Sign in to follow this  
marlboro90

Rebels in current and recent middle eastern conflicts

im sure lots of you have seen the type of vehicles used by Islamist and other type of rebel forces now fighting in places like iraq , yemen and libya.

being a former libyan rebel myself i figured arma 3 modders should make such vehicles used by these rebels to give an authentic feel to fighting rebel

forces in arma 3.

see the problem with arma 3 is that it provides only one lame technical (the vehicle of choice for these groups) the kind these rebels use (from personal experiance)

are much heavier in caliber ... for example they use a Toyota land cruiser pickup with a twin barrel KPV 14.5mm AA gun ... quite popular these days lol

then there is the same toyota but sporting a twin barrel zsu-23 , occasionally you see a toyota hilux or a mitsubishi pick up armed with a single barreled 14.5mm KPV aa gun.

beyond AA guns (faced down towards ground targets) there are also various pick up trucks (preferably a Toyota land cruiser...what can i say they can take a beating) armed with an M40 recoiless gun .. used mostly for anti armour and for troops

hiding inside buildings. beyond all that there are actual army vehicles like the BM21 Grad truck and T55s and all that stuff but they arnt used as much as technicals... their high speed along with the weapons

mounted on them provided ..atleast in libya ..with a fast , effective , quickly replaceable weapon that packs a bunch when used in combined tactics.

so my point is i really wish to see such a mod come together...ive noticed a few ISIS mods out there but they relate to infantry only...u need the vehicles i mentioned to make there rebel

groups come full circle

Closing - please use the addon request thread.