All right then, first version of RHS Merge (RU) is ready for testing.

Installation: to use it put the pbo together with rest of RHS' RU pbos then launch the game.

What it does exactly:

1. Creates new faction named Russia (All);

2. Sets this faction as native for all RHS OPFOR content (units and vehicles), so in editor's unit menu instead of all RHS' subfactions is visible only this one faction holding all variants of all stuff together;

3. Under same new faction name combines together duplicates of all default groups in the editor's groups menu (user has still access to RHS' default groups as well).

Link is available in the first post of Hetman: War Stories thread (Recommended addons section).

Edited by Rydygier

@Rydygier much appreciated, now I think it's much more clearer to use. However, I think that Infantry vehicle class would be better, if it was split into sub-classes to get rid of the duplicates. The same with vehicles, but here it would be enough to change only name.

However, I think that Infantry vehicle class would be better, if it was split into sub-classes to get rid of the duplicates.

Well, simple putting all the stuff into one bag took 7 hours of tedious work. Not sure, if I'm willing to make more fancy sub-versions. Maybe someday. It was done primarily to make RHS working well with scripts expecting typical addon config. Currently makeshift way to recognize variant/affiliation of the unit/vehicle is via last letters of displayed in unit menu classname. Not elegant, but works.

Edited by Rydygier

Maybe you guys already noticed, but in case you didn't: BI re-opened the submissions for the MANW contest as plenty of addons weren't submitted properly, RHS Escalation being one of them. This gives you the opportunity to re-submit an updated version of RHS Escalation with all the bugfixes etc. you've already discovered and fixed since your release. Submissions are reopened till 14th December. Beware: MANW submissions are being reviewed with ArmA version 1.32, meaning you might have to remove FFV/Slingloading/RotorLib from the version you will submit - however, I hope, you remove this features only in the version you submit to MANW and not the one you hopefully release for public :).

All relevant information about this can be found here: http://makearmanotwar.com/news/submissions-re-opening

No worries zelectec, what's being integrated is Bakerman's code with respect to RAM (ballistics and penetration stuff). PM me if you have any questions and I'll fill you in on any details you might need.

Thanks for your answer. Nice to see that all his work will get a use after all this time, but i have to ask. Are you gonna implement the aps with his code too? I got the LEDS 150 still somewhere and some other aps stuff. Would love to see them finally in ARMA 3, but they are mostly for the vanilla vehicles. So i dont know if you guys are only interested in shtora for russian forces or not even in any kind of aps active or passive.

Do you have all the source files from Bakerman? I still have them somewhere if you require them. Greetings

( If Bakerman gave you permission, which is assume, cause u were on dropbox too )

Edited by zelectec

Sure, that would be all right :) , anyone may do with my humble work anything, what RHS team allows.

Many thanks Rydygier, this will be very helpful to properly play your Hetman SP mission. And again, thanks to RHS for this high quality mod.

Maybe you guys already noticed, but in case you didn't: BI re-opened the submissions for the MANW contest as plenty of addons weren't submitted properly, RHS Escalation being one of them. This gives you the opportunity to re-submit an updated version of RHS Escalation with all the bugfixes etc. you've already discovered and fixed since your release. Submissions are reopened till 14th December. Beware: MANW submissions are being reviewed with ArmA version 1.32, meaning you might have to remove FFV/Slingloading/RotorLib from the version you will submit - however, I hope, you remove this features only in the version you submit to MANW and not the one you hopefully release for public :).

All relevant information about this can be found here: http://makearmanotwar.com/news/submissions-re-opening

Yeah cool, good one BIS.

Strangely enough our entry files were already uploaded two days before the deadline.

Explain that.

Re-sorting factions is not that hard to do - pretty elementary stuff by modding standards. So I don't think it should be overwhelming to anyone. It's like editing a few pages of XML file. In the case of merging the split factions it will be mostly copying and pasting.

I *love* ALiVE but the way it uses factions for Opcom is primitive and in need of improvement--I'm sure they will get to it at some point. I'd go so far as to say if you're serious about making ALiVE scenarios, you should probably be making custom factions for use in it anyway. Otherwise you can end up with some rather strange unit proportions being fielded by the Opcoms.

Interested to get more details and what we could do to support any work you guys are doing with configs. For info, you should be aware that ALiVE (by default) selects group types to emulate a GENFOR Combined Arms ORBAT, weighted appropriately towards armor (for CA Armored Bn); Inf (for CA Motor Rifle Bn); etc (this is no accident btw: all my military tactics training pre-desert days was GENFOR and we figured it was most appropriate for the enemy ArmA3 offered). Obviously when we built the algorithms it was based on standard CSAT group types, so any mod that matches the BIS standard (as posted on our wiki) should achieve similar results. The option to blacklist/whitelist certain groups types was added by popular demand as some people wanted to force certain enemy types rather than have a doctrinally appropriate and credibly realistic mix. If you have any ideas for how that could be improved please post a note on our DH tracker and we'll look into it.

Yeah cool, good one BIS.

Strangely enough our entry files were already uploaded two days before the deadline.

Explain that.

I don't know anything about that, but I thought you guys might wanna know about it :)

Edited by TheConen

I also made a PBO that modify a bit how RHS look like in the editor and in zeus.

It is client side only so other players don't need the addon (you can use it if you edit the mission or if you're playing as zeus).

I'm not playing with Alive or anything like that so I don't know if it can be used with.

Currently it just covers the AFRF side, I'll do US side later.

All units are grouped inside a single faction called "Russia" (see pictures below)

How it looks like :

Editor

Zeus

Faction name :

stdr_rhs_russian_faction

Feel free to use, modify and comment (PM).

Download link

Edit : And many many thanks to RHS team for providing us RHS:Escalation, it is a must have.

Edited by Sparfell_19

BI re-opened the submissions for the MANW contest as plenty of addons weren't submitted properly, RHS Escalation being one of them.

Where does it say that RHS was among the entries that were not submitted properly? :j:

Where does it say that RHS was among the entries that were not submitted properly? :j:

On his link under the "List of missing MANW entries" dropdown.

On his link under the "List of missing MANW entries" dropdown.

I didn't see that drop-down list, thank you :)

Edited by MistyRonin
orthography

Has anyone gotten RHS content to cost points in Zeus? I have a Zeus test mission setup where the Zeus player only has access to spawn RHS content. However, as soon as I Synq the Set Costs - Soldiers & Vehicles module to the Curator module, all RHS content is no longer spawnable.

If I do not restrict the addons to only RHS and instead allow Zeus to spawn everything, as soon as I synq the Set Costs - Soldiers & Vehicles modules, only the RHS content disappears from the list of spawnable units leaving Vanilla content working fine with costs.

Interested to get more details and what we could do to support any work you guys are doing with configs. For info, you should be aware that ALiVE (by default) selects group types to emulate a GENFOR Combined Arms ORBAT

Taking RHS as a good case-in-point: spawning directly from the faction lists is limiting and problematic. Faction lists are not created with ORBATs in mind. Sure, leave the current behavior as default for those who don't want to mess about with details.

But for mod authors who want realism and ALiVE compatiblity: allow placement modules to spawn from customizable ORBAT configs.

class rhs_custom_rus
{
 side = 0;
 customFaction = RHS_custom_rus_01; //a faction name to give to the Placement Module

class Armor //we're going to define our own "Armor" ORBAT with a mix of various "squads"
 {
   aliveCategory = Armored;

class Main_Tank_Group
   {
     squad = RHS_T80Platoon; //ideally this could be a "squad" from *any faction* with the correct side
     relativeFrequency = 0.3; //how often it is spawned when the placement module requests an Armored unit
    };
   class Air_Defense
   {
     squad = RHS_ZSUSection;
     relativeFrequency = 0.02;
    };
   class Command_Section
   {
     squad = RHS_SpecOps_CommandSquad;
     relativeFrequency = 0.01;
    };
 };

class Mech
 {
   aliveCategory = Mechanized;

(A crude pseudo-example, but you get the idea).

In a perfect world who knows? Perhaps the whole ORBAT would be data-driven and customizable.

Edited by Olds

One remark about the russian radio protocol, please change your identityTypes[] in class RUS to only LanguageRUS or delete Head_Euro and Head_Asian from the array. I was creating czech radio protocol for our mod and I had no idea why also Czech soldiers are speaking russian :D It take me two hours to find out the issue, also lot of other addons are using Head_Euro for their units.

Just a suggestion,as the Arma3 version have updated to 1.34,it would be better some of the vehicles could have the Firing From Vehicles System,like opened HMMV,trucks and UH1s.

Just a suggestion,as the Arma3 version have updated to 1.34,it would be better some of the vehicles could have the Firing From Vehicles System,like opened HMMV,trucks and UH1s.

Outstanding piece of news! I was not aware of it. We have a UH-1!

Is it possible to get an LEA Repository for this addon?

Or if someone has already made one... linky linky :D

One remark about the russian radio protocol, please change your identityTypes[] in class RUS to only LanguageRUS or delete Head_Euro and Head_Asian from the array. I was creating czech radio protocol for our mod and I had no idea why also Czech soldiers are speaking russian :D It take me two hours to find out the issue, also lot of other addons are using Head_Euro for their units.

that strange as all BIS RP are using same identityTypes in cfgVoice with only language on the end changing

identityTypes[] = {"default","Head_USMC","Head_USMC_CO","Head_USMC_Camo","Head_USMC_CO_Camo","Head_Default","Head_Special","LanguageENGB_F"};

I'm not sure how it works & how it links head to RP. I will do some experiments anyway but if you could provide me link to your Czech RP in PM it could speed up things a little bit.