Sign in to follow this  
twistedx

Roadside Bombings and how to survive.

couple of critiques if you don't mind.

Third Person Example Videos.

I have nothing against people that want to play as 3rd person. The issue is as a tutorial and a lesson to be taught your isolating a portion of players from learning as some community members play on first person only servers. There is a huge difference from going from a 3rd person mode to a 1st person vs the opposite. It allows you to do what you did in your ambush vehicle, essentially staying out of sight but still able to see over walls to spot incoming targets. So the questions would be, would you had that exact same set up if everybody was forced to be exposed in some way to properly spot the targets?

IEDLessons.

I'm assuming the IED part will be covered in future blog post. Why placement part is critical, you might want to include more detailed technical information about the effect, placement, and the best way to get your results with the bomb. For example, what would be the best way to disable a civilian car with it, and not have it explode? This is just one of the many questions I ask when I think what makes a good roadside ambush.

Other then that I look forward for the next part of your blog post.

The latest blog in my series the FPS Gamer Series.

First Person Shooter Gamer Series... Recorded in third :)

couple of critiques if you don't mind.

Third Person Example Videos.

I have nothing against people that want to play as 3rd person. The issue is as a tutorial and a lesson to be taught your isolating a portion of players from learning as some community members play on first person only servers. There is a huge difference from going from a 3rd person mode to a 1st person vs the opposite. It allows you to do what you did in your ambush vehicle, essentially staying out of sight but still able to see over walls to spot incoming targets. So the questions would be, would you had that exact same set up if everybody was forced to be exposed in some way to properly spot the targets?

IEDLessons.

I'm assuming the IED part will be covered in future blog post. Why placement part is critical, you might want to include more detailed technical information about the effect, placement, and the best way to get your results with the bomb. For example, what would be the best way to disable a civilian car with it, and not have it explode? This is just one of the many questions I ask when I think what makes a good roadside ambush.

Other then that I look forward for the next part of your blog post.

Awesome info. The servers that I recorded this on are unlocked 3rd person. That is where the majority of the players are so that is where we go to get the kills. Is it not "realistic" you are correct. I don't play first person shooters as in a "realistic" scenario there is no re spawns being a war veteran and a police officer I have seen many peoples lights turn off. We play video games for the enjoyment of being competitive and having fun in group combat. If you enjoy first person then by all means enjoy it. We enjoy going to where the masses are and that for us is int he third person unlocked servers.

As for the other information. I will expand on the lesson when I get some more video that I can use as a lesson guide. Thanks for the feedback it helps me focus on area's to cover!

---------- Post added at 04:30 ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 ----------

We all know that FPS is a game mode and not a factorial depiction. Please be a good forum troll and bury yourself back under the bridge. PS I like your intros on your videos. I need to get more into After Effects and the like.

Edited by TwistedX

Hi m8 sorry you thought I was trolling I am not.

I felt you made a mistake calling it FPS and then using TPS videos.

These are the definitions of both :-

FPS - First-person shooters are a type of three-dimensional shooter game,featuring a first-person point of view with which the player sees the action through the eyes of the player character. They are unlike third-person shooters, in which the player can see (usually from behind) the character they are controlling. The primary design element is combat, mainly involving firearms.

TPS - A third-person shooter is a game structured around shooting, and in which the player can see the avatar on-screen in a third-person view.

FPS - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-person_shooter

TPS - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-person_shooter

There is a massive difference between TPS and FPS tactics where ArmA is concerned.

PS. Glad ya liked the intros.

Hi m8 sorry you thought I was trolling I am not.

I felt you made a mistake calling it FPS and then using TPS videos.

These are the definitions of both :-

FPS - First-person shooters are a type of three-dimensional shooter game,featuring a first-person point of view with which the player sees the action through the eyes of the player character. They are unlike third-person shooters, in which the player can see (usually from behind) the character they are controlling. The primary design element is combat, mainly involving firearms.

TPS - A third-person shooter is a game structured around shooting, and in which the player can see the avatar on-screen in a third-person view.

FPS - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-person_shooter

TPS - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-person_shooter

There is a massive difference between TPS and FPS tactics where ArmA is concerned.

PS. Glad ya liked the intros.

Thanks for the reply but if you read the lesson plans it can be applied to any game mode. No one has ever heard of a third person shooter. FPS is the genre of game that we all play.

On to more important information where did u get the tutorial for your latest intro? I want to check that one out.

...No one has ever heard of a third person shooter...

Link

Link

Link

Every link another adventure, every link another lesson. I don't have a problem with your amateur video/blog series, I don't have a problem with the way you play, or the way you think other people play.

Though insulting the genre that got me in video-games is a offence, punishable by a lot of resources.

On to more important information where did u get the tutorial for your latest intro? I want to check that one out.

Do you mean the Spinning Metal logo for the My uniform reskin mod ?

If so... it wasn't a tutorial. (for once :) )

Used After Effects - Element 3d - Trapcode Form.

So much advantage of TPS over FPS you could write seperate tutorials for both

Link

Link

Link

Every link another adventure, every link another lesson. I don't have a problem with your amateur video/blog series, I don't have a problem with the way you play, or the way you think other people play.

Though insulting the genre that got me in video-games is a offence, punishable by a lot of resources.

Why is it people take something and pick away at the positive nature its intended to be, to take away some negative. Look forward to life don't only find the bad things. OK i get it, you hate the name. I have an idea, write your own in the future and don't read mine. Sound good? I'm over the third person nazi'ism and I am intending this to help other gamers. If you want to chirp off over stupid $hit take it somewhere else.

If you read the lessons and don't watch the videos it is applicable to any genre out there.

I've got nothing against people who play third-person either, but I don't personally play with it enabled as IMHO it's totally unrealistic and gives players a ridiculous view of the battlefield, not to mention it kills the immersion. I think Arma 3's genre is an ambiguous one. It's neither this or that. It certainly isn't a military simulator when you have third-person and enemy locations turned on. I create my own missions using scripts and add-ons to host realistic scenarios. It gives the players a sense of what sh*t our servicemen and woman have to go through when on tour in places like Afghan. People are eager to want to fly helos and jets but they hate having to do the power up sequence? It's not like they've had to do several years flight school. Five minutes in the readme file and a couple of minutes to take off that's all. But when people are permitted to hop into a helo or jet and just press the 'Q' key to get going I question BIS' claim of Arma being "authentic combat". Jumping into tens of millions of dollars worth of aircraft that takes a single keystroke to start it is "console arcade" sh*t.

Like I said I've got nothing against people play third-person and have a laugh playing humorous games, but sometimes I wish BIS would make Arma one or the other because without mods, add-ons and scripts it's a mutant and it leaves players like myself who want a realistic military simulator frustrated.

No one has ever heard of a third person shooter.

I did!

Ever notice that 3rd person players never tell 1st person players they are wrong for playing that way? Funny.

Ever notice the thread is titled " Roadside Bombings and how to survive."

and not " 1st person vs 3rd person flame wars and how to survive"

:cool:

Ever notice the thread is titled " Roadside Bombings and how to survive."

and not " 1st person vs 3rd person flame wars and how to survive"

:cool:

I love you!

Ah yes, the excellent tactic of exploiting the disembodied third person camera. What's next, advanced sitting on a hill in plan view wearing a ghillie suit? The lowest common denominator crowd don't use any kind of tactics.

And before you go complaining about me complaining, your blog is called "Hardcore PVP players in first person shooters brings you real world advice on tactics for you and your FPS teams in video games."

You aren't playing any sort of "hardcore" gamemode, the tactics aren't actually real world, because you can't see over walls by magic in real life and you aren't actually playing the game as an FPS.

If you just get off on writing blog posts that's fine, but this isn't actually instructive in any way.

Edited by War_lord

Yeah, its funny to see some people stating that's how it is in real life (defending the poor implemented fatigue feature, for instance), claiming that they have "reality feeling" with almost everything and still they "realistically" play using third person.

Hilarious.

Ah yes, the excellent tactic of exploiting the disembodied third person camera. What's next, advanced sitting on a hill in plan view wearing a ghillie suit? The lowest common denominator crowd don't use any kind of tactics.

And before you go complaining about me complaining, your blog is called "Hardcore PVP players in first person shooters brings you real world advice on tactics for you and your FPS teams in video games."

You aren't playing any sort of "hardcore" gamemode, the tactics aren't actually real world, because you can't see over walls by magic in real life and you aren't actually playing the game as an FPS.

If you just get off on writing blog posts that's fine, but this isn't actually instructive in any way.

Yeah, its funny to see some people stating that's how it is in real life (defending the poor implemented fatigue feature, for instance), claiming that they have "reality feeling" with almost everything and still they "realistically" play using third person.

Hilarious.

Take the information for what it is, or don't. That choice is yours. It's free, doesn't cost you anything so enjoy it or don't. Personally I could care less if its hardcore first person or limp ass third person. I prefer third person because that is my choice. If you prefer First person, then good for you. Go write a blog about advanced tactics and team play then post it here so I can criticize it.

Relax mate.

For the next vídeos and references about Arma 3 use first person , otherwise new people arriving to games may be fooled with the first person that you are showing.

All will be fine.

Dude, chill.

When you post personal work on a forum, expect critique. In this case, the fact that you are playing third person while labeling it as first person.

This is your response:

Why is it people take something and pick away at the positive nature its intended to be, to take away some negative. Look forward to life don't only find the bad things. OK i get it, you hate the name. I have an idea, write your own in the future and don't read mine. Sound good? I'm over the third person nazi'ism and I am intending this to help other gamers. If you want to chirp off over stupid $hit take it somewhere else.

If you read the lessons and don't watch the videos it is applicable to any genre out there.          

It was feedback, and I am pretty sure it was meant as tips to improve your blog, not as something negative. It's simply a matter of nuance, it might be a good idea to properly label it third person tactics, as your tips seem to be restricted to people who like to play third person. For someone who plays first person, this might not be as useful to them. To properly point that out can be a good idea, if you don't want to confuse your audience. That's the feedback provided, it's up to you if you want to take it into account.

He read it and provided feedback I assume because he maybe thought the feedback might prove useful to you, to provide a different perspective. From an authors perspective, it would be useful to see how others read your stuff, no?

Dude, chill.

When you post personal work on a forum, expect critique. In this case, the fact that you are playing third person while labeling it as first person.

This is your response:

It was feedback, and I am pretty sure it was meant as tips to improve your blog, not as something negative. It's simply a matter of nuance, it might be a good idea to properly label it third person tactics, as your tips seem to be restricted to people who like to play third person. For someone who plays first person, this might not be as useful to them. To properly point that out can be a good idea, if you don't want to confuse your audience. That's the feedback provided, it's up to you if you want to take it into account.

He read it and provided feedback I assume because he maybe thought the feedback might prove useful to you, to provide a different perspective. From an authors perspective, it would be useful to see how others read your stuff, no?

I get your point but he's referring to the videos that were use as educational tools.  The blog itself was written for the Genre of First Person Shooters.  Meh take what you want from it or don't.  The choice is yours since the info is free.