Sign in to follow this  
jandrews

hospital heli pad for repair

I was wondering if anyone has set up the hosp. heli pad as repair base with trigger and repair script?

If so please let me know. thanks

ok, assume all you need to do is have the trigger the height of heli pad? what are you using to set trigger height?

Well, I'm confused, are you saying a standard helipad with repair, or a helipad on top of a hospital building, or a helipad on one of these?

In that case though, I would say you would need to use the attachTo command to stick it up there, seeing how triggers don't have an elevation input (as far as I'm aware).

ok, no they wanted a repair pad on the hospital heli pad. I can see a lot of different code but uncertain as to which one to use for condition. this trigger will be set to blufor, repeatedly, cond:? Act: repair script.

If your using the repair script I linked you:

//Condition Field
(getPos ((list triggername) select 0) select 2) <= 1  //<<triggername being the name of the trigger

//onAct
_xhandle= (thislist select 0) execVM "x_reload.sqf";

But if your talking your own repair script, it may be different, but looking at it, you could still use the condition field above.

ok. So

(getPos ((list triggername) select 0) select 2) <= 1 //<<triggername being the name of the trigger

this will make the heli pad on hospital in kavala a repair pad? do I need to do something with height?

I would say you would need to use the attachTo command to stick it up there, seeing how triggers don't have an elevation input (as far as I'm aware).

^ A post or two up. May need to use modelToWorld as well, but I'm unsure of how to use that command, or maybe as simple as a setPosATL, but this command may not work for triggers, only one way to find out :p.

The "z" axis being altitude/height in both commands.

setPosATL

player setPosATL [ getPosATL player select 0, (getPosATL player select 1) 0,

getPosATL player select +20] this is assuming if last is z and +20 would be top of hosp. on heli pad. (+20) is just example. not 100% sure the height yet.

would I just replace "player" with trigger name? not sure if that would work.

modelToWorld

aboveAndBehindPlayer = player modelToWorld [0,0,+20];

would I change "player" to triggername?

Both appear wrong.

Yes try replacing player with the trigger name, like I said it may not work, and for the setPosATL, make sure to have player (or triggername) select 2 for your "z" value then add 20:

triggerName setPosATL [(triggerName select 0), (triggerName select 1), (triggerName select 2) +20];

Yes try replacing player with the trigger name, like I said it may not work, and for the setPosATL, make sure to have player (or triggername) select 2 for your "z" value then add 20:

triggerName setPosATL [(triggerName select 0), (triggerName select 1), (triggerName select 2) +20];

thanks man I will try later when I get off work.

ok, assume all you need to do is have the trigger the height of heli pad? what are you using to set trigger height?
No you don't. Forget all about height. Place a rectangular trigger size 12 x 12 over the helipad on the hospital roof and set this as the condition of the trigger
((vehicle player) in thislist) && (vehicle player !=player) && (alive player) && (!isengineon vehicle player);

This will only trip if the player:- is in a vehicle, and the player is alive and the player's vehicle engine is powered off.

If you're using Jshock's script then use his ON ACT:

_xhandle= (thislist select 0) execVM "x_reload.sqf";

hey thanks Beerkan.
You're very welcome friend..

You can use the same trigger condition over any heli landing pad, on any map, regardless of it's height.

As long as the conditions are met, the trigger will trip.

((vehicle player) in thislist) && (vehicle player !=player) && (alive player) && (!isengineon vehicle player);

_handle = [(thisList select 0)] execVM "misc\rearmChopper.sqf"; <--- rearm script am using.

Hey BeerKan this isnt working.

---------- Post added at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

_handle = [(thisList select 0)] execVM "misc\rearmChopper.sqf"; <--- rearm script am using.

Hey BeerKan this isnt working.

wait. will this work in the editor? am not able to get it to work in editor on ground or heli pad.

Trigger Condition:

((vehicle player) in thislist) && (vehicle player !=player) && (alive player) && (!isengineon vehicle player) << You don't need a ";" necessarily

Trigger onAct:

null = [(thisList select 0)] execVM "misc\rearmChopper.sqf"; <<Note replaced _handle with null, as a local variable (those with an "_") cannot be used in the trigger space.

But it all should work..?

well. didnt work, I went back and tried the original code/trigger. trigger 12x18, blufor present, repeatedly, cond: this and ((getPos (thisList select 0)) select 2 < 1) Act: _handle = [(thisList select 0)] execVM "misc\rearmChopper.sqf";

works fine on top of hosp heli pad. whatever you do... please dont ask me why. :confused: