Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

Deadline confusion

Yes, I am one of those damn late bloomers. :D

BIS and / or community, can you clarify the deadline a bit more?

Here it says 28th of October 2014, 24:00 (GMT+1), which is the end of Tuesday.

http://makearmanotwar.com/faq

But here it says 28th October 2014 at 12am (GMT+1), which (from my understanding) again can either be the end of Monday or the mid-day of Tuesday.

http://makearmanotwar.com/rules

Thanks. :)

This is exactly what I wanted to ask too. :)

Now the forum engine writes 12:03 am. So I guess it's gonna be Monday's night 00:00;

And they wrote 26th in one of their newsletters recently..

Edited by zapat

So midnight (the end) of Tuesday, right? :)

---------- Post added at 09:14 ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 ----------

I got an answer from BIS:

We can update our projects until the end of Tuesday.

@ Undeceived: Thanks for clarifying. I checked the contest site too and was surprised (positively^^) that submission ends on the 28th and not 26th.

You can indeed apply/edit until midnight - but obviously I'd personally strongly recommend against last-minute submitting (give yourself some time to deal with unforeseen complications) ;-)

You can indeed apply/edit until midnight - but obviously I'd personally strongly recommend against last-minute submitting (give yourself some time to deal with unforeseen complications) ;-)

To absolutely confirm on the above. The deadline is 23:59 pm (GMT +1) Tuesday 28th. Sorry, but its very important to understand this. ;)

Indeed it is (and complicated as well, being used to the 24hours system only). :D

Thanks @ all.

Since we're in a MilSim forum shouldn't it be written like "2359A hours" after all? ;)

Maybe not last minute, but last hour upload.. :D

Korneel wrote that it ends on midnight of 28th. It is the midnight of 27th.

Korneel wrote that it ends on midnight of 28th. It is the midnight of 27th.

Then the text in the rules is wrong:

Submission of Entries will be closed on 28th October 2014 at 12am (GMT+1).

According to international conventions 12 a.m. 28th is one min after 11:59 p.m. 27th ( GMT + 1). Which is also called the midnight of the 28th ( start of the day ).

If they meant the midnight ( end of day ) of the 28th of October, they should have wrote 12am 29th ( or 28th 24:00h ).

Edited by MistyRonin

Search for MANW deadline, and find at least 3 different versions, starting from 26th to 28th midnight, 28th thursday. There is confusion even in BIS' communication.

Their (albeit non official) response was that it's 28th 23:59.

(midnight of a day is always 24:00 of that day. Wikipedia is wrong with this then. And I believe most deadlines are set by the end of a period, not a beginning of a new one so they would've written 27th if it had ended 2 hours ago. But this is only my view on their logic.)

To hopefully put an end to all the confusion, the deadline is indeed today October 28th at 23:59 GMT+1.

Edited by Korneel

So I guess I am in: Update: 28 Oct @ 11:56pm

Sorry, I didn't believe you with the last minute thing: the whole day was full of unforseen complications. :)

How about you guys?

Haven't touched my project since monday. What's broken is broken, no need to break more stuff and drive me crazy by pushing out last minute fixes.^^ But congrats to all contestants who turned in their projects, can't wait to play all of them! ;)

Sign in to follow this