legolasindar

Hit indicator in the targets for range fire missions

Hi, i need an script show the hits in the targets. I search from armaholic, google, bis forum, but I did not find what I'm looking for. Im looking this, minut 4:20. Anyone can help me?

I have no programming knowledges, I need a script already created, you only need to configure. Thanks.

I may have something for you, but I don't have access to my computer atm, so give me a few hours and I can get it too you.

I may have something for you, but I don't have access to my computer atm, so give me a few hours and I can get it too you.

Ok thanks.

My Sniper Mod project has Target feedback. Not sure if it will work on your screen resolution. I have custom Target, Data Card, Weather Meter, etc.

Use my Target and grab the Logbook out of my crate. You need that on you to get the Target feedback to work. I also have an Editor mission to test and practice with included as well.

Any new of you JShock?

Shit sorry man, got busy, here it is, put it in the init field of the target:

this addEventHandler ["HitPart", {_spr = "Sign_Sphere10cm_F" createVehicle [0,0,0]; _spr setPosASL (_this select 0 select 3); _shooter = _this select 0 select 1; _temp = _shooter getVariable ["hitMarkers",[]]; _temp set [count _temp, _spr]; _shooter setVariable ["hitMarkers",_temp];}];

And then if you want to delete them (the red globes are seen globally, but can only be deleted locally by the shooter themselves):

Put this on an object (we used a laptop):

this addaction ["Reset Markers",{{ deleteVehicle _x; }foreach (player getvariable ["hitMarkers",[]])},0,0,true,true,"","_target distance _this < 3"];

You may be able to make it a global reset of the marked targets with a little work, but eh, this is what I have :p.

My Sniper Mod project has Target feedback. Not sure if it will work on your screen resolution. I have custom Target, Data Card, Weather Meter, etc.

Use my Target and grab the Logbook out of my crate. You need that on you to get the Target feedback to work. I also have an Editor mission to test and practice with included as well.

Thanks, i try you script, but my programming knowledges is zero. I understand i not need you mod for use this function.

this addEventHandler ["HitPart", {_spr = "Sign_Sphere10cm_F" createVehicle [0,0,0]; _spr setPosASL (_this select 0 select 3); _shooter = _this select 0 select 1; _temp = _shooter getVariable ["hitMarkers",[]]; _temp set [count _temp, _spr]; _shooter setVariable ["hitMarkers",_temp];}];

And then if you want to delete them (the red globes are seen globally, but can only be deleted locally by the shooter themselves):

this addaction ["Reset Markers",{{ deleteVehicle _x; }foreach (player getvariable ["hitMarkers",[]])},0,0,true,true,"","_target distance _this < 3"];

You may be able to make it a global reset of the marked targets with a little work, but eh, this is what I have :p.

Well, this is not exactly i need, but thanks, i try to use this if i not found nothing better :rolleyes:

Well, what exactly are you looking for, you said:

an script show the hits in the targets

And that's what my code does for you, unless I miss understood what you meant by "show hits on targets".

If you look the video in the first post at 4:20 minut, you can see exactly what i search ;)

This is pretty cool dude I'm going to use this in a training mission. Thanks!!

This is pretty cool dude I'm going to use this in a training mission. Thanks!!

Thanks, we used it for our training map as well, was nice to get some visual feedback on target.

@Legolasindar: I see what you mean now, but that is a GUI, which is a bit out of my expertise, sorry. That being said, however, I wouldn't know how to interface it to the GUI, but you would still use the same basic concept as you see in my example, using the "HitPart" event handler, but instead of creating an object on that spot, you would just need to pass those variables into the GUI, however that's done :p.

Edited by JShock

How works it for a 2. / 3. etc. target?

How works it for a 2. / 3. etc. target?

Same as the 1st, just paste into the init field of the target(s) you want to have this feature. The addAction really only needs to be put in one place as it is ran locally on a set variable array of the objects spawned to mark the hits.

Same as the 1st, just paste into the init field of the target(s) you want to have this feature. The addAction really only needs to be put in one place as it is ran locally on a set variable array of the objects spawned to mark the hits.

Ok. But i deleate all target marker at the same time. How can I deleate each target marker on Lane 1 and on Lane 2 later? (Sorry for my bad English!)

Edited by Hobo56

Ok. But i deleate all target marker at the same time. How can I deleate each target marker single? (Sorry for my bad English!)

Ah, ok, so in the EH code where you see the "hitMarkers", change each of those each time (new name, i.e. "hitMarkers2") you have a new target (or a new lane of targets) that contributes, then on the addAction match the same variable name as the target/lane of targets and that should do it.

Hello,

unfortunately I can't start my own topic yet, so I will try to attach my question here as it is also about hit indication.

In my sniper range I use TargetBootcampHuman_F as Targets.
If you approach one of those targes you can interact and it gives you the ammount of hits and the range.

What I would like to do, is to have one TargetBootcampHuman_F or any other oject, if possible, at my shooters possition which then would show the hits from all the other TargetBootcampHuman_F

So basically all TargetBootcampHuman_F in the range would have to copy their statistic to one other.

Would that be possible and how?

Thank you

Peter

---- Solution

add the following function to the object that is supposed to display the date:

this addAction ["Target 1", "['uiOpen', [Target_T1]] call BIS_fnc_target"];
this addAction ["Target 2", "['uiOpen', [Target_T2]] call BIS_fnc_target"];
this addAction ["Target 3", "['uiOpen', [Target_T3]] call BIS_fnc_target"];
this addAction ["Target 4", "['uiOpen', [Target_T4]] call BIS_fnc_target"];

but I'm still looking for a solution to list all targets from one range in one display.