Sign in to follow this  
fireatwill

ECP Mod or FFUR Mod Multiplayer game crash

Hey guys,

i'm one of those who is still playing OFP, and one of those who is still using OFP-mods.

I know that some of you don't know about fixing problems of this vastness of ofp mods, but maybe i've a lil bit luck and you can help me.

So everytime when we are trying to play OFP with FFUR 2007 or ECP-Mod on Local Area Network this MODs crashes about 10 Minutes after we start playing. The Windows error is: "Arma: Cold War Assault.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

Especially this problem appears when we are playing MFCTI. This error occurs alternating on my pc and on my friend's pc.

Have anyone an idea how to fix this problem?

Regards

FireAtWill

In my experience, that crash happens when either there's lots of script calls happening at once (same cycle) and/or the script is referencing a nil object (usually when the object is dynamically deleted at the same time the check is done). I don't know any other solution of any other solution than revising every single suspecting script.

The FFUR mods can cause problems during multi play. ECP should work but it is quite script heavy and those can break a game sometimes. I'd suggest checking out WW4 mod which was specifically written with net play in mind. But note it's not compatible with non supported servers because the animations will crash the game. I'm working on a multi player friendly and enhanced version of GRAA mod but I don't promise anything in this direction as it will just be one of those "wanted to make it but didn't happen" things... ;)

Okay thanks for your help. Now i know that FFUR can cause heavy problems during MP. WW4 seems to work, maybe the reason is that they removed all special moves from the units. Now i must switch to another mod or just playing OFP.

thanks again!

FIreATWill