Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

[WIP] CorePatch: config patch for ArmA 2 OA

Also projector on top of BRDM-2 doesn't work.

This projector has no real use since it's lightening in the same direction as headlights already do. The same goes for the ones you can find on the left side of Ural's and UAZ's cab.

There is also one additional on the back of T-72's and T-90's turret's, that could have been lightening in the direction you can't even look in, as opposed to gunner's or commander's projectors, lightening in the direction they look in, not necessary being the same that the driver is looking in.

The more sources of light the less in-game performance.

This is why in the past BIS have made street lamps switching on one after another as you approach them and only one light cone for 2 headlights for all vehicles.

But by now I think it should be ok, considering the performance of most average user's GPUs.

Edited by Groove_C

Have found:
1. Several inconsistencies in max zoomed in/out gunners'/commanders' FOV for several vehicles.
2. Several inconsistencies in zeroing steps for several vehicles. Some with 100 m steps, other with 200 m steps and even 300 m steps for BAF_FV510_W/BAF_FV510_D.
3. Several inconsistencies in colors of rangefinders showing distance to gunners/commanders.
4. Several inconsistencies for the way zoom in/out action is working on some vehicles.

Will later make a list of vehicles concerned with detailed description of issues + screens.

1. T90 and BTR90 can zoom in much more than BMP3 do, but can't zoom out as much as BMP3 do (despite having exactly the same optics), resulting in BMP3's inaccuracy/blindness and T90/BTR90's unawareness for possible enemy infantry/vehicles close/arround to them.
Same goes for gunners and commanders of several other vehicles.

2. T90 shooting at infantry 1700/2900 m away resulted in missing all the time, because you can set zeroing to 1600/2800 m or to 1800/3000 m, but not to 1700/2900 m.
Therefore zeroing in vehicles should occure in 100 m steps like for rifles in order to give them more precision and avoid useless ammo waste by overshooting/undershooting to kill the enemy.
Not even talking about 300 m zeroing steps for BAF_FV510_W/BAF_FV510_D.
Same goes for gunners of several other vehicles.

3.Some vehicles have gunners'/commanders' rangefinders showing distance in green, some other in white.
It would be great to have one single color for gunners's/commanders' rangefinders showing distance across all the vehicles. Prefferably in orange instead of green or white, as green is relatively difficult to read properly when playing on Chernarus and white is relatively difficult to read properly when playing on Takistan.

Edited by groove_c

Hi.

I'm sorry but i can't download the CorePatch : *ww.dropbox.com/s/wlox7mtfibtpcr8/%40corepatch_1_0_0_24.zip?dl=0

The link is dead :(

Do you have any mirrors ?

I need it to fix a respawn issue and some other bugs.

Thank you !

Edit : That's OK, i downloaded it trough *ww.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27054

Thank you for your amazing works !

Edited by Petrus77

Petrus77 do not download CoprePatch via Armaholic, it's now part of A2/OA beta branches on STEAM, way newer version

Petrus77 do not download CoprePatch via Armaholic, it's now part of A2/OA beta branches on STEAM, way newer version

OK thanks, i need to go in Property -> Beta -> Participate at Beta - ?

seems that's steam client beta,

you need to go into properties of game (RMB on game in gameslist>properties>beta>chose branch to opt-on)

!!! DO NOT USE COREPATCH IF YOU ARE USING THE 1.63 BETA VERSION OF ARMA 2: OPERATION ARROWHEAD BECAUSE IT IS ALREADY INCLUDED INSIDE THE BETA PATCH AND UPDATED TO A MAJOR VERSION !!!

1 What the hell does that mean? What kind of '1.63 Beta version'? If I play OA on Steam on 1.63, is that that '1.63 Beta version' or am I missing something?

2 Also, there's this very annoying eye bug problem only in OA that no one cares about for some reason, and as far as I can see, you haven't been to it yet either. Here's a post I wrote about it before.

3 Will you *ever* get into solving CTI missions bug so that players can respawn as they should?

4 And finally thank you on your awesome work, keep it up! :D

1 What the hell does that mean? What kind of '1.63 Beta version'? If I play OA on Steam on 1.63, is that that '1.63 Beta version' or am I missing something?

If you use the regular v1.63 version, you can use this CorePatch addon. If you are using the pre-release final patch beta that is available through steam, it has a more updated version of CorePatch built in to it, so you shouldn`t use this one.

2 Also, there's this very annoying eye bug problem only in OA that no one cares about for some reason, and as far as I can see, you haven't been to it yet either. Here's a post I wrote about it before.

Oh, I so hope that one does get fixed. I know it was mentioned in the plans to be fixed for the final patch release (although not heard anything about it for a while).

4 And finally thank you on your awesome work, keep it up! :D

Yep, he`s doing a fine, fine job :)

If you are using the pre-release final patch beta that is available through steam, it has a more updated version of CorePatch built in to it, so you shouldn`t use this one.
Thank you on such a fast reply :D . If you could just tell me please how do I activate that "pre-release final patch beta" on Steam, I would be very thankful. 3 days ago I didn't even know this existed, so I'm very eager to see this in-game...

Thank you on such a fast reply :D . If you could just tell me please how do I activate that "pre-release final patch beta" on Steam, I would be very thankful. 3 days ago I didn't even know this existed, so I'm very eager to see this in-game...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?191811-A2-A2-OA-Beta-Patches-Pre-Final-Patch, see red text.

Hi Seljumnik!

I'm aware of this annoying bug but I think it is engine related and not fixable with simple config changes, I'm sorry :(

Hi Seljumnik!

I'm aware of this annoying bug but I think it is engine related and not fixable with simple config changes, I'm sorry :(

Damn. I thought it wouldn't be much of a problem to fix it since normal Arma 2 has no problem. They did screw the game up, that's for sure... :( Good thing you're around here ;)!

And what about the CTI missions? :/

Damn. I thought it wouldn't be much of a problem to fix it since normal Arma 2 has no problem. They did screw the game up, that's for sure... :( Good thing you're around here ;)!

And what about the CTI missions? :/

I think you mean the respawn bug that also affect all the warfare missions, am I right? If yes, this bug is already been fixed with CorePatch

I think you mean the respawn bug that also affect all the warfare missions, am I right? If yes, this bug is already been fixed with CorePatch

I just tested it! I don't have unlimited Internet, but these 200MB of your update were well spent! I can't thank you enough for fixing the respawn bug, now I have the Arma I once knew again! :D Thanks!

P.S.: I'm just curious - how comes you're so good with all the scripting in Arma? Are you/Were you the part of the development team, or is there something else?

P.P.S.: I was playing a lot of warfare since your remarkable patch, and I noticed two "bugs".

1st - there is an industrial complex in Takistan (to the north) called "Sagram", but it's not marked on the map, at least not with the black letters like the rest of the cities, but with the brown ones.

It wouldn't be much of a problem if commander didn't say " captured", "Camp captured near "; and task looked like "New task assigned: Capture ", etc.

2nd - Takistani millitary vehicle called "Millitary offroad SPG9" uses same ammunition both for AT and HE. So, for example, if you have 26 AT and 26 HE rockets in the first place, and you fire one AT so you have 25 AT rockets, there is also 1 HE rocket less; 25 HE rockets.

It's up to your free time and talent now! ;)

Edited by Seljumnik
P.P.S.:

I just tested it! I don't have unlimited Internet, but these 200MB of your update were well spent! I can't thank you enough for fixing the respawn bug, now I have the Arma I once knew again! :D Thanks!

P.S.: I'm just curious - how comes you're so good with all the scripting in Arma? Are you/Were you the part of the development team, or is there something else?

Thank you Seljumnik! BTW are you using the addon version of CorePatch (eg. downloaded from Armaholic) or have you opted-in beta branch of A2/A2:OA?

And no, I'm not part of the development team. I'm only a programmer that love the ArmA series and with a lot of free time (unfortunately because I'm without a work for now :down: ). And I have to thank all the people of the ArmA community that help me finding and fixing bugs.

Thank you Seljumnik! BTW are you using the addon version of CorePatch (eg. downloaded from Armaholic) or have you opted-in beta branch of A2/A2:OA?

And no, I'm not part of the development team. I'm only a programmer that love the ArmA series and with a lot of free time (unfortunately because I'm without a work for now :down: ). And I have to thank all the people of the ArmA community that help me finding and fixing bugs.

A man of awesome talents currently without a job that helps community for free? You should be a model for us all. Sick world we live in, everythings for sale, and yet you haven't prostituted yourself. I hope you keep it that way and that you find a job fast, your talents are needless to say not to be wasted!!! Or that at least you get a fat sum from BI for doing something they're too lazy to do... :D

You don't have to thank anyone.

We all have to thank you.

Anyways, I opted-in beta branch of your patch... - along with some of my friends that also play ArmA and that I informed after finding this out. Getting of the theme here, but I wonder if there's a way to make your beta branch more popular... I didn't even know it existed 5 days ago... :/

Plus, I edited a previous post to indicate some bugs I noticed in warfare you brought back to me. ;)

And one more thing - maybe you could solve the eye problem by making eyes two-sided, so they can never really invert? Just an idea, though.

Cheers!

Just passing by to THANK YOU for all the effort. Hope that BI hire you to do some next level script\config magic stuff w. RV engine! ;)

Likewise, I wish to express my sincere gratitude to your relentless efforts at polishing this flawed gem. I also really hope that you get some recognition for your efforts and that you find a good job (curiously enough I'm currentlty job hunting, though I have a job, I hate it).

Hi goliath86 :)

It has been a long time since my last reports. No time because of work :icon_cry:

So, here it is.

1. VSS Vintorez is unusable since correction of bug Nr. 25488 . I can't kill anything with it. Enormous dispertion was introduced somehow.

If I put a still standing soldier in editor exactly 200 m away from me and set zeroing to 200m, bullets fly over him, left/right of him or fall in front of him.

2. AK-107 PSO has no zeroing and no ironsght as opposed to AK-74 PSO.

3. Mi-24P and Su-25 250 rounds are unusable since they're not HE anymore as it was the case with 750 rounds.

4. AGS-17/30 effective range ~1700 m
Mk-19 feffective range ~1500 m
Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGS-17
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_19_grenade_launcher
AGS-17/30 and Mk-19 should have zeroing added, going up to 1500 m with 100 m steps.

Hi goliath86 :)

It has been a long time since my last reports. No time because of work :icon_cry:

So, here it is.

1. VSS Vintorez is unusable since correction of bug Nr. 25488 . I can't kill anything with it. Enormous dispertion was introduced somehow.

If I put a still standing soldier in editor exactly 200 m away from me and set zeroing to 200m, bullets fly over him, left/right of him or fall in front of him.

2. AK-107 PSO has no zeroing and no ironsght as opposed to AK-74 PSO.

3. Mi-24P and Su-25 250 rounds are unusable since they're not HE anymore as it was the case with 750 rounds.

4. AGS-17/30 effective range ~1700 m

Mk-19 feffective range ~1500 m

Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGS-17

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_19_grenade_launcher

AGS-17/30 and Mk-19 should have zeroing added, going up to 1500 m with 100 m steps.

5. BTR90, GAZ_Vodnik_HMG, LAV25, BRDM-2 and BTR60_TK_EP1 can only fully zoom-in and only while holding + button as opposed to BMP-2 with exactly the same optics, which can finely tune it's zoom level with + and - buttons with no need to hold + button to keep zoom level.

Hi groove!

Thank you for your report! I'm fixing those bugs as I'm writing!

Thank you!!

Great to hear this ;)

Please, also consider to "reinforce" Mi-24's vulnerability to hits to the level of Mi-8 (bug Nr. 26427).

Mi-8 has only 8 memory/hit points that you can shoot at to inflict dammage, but Mi-24 has 14 of them.

I understand that Mi-24 has the most detailed/complexe dammage map of all ArmA helicopters, but it makes him the most vulnerable of them all.

This is not acceptable that a haevily armored helicopter is more vulnerable to hits than a simple civilian and not armored Mi-8.

So the solution would be to remove 6 of 14 memory/hit points on Mi-24 for a total of 8 as on Mi-8 or on Mi-24 siblings AH-1Z/AH-64D.

Use Mi-8 as reference as where to leave and where to remove memory/hit points as it's shape is very similar to Mi-24's.

I think that this can be done as you previously have moved memory points for BTR-90's rear lights to the correct location.

If you were able to move memory points I suppose you also can remove them completly.

There is also one major bug that was intorduced approximately one month ago as reported by several players of my server.

This concerns weird beheviour of planes shot down by AA missiles. These planes fall down vertically like a stone from the point where they were hit and don't fly even one cm further.

Before CorePatch update they always fell down gradually/progressively.

Almost one month ago it could mean this could be related to the update from 24.08.

Maybe this could have something to do with correction of bug Nr.24842

Here is a screenshot as proof:

Black cloudlet is the point where the plane was hit by AA missile and just underneath this cloudlet you can see the plane itself falling down vertically like a stone.

image.png