dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

TMR did optics best. :cool:

Yep, I still use TMR optics.

2D TMR is just a big mistake that even looks much worse. Where is the shadows on movements? Optics is totally dead. This one is living -

And this is much more important for immersive than another stupid 2D overley on your screen.

Edited by Anachoretes

TMR Optics would a nice solution if you were able to use modded scopes with it without having to do a metric shitload of new textures and whatnot. Which is not the case. Therefore it's useless.

I mean ArmA 3 3D scopes were a significant improvement over ArmA 2 flat 2D scopes, it would be straight stupid to ignore that and get back to old standards with lifeless flat textures. I'm glad VTN took this path.

Edited by Dorak

not yet sorry ! we're all waiting the update ahah

+1 hahaha

Edited by Packy

TMR Optics would a nice solution if you were able to use modded scopes with it without having to do a metric shitload of new textures and whatnot. Which is not the case. Therefore it's useless.

I mean ArmA 3 3D scopes were a significant improvement over ArmA 2 flat 2D scopes, it would be straight stupid to ignore that and get back to old standards with lifeless flat textures. I'm glad VTN took this path.

THey're not an improvement, at all... They're not even 3d scopes. But yes, I wish more mod authors would see the light and adopt TMR optics into their mods, RHS did a pretty decent job on their ACOG reticle. And it's 2D, just like TMR.

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

2D TMR is just a big mistake that even looks much worse. Where is the shadows on movements? Optics is totally dead. This one is living -

And this is much more important for immersive than another stupid 2D overley on your screen.

Heh, you're crazy. Arma's 3d scopes don'th ave shadows either, if you're going to rule out TMR for that and say that they "look worse" then like I said you're crazy. Looks worse compared to what? Compared to the Arma 3 fake 3d optics? You off your medication or what. Or maybe you've just never actually used one, and are basing all your opinionso ff video games and videos. Because TMR is as close as real as it gets.

Edited by germ

THey're not an improvement, at all... They're not even 3d scopes.

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Heh, you're crazy. Arma's 3d scopes don'th ave shadows either, if you're going to rule out TMR for that and say that they "look worse" then like I said you're crazy. Looks worse compared to what? Compared to the Arma 3 fake 3d optics? You off your medication or what. Or maybe you've just never actually used one, and are basing all your opinionso ff video games and videos. Because TMR is as close as real as it gets.

They completely 3D, if you really understand what's mean 3D. And they have "shadows". It's mean when your move, you lose the optical center by weapon inertia. And they looks more real, not just flat image on your screen. Maybe, you live in the flat world? I am not.

They completely 3D, if you really understand what's mean 3D. And they have "shadows". It's mean when your move, you lose the optical center by weapon inertia. And they looks more real, not just flat image on your screen. Maybe, you live in the flat world? I am not.

I know what it means, I use real optics on real firearms. And no, arma 3's fake 3d optics don't have shadows. And if you want to see what real 3d scopes look like play Red orchestra, just because arma 3's optics use a cco model doesn't make them 3D. Also, these forums are way too sensitive, going to report me for my last post really? Mods are way too uppity too now I remember why I don't spend any time on this website.

I know what it means, I use real optics on real firearms. And no, arma 3's fake 3d optics don't have shadows. And if you want to see what real 3d scopes look like play Red orchestra, just because arma 3's optics use a cco model doesn't make them 3D. Also, these forums are way too sensitive, going to report me for my last post really? Mods are way too uppity too now I remember why I don't spend any time on this website.

Yes, only you in the whole world was using are real scopes. Explaining to you for last time.. scope is 3D, not 2D, or fake 3D(I think the term coined by some students). Red Orchersta have are few fakes to represent zoom by mask. But it's not make him 3D. And mod that make shadow by mask is not make anything usefull or better, just ruin enviroment lightnings and flatting the vision. And shadows means that you loose the sight. Vanilla scopes represent this, TMS - is not. That's all your realism.

I actually competely agree with germ on the topic of optics. Arma3's wannabe 3d optics are just that, wannabes...

They magnify your whole field of view and then put a small scope in the middle with a dark tint that makes everything harder to identify and shoot at. That is absolutely not how real scopes work, and honestly, anyone who owns, or had ever used a scope of any kind realises this.

The only game that got true 3d scopes sorta right was red orchestra. (this still isn't perfect because of the fake distortion effect around the edge of the scope)

So yeah, using full screen or almost full screen 2d optics is far more realistic and functional than using "pretty looking" fake 3d optics. This game should be about realism, not only about looking neat and stuff.

but thats just my two cents...

I actually competely agree with germ on the topic of optics. Arma3's wannabe 3d optics are just that, wannabes...

They magnify your whole field of view and then put a small scope in the middle with a dark tint that makes everything harder to identify and shoot at. That is absolutely not how real scopes work, and honestly, anyone who owns, or had ever used a scope of any kind realises this.

The only game that got true 3d scopes sorta right was red orchestra. (this still isn't perfect because of the fake distortion effect around the edge of the scope)

So yeah, using full screen or almost full screen 2d optics is far more realistic and functional than using "pretty looking" fake 3d optics. This game should be about realism, not only about looking neat and stuff.

but thats just my two cents...

I have PO-4x24 and PSO-1 just under my hands... and you now...no darkening. TMR not making them real. Just more simple to use and clean. RO have zoom by mask. Arma is zooming everything. But this is not affect the gameplay. At all. Current engine, i am sure, is not good for that.

Can i ask which files is relate with optics? seems like broke to me :(

Some good stuff here but is there any way to get the AI medic to help out? I couldn't even get an option for him to heal one of my wounded AI but I have seen the AI drag each other.

Nice mod, I love it. Currently planning to use this for coop mission with my friends.

Is it possible to remove the medical system for some units via script command? I'm having some slight problems with AI teleporting through floors of a building to help their wounded teammate.

Patch is about to be finished. I'll ask about disabling medicine and teleportations.

afaik you can remove pbo, that include medical and keep mod still working - so if you prefer diffrent mod you can just do it i gues

Latest update.

Everything what we could find or what was reported got fixed. Except different types of RPGs i.e RPG-7, SMAW and AT4. They keep crashing game if they have adjustable sights. Temporary solution is to disable those adjustments.

As soon as it's ready I'll post a link for new torrent file here.

Latest update.

Everything what we could find or what was reported got fixed. Except different types of RPGs i.e RPG-7, SMAW and AT4. They keep crashing game if they have adjustable sights. Temporary solution is to disable those adjustments.

As soon as it's ready I'll post a link for new torrent file here.

Sounds great. I'm looking forward.

Nope we get it too. Reason - binarization, will be fixed as well.

We used to have a redmine a long time ago which was hosted and maintained by one of our colleagues, don't have it any more if some one can help us with setting up a new one(we can host it) that will greatly improve feedback and will speed up fixing of bugs and implementation on new features.

I was gonig trough this topic just now, and sorry for the late response but going trough the pain of setting up redmine with git/svn for the sake of managing one or very few projects is really not worth it. I suggest you to use free dev-withsix project hosting space, as its fully functional supported by active staff and well documented. Apply here if interested and poke kju or ViperMaul if they are not responding to request.

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/heaven/wiki

So I downloaded the mod few days ago and just fired it up tonight, and what I am seeing is that you have issues with configs. Probably obvious by now for you, so forgive me being a donkey stating that. I like the intent, I like the content, I would help if I had the time. Sadly work and RL obligations took my gamers life away. Im still struggling, but enough about me ;)

Good luck and when I get the time Ill cruise trough and see if any bugs lurk around, and really take my advice and host your project on DH.

Seriously? The modders are doing this out of love for the game and totally voluntary. Chasing for a patch from people who are graciously completing this mod is pretty rude.

Blatant aggression towards someone asking where something is? So much better.

Sometimes addon creators are weird and put up patches in dark corners of the internet. Just because someone asked a question doesn't mean you have the right to go all typical-arma-stickupthebuttt-fan on them. Respect is not a one way street.

To the devs: Do you plan on allowing folks to easily avoid any and all mechanical changes? even just having easy to delete pbos would be enough for me. I just want to make sure that your very awesome gear is going to have optimal compatability with other flavors of mechanics. Things like medical gear and the like as well would be nice to be able to remove for those of us that intend to use something like AGM.