Sign in to follow this  
redarmy

Skip intro.....Permenant?

So in my Arma3 steam launch paramaters.a while ago i entered the command to skip intro.

The problem is,i didnt realise that entering that line,would disable the main menu screen FOREVER.

Really,is there NO way to get my main menu back?

It has been replaced by no textured underwater area.

Does anyone know a fix?

enabled parameter -noworld aswell perhaps?

enabled parameter -noworld aswell perhaps?

I did before also,but its not enabled anymore.

Problem persists.

On the wiki, it says skip intro effect permanent.But i dont believe theres no way to reverse it.There are commands i already tried to force stratis to lead but it didnt work.

It just places them 1st in the editor map selection.

As stupid as this sounds, you could try reinstalling the game.

Haha

the one thing i didnt want to hear ;)

Cheers

Tried deleting the config?

I dont follow...

Generally stored in your 'Name/Documents/Arma3 folder are a few game cfg files that store your settings. Sometimes even when you re-install they remain for whatever reason so I've found that by deleting them it often solves problems like yours. The game will set up new default cfg's so dont worry.

You just have to launch the game without the command line .

Check arma 3 properties > launch options in steam , then launch options inside the launcher and also the ones in 3rd party launcher ( playwithsix / arma sync ) .

Simply deleting the -world=empty will fix it .

You just have to launch the game without the command line .

Check arma 3 properties > launch options in steam , then launch options inside the launcher and also the ones in 3rd party launcher ( playwithsix / arma sync ) .

Simply deleting the -world=empty will fix it .

sorry if i wasnt clear...

I did already delete it.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Generally stored in your 'Name/Documents/Arma3 folder are a few game cfg files that store your settings. Sometimes even when you re-install they remain for whatever reason so I've found that by deleting them it often solves problems like yours. The game will set up new default cfg's so dont worry.

Kind of like an INI file that will regenerate.Got it.

Thanks i will look in that

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

EDIT

@Foggyluv

deleting CFG didnt fix it.

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

Also,arma3 now takes a full ten minutes to load up.

what the hell happened?

Is there any way to get word from a dev here?

Why do you even need the world to show in the main menu?

-world=altis or -world=stratis will load those maps on startup.

Why do you even need the world to show in the main menu?

-world=altis or -world=stratis will load those maps on startup.

....presentation;)

I happen to like the main menu screen,and really do not like the dull drab empty water effect that replaced it.

When you say load those maps on start up,it dosent fix my problem,it simply loads them in the editor map select screen.

Use -nosplash to skip the intro

Sorry lads,

maybe my post isnt clear.

You know the main menu screen,that shows a top down view on the Altis cosmodrone at night time?

Well thats whats missing,and what im trying to get to work again.

-skipintro loads the world but not the intro.

-nosplash hides the splash screens (not related to this issue)

-world=empty doesn't load the world nor intro.

So if removing -skipintro and -world and every mod you might be running don't work then try verifying the game files with Steam. Then reinstall.

Edited by Greenfist

-skipintro loads the world but not the intro.

-nosplash hides the splash screens (not related to this issue)

-world=empty doesn't load the world nor intro.

So if removing -skipintro and -world and every mod you might be running don't work then try verifying the game files with Steam. Then reinstall.

I did everything short of reinstlling.That would be the easy and long way.Since i have been trying to figure whats causing this issue for sometime now im going to keep attempting to find the solution.

Enabling and then disabling -skipIntro has never caused a problem for me. Though I've never seen the world but I see an empty sea just like you with -skipIntro. -skipIntro works like a -world=empty for me.

Have you checked your RPT from C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Arma 3 ? There you can see if your game is lanched with -skipIntro somehow even though you think you've removed it. Check from the Steam, from the launcher and your Arma 3.cfg file for your launch parameters if any of those still have -skipIntro enabled.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Go onto dev branch. Then revert back.

Are you guessing or do you know that will work?

Also will changing to dev make my settings/mods/launch lines/anything revert back to default?

---------- Post added at 04:54 ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 ----------

Enabling and then disabling -skipIntro has never caused a problem for me. Though I've never seen the world but I see an empty sea just like you with -skipIntro. -skipIntro works like a -world=empty for me.

Have you checked your RPT from C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Arma 3 ? There you can see if your game is lanched with -skipIntro somehow even though you think you've removed it. Check from the Steam, from the launcher and your Arma 3.cfg file for your launch parameters if any of those still have -skipIntro enabled.

So you never saw world? Even after first install?

Show us the first 20 lines of your .rpt please

or at least everything between the two :-

=====================================================================

Show us the first 20 lines of your .rpt please

or at least everything between the two :-

Iv had nologs enabled.Will enable tonight and post back.

Thanks

Are you guessing or do you know that will work?

Also will changing to dev make my settings/mods/launch lines/anything revert back to default?

---------- Post added at 04:54 ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 ----------

So you never saw world? Even after first install?

I see the world if I remove -skipIntro. But wasn't your problem that you still can't see the world on the main menu even if you don't have -skipIntro (unless you've that enabled somewhere even though you think it's disabled)?

Iv had nologs enabled.Will enable tonight and post back.

Thanks

Pritty sure even with nologs enabled, that it still tells you that info, so just check your logs.

and post it so people can help ya ;)

Here is my rpt first few lines

cannot see the spoiler tag :( here is my rpt file in its

== F:\steam3\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

== "F:\steam3\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" mod=@@bcombat;-mod=@your_mod_folder_name;-mod=@your_mod_folder_name2; -nosplash -mod=@your_mod_folder_name4; -mod=@bcombat;-mod=@CBA_A3; -cpuCount=8 -maxMem=8192 -malloc=tbbmalloc -world=Utes

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_DX11

Exe timestamp: 2014/09/26 14:10:45

Current time: 2014/10/15 18:18:42

Type: Public

Branch: Stable

Version: 1.30.127372

Allocator: F:\steam3\steamapps\common\Arma 3\dll\tbbmalloc.dll

ManagerConfig()

AppId parsing successful. Using appId=107410

Entering off-line mode. Callbacks and content list updates will not work.

File workarma3\101_editor\101_editor\config.cpp, line 829: '/CfgVehicles/Land_PowerWireBig_direct_F.displayName': Missing ';' prior '}'

File workarma3\101_editor\101_editor\config.cpp, line 830: '/CfgVehicles/Land_PowerWireBig_direct_short_F.displayName': Missing ';' prior '}'

File workarma3\101_editor\101_editor\config.cpp, line 831: '/CfgVehicles/Land_PowerWireBig_end_F.displayName': Missing ';' prior '}'

File workarma3\101_editor\101_editor\config.cpp, line 832: '/CfgVehicles/Land_PowerWireBig_left_F.displayName': Missing ';' prior '}'

File workarma3\101_editor\101_editor\config.cpp, line 833: '/CfgVehicles/Land_PowerWireBig_right_F.displayName': Missing ';' prior '}'

File workarma3\101_editor\101_editor\config.cpp, line 835: '/CfgVehicles/Land_PowerWireSmall_damaged_F.displayName': Missing ';' prior '}'

File workarma3\101_editor\101_editor\config.cpp, line 836: '/CfgVehicles/Land_PowerWireSmall_direct_F.displayName': Missing ';' prior '}'

File workarma3\101_editor\101_editor\config.cpp, line 837: '/CfgVehicles/Land_PowerWireSmall_Left_F.displayName': Missing ';' prior '}'

File workarma3\101_editor\101_editor\config.cpp, line 838: '/CfgVehicles/Land_PowerWireSmall_Right_F.displayName': Missing ';' prior '}'

Conflicting addon CAData in 'ca\', previous definition in 'a3\'

Conflicting addon AiA_Worlds_DisableInfiniteTerrain in 'A3MP_Utils17\', previous definition in 'AiA_Worlds\disableinfiniteterrain\'

Conflicting addon AiA_Worlds_Lighting in 'A3MP_Utils18\lighting\', previous definition in 'AiA_Worlds\lighting\'

Conflicting addon AiA_Worlds_ClutterDist in 'A3MP_Utils18\clutterdist\', previous definition in 'AiA_Worlds\clutterdist\'

Conflicting addon AiA_Worlds_NoDetailDist in 'A3MP_Utils18\nodetaildist\', previous definition in 'AiA_Worlds\nodetaildist\'

Conflicting addon AiA_Worlds_FullDetailDist in 'A3MP_Utils18\fulldetaildist\', previous definition in 'AiA_Worlds\fulldetaildist\'

Conflicting addon AiA_Worlds_SkyTexture in 'A3MP_Utils18\skytexture\', previous definition in 'AiA_Worlds\skytexture\'

File DREN_EDITOR\config.cpp, line 47: '/CfgVehicles/Land_Cargo_House_V1_F.scope': Missing ';' at the end of line

File DREN_EDITOR\config.cpp, line 53: '/CfgVehicles/Land_Cargo_HQ_V1_F.scope': Missing ';' at the end of line

File DREN_EDITOR\config.cpp, line 59: '/CfgVehicles/Land_Cargo_Patrol_V1_F.scope': Missing ';' at the end of line

File DREN_EDITOR\config.cpp, line 66: '/CfgVehicles/Land_Communication_F.scope': Missing ';' at the end of line

File DREN_EDITOR\config.cpp, line 72: '/CfgVehicles/Land_TentHangar_V1_F.scope': Missing ';' at the end of line

File DREN_EDITOR\config.cpp, line 81: '/CfgVehicles/Land_i_Barracks_V1_F.scope': Missing ';' at the end of line

File DREN_EDITOR\config.cpp, line 88: '/CfgVehicles/Land_MilOffices_V1_F.scope': Missing ';' at the end of line

File DREN_EDITOR\config.cpp, line 94: '/CfgVehicles/Land_i_Stone_Shed_V1_F.scope': Missing ';' at the end of line

File DREN_EDITOR\config.cpp, line 101: '/CfgVehicles/Land_i_House_Big_01_V1_F.scope': Missing ';' at the end of line

File DREN_EDITOR\config.cpp, line 108: '/CfgVehicles/Land_i_House_Big_02_V1_F.scope': Missing ';' at the end of line

File DREN_EDITOR\config.cpp, line 115: '/CfgVehicles/Land_i_House_Small_01_V1_F.scope': Missing ';' at the end of line