Sign in to follow this  
Ice9

Grass floating

Hello, Id' like to share my problems to know if someone already had this or can help me.

I was working in the afternoon on terrain builder: I put some grass and I saw that in buldozer the grass was perfectly on the ground. With that, I could make a square of grass and do a copy-paste work. Perfectly.

The night I restart terrain builder to work in the same area, I put a little grass clump, it was just above the ground like 50cm. Well, I put down on the ground and tried to copy-paste it to have the same grass at ground level, but it pasted in the air.

So my problem is that if I have to put a little grass clump, and put it down manually, one clump per clump, I would have finished the map in 5 years.

What can I do?

Um. You technically are not supposed to put grass down like that. Grass and other small objects like flowers and little tiny rocks are considered clutter. They are classed in your clutter config and assigned to a surface(ground texture).

So you may have say a grass texture and on that grass texture you can assign let's say a flower, long grass, some small rocks clutter.

Then there's a config entry that looks something like this {0.03,0.5,0.05}

Those would correspond to the percentages you want the clutter to populate at random. So the flower gets a 3% chance to spawn, the long grass 50%, and the rocks a 5% chance.

If you want to learn more about it go to bushlurkers website and read his guide to micro terrains.