Sign in to follow this  
lazerath

Only show Friendlies on Map (Block Enemies from being shown).

Hi folks... I have searched the forum, The Tactical Guide, Google Search, and the Arma 3 Difficulty Menu (BIStudio Wiki) <---(Link) for an answer to this question but I've had no luck.

Here is what I am trying to do. When you open the map to get a better look at your overall surroundings I want to see my group on it (It does this fine when turning on Extended Map Info in Difficulties) However, it also displays the Enemy(ies), Vehicles, Infantry, Mines etc. I do not wish to see any of the Enemy markers at all, just my group. Is there a way to do this? Such as a config file that I could alter to make the enemy Invisible on the map but still show my group when Extended Map Info Difficulty is enabled?

Or maybe someone has created a script that performs this action already?

Any help would be appreciated.

Infact IMHO BIStudio should have a few more options in the difficulty menu to deal with such issues. The ability to only show friendly markers on map, Civilian Markers, Opfor etc. Before anyone says its garbage and not nesassary please remember there are a lot of people who play this game with very different play styles. Having a few more options to change difficulty settings is not a bad thing. It simply gives more options to the already great player base!

Cheers!

Edited by lazerath
Fixed a typo. I was missing a parentheses )

It appears as though there is no way to do this ingame with the default game load out. I know there are many, MANY very talented modders in this community who not only make models of vehicles, equipment, landscapes, people etc. but there are also many talented programmers here as well.

Could a programmer/modder and/or a Dev please let me know if its possible to make a script that will do what I am asking? I am willing to work out a deal to get this done. Maybe some free webhosting space? *Wink* *Wink*... Or could someone point me in the direction of where to submit this idea to the Devs as I cannot for the life of myself remember what the site is called to do that.... (Bad case of Insomnia for over a week now)... Brain is shriviling up like a dried prune.. :(

There are plenty of scripts that do this already, dude. Ranging from showing squads only (ie the squad or team leader) to showing every player as an icon, to even displaying player names. If you prefer immersion there are mods outside the main map that use a ui tablet to track all your units.

Just search the forums for group or unit markers tracker, or something along those lines.

Hope you find what you need :)

Thanks Belbo.. Checking the script you posted about.

@ACyprus, Did you even read my first or second post clearly? Why would I waste my time asking people if there are mods or scripts out there that accomplish what I've mentioned if I KNEW where to FIND THEM and WHAT they were called. Thats why I have asked for help with my POSTS!!

Posting a reply telling me there are plenty of scripts that do this already and listing some of what they do and then again telling me to search for them is is very helpful.. I've been searching for them and havent found them. So instead of posting and telling me there are lots and hope I find what I need, why did you even reply to my thread? Thanks for the help! :j:

Perhaps my phrasing came across as dismissive, that wasn't intended so sorry about that.

I believe in helping others to help themselves. I don't usually believe in spoon feeding. I gave you the search terms to find what you needed. Instead of searching for those myself and pasting you the results, I suggested how to find them.

There is nothing wrong with that approach.

I posted at the same time as Belbo so did not see his until after mine had gone through.

Having said all that, you are in the right because it seems I did not read your opening post. In fact, it seems like I didn't even see it: I am reading forums via an app on a small device. The app jumped to the most recent post and for some reason I assumed it the first in the thread. So, thread topic + your second post = my reply.

Your first post was well written and very clear. I apologise for missing it.

And won't take offence to your caps and extraneous punctuation :p ;)

Perhaps my phrasing came across as dismissive, that wasn't intended so sorry about that.

I believe in helping others to help themselves. I don't usually believe in spoon feeding. I gave you the search terms to find what you needed. Instead of searching for those myself and pasting you the results, I suggested how to find them.

There is nothing wrong with that approach.

I posted at the same time as Belbo so did not see his until after mine had gone through.

Having said all that, you are in the right because it seems I did not read your opening post. In fact, it seems like I didn't even see it: I am reading forums via an app on a small device. The app jumped to the most recent post and for some reason I assumed it the first in the thread. So, thread topic + your second post = my reply.

Your first post was well written and very clear. I apologise for missing it.

And won't take offence to your caps and extraneous punctuation :p ;)

LoL. :o

No worries. I need to add a signature to my profile with a disclaimer. I've been suffering from bad insomnia for close to two months now. Unfortunately a bad side effect of that is not always seeing things clearly or thinking clearly. I am actually an easy going person but it probably doesn't show at the moment. Thanks for clarifying and I will read over your original post a few more times until it clicks in my mind what the search terms are that you mentioned.

Cheers! ;)

No worries, insomnia is not fun at all.

Happy to chat about this in more detail when I'm back on a keyboard larger than my thumb! ;)