( ninja! ), also have in mind that I'll keep expanding those lists.

Right now you should already be able to find at least the vehicles' and light weapons' class-names.

Are those class names final, i.e. if I start using Escalation in my missions, is there a risk of them breaking at any time in the future?

(Hope someone can answer, I really like to get back to a real-life scenario :))

Are those class names final, i.e. if I start using Escalation in my missions, is there a risk of them breaking at any time in the future?

(Hope someone can answer, I really like to get back to a real-life scenario :))

Yes, we dont intend to change classnames of any of our equipment, only add to it.

Great Mod! I'm particularly happy that it includes a couple of nice missions, along with great units!

What did you think of the missions?

Yes, we dont intend to change classnames of any of our equipment, only add to it.

Thank you very much, exactly what I wanted to hear :)

Good luck in the MANW competition, RHS: Escalation is my personal number one, and I hope the jury sees it the same :)

Bug reports:

The FCS of T72 doesn't work well, when get into empty T-72 gunner position, the UI just show 1 second, then disappear and FCS mul-function. But if I start in the gunner position, the FCS UI does work.

Bug reports:

The FCS of T72 doesn't work well, when get into empty T-72 gunner position, the UI just show 1 second, then disappear and FCS mul-function. But if I start in the gunner position, the FCS UI does work.

can't reproduce, rpt file maybe?

Bug reports:

Wait for the bug tracker to become public, it is highly likely that bugs in this thread will just get swept over by the amount of posts. A public bug tracker is something that is in the works and will be around soon.

The FCS UI as in the optics? If you switch optic modes (default - +) it should bring the optics back up.

Bug reports:

always works fine for me. What version of arma 3 you have?

always works fine for me. What version of arma 3 you have?

It's easy to reproduce the bug, put a T-72 in the editor, set player as commander , preview, then you switch to gunner position, and look into the optics, then you can only get:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/546386497344557250/224D26D72195261647B7048B8555C7D46C491614/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/546386497343906021/756715B96FFBE9867F3EE87C7928F6C95C265B8C/

Whilst it should supposed to be like this: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/546386497343921718/D59B2F19226F3184A7E4458E403612C3983BAD50/

If you set "player as gunner" initially, then preview, things went well, but if you press "+" zoom, then press "-", the same bug happens, no more FCS UI. I think it must be the FCS script only runs one time, if the first time you are not in the gunner position, then it will not run again, even if later you enter the gunner position.

Again, I have to report an other bug about T-80 series, that's when you continuously finished the first 10 rounds, reload the next set of rounds by action menu("R"key doesn't work), fired, since then you have to reload one by one by action menu, kind of strange.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

I understand this is still a rolling release but I was wondering if you guys plan on creating lower resolution lods and sections for the US forces gear as the Russian fed side currently has?

Kinda annoying currently having 65fps at point blank and 75-80fps looking at the russians when I get further away and getting 60fps on the US no matter if it's 5 meters or 500 meters.

Nice work so far guys, thoroughly enjoying it and no doubt what is still to come. :)

It's easy to reproduce the bug, put a T-72 in the editor, set player as commander , preview, then you switch to gunner position, and look into the optics, then you can only get:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/546386497344557250/224D26D72195261647B7048B8555C7D46C491614/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/546386497343906021/756715B96FFBE9867F3EE87C7928F6C95C265B8C/

Whilst it should supposed to be like this: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/546386497343921718/D59B2F19226F3184A7E4458E403612C3983BAD50/

If you set "player as gunner" initially, then preview, things went well, but if you press "+" zoom, then press "-", the same bug happens, no more FCS UI. I think it must be the FCS script only runs one time, if the first time you are not in the gunner position, then it will not run again, even if later you enter the gunner position.

Again, I have to report an other bug about T-80 series, that's when you continuously finished the first 10 rounds, reload the next set of rounds by action menu("R"key doesn't work), fired, since then you have to reload one by one by action menu, kind of strange.

Strange, I never encountered such bug.

The handbrake key (by default [X]) switch the kind of round that will be loaded next.

As for T72, could you provide .rpt file?