Sign in to follow this  
redarmy

Skip intro.....Permenant?

Here is my rpt first few lines

== F:\steam3\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

== "F:\steam3\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" mod=@@bcombat;-mod=@your_mod_folder_name;-mod=@your_mod_folder_name2; -nosplash -mod=@your_mod_folder_name4; -mod=@bcombat;-mod=@CBA_A3; -cpuCount=8 -maxMem=8192 -malloc=tbbmalloc -world=Utes

It seems like You don't have any world called Utes available, the game loads empty island instead :icon_twisted:

== "F:\steam3\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" mod=@@bcombat;-mod=@your_mod_folder_name;-mod=@your_mod_folder_name2; -nosplash -mod=@your_mod_folder_name4; -mod=@bcombat;-mod=@CBA_A3; -cpuCount=8 -maxMem=8192 -malloc=tbbmalloc -world=Utes

Sidenote: the mod parameters are a little off also.

The first one has no "-" in front of it. And you can combine all mods in one: -mod=@bcombat;@your_mod_folder_name;@your_mod_folder_name2;@your_mod_folder_name4;@CBA_A3;

It seems like You don't have any world called Utes available, the game loads empty island instead :icon_twisted:

But Utes is in my editor.It dosent matter if i write altis or straris either.

Yeah your whole modline looks very weird.

What are even @your_mod_folder_name, @your_mod_folder_name2 and @your_mod_folder_name4? Those are generally just examples from people to see how the structure of adding mods in the mod line and not real mods. What launcher you're using or did you write that yourself in the launch parameters? I don't see any AiA or similar where you could even have Utes map unless you've really named some of your mod folders like that :D

Might be better just try without any mods first so try to disable them.

Here's how your launch parameter should about look if you've CBA A3 and bCombat:

-nosplash -cpuCount=8 -maxMem=8192 -malloc=tbbmalloc -mod=@CBA_A3;@bcombat;

Your modline is so wrong so no wonder you don't get any island is the main menu.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Yeah your whole modline looks very weird.

What are even @your_mod_folder_name, @your_mod_folder_name2 and @your_mod_folder_name4? Those are generally just examples from people to see how the structure of adding mods in the mod line and not real mods. What launcher you're using or did you write that yourself in the launch parameters? I don't see any AiA or similar where you could even have Utes map unless you've really named some of your mod folders like that :D

Might be better just try without any mods first so try to disable them.

Here's how your launch parameter should about look if you've CBA A3 and bCombat:

-nosplash -cpuCount=8 -maxMem=8192 -malloc=tbbmalloc -mod=@CBA_A3;@bcombat;

Your modline is so wrong so no wonder you don't get any island is the main menu.

Yeah i started playing arma a few months back,was a little unsure of how to impliment mods.If i changed the mod line,some mods didnt work.But i copy and pasted the code you cleaned up their,thanks.

However,still no main menu.

---------- Post added at 04:55 ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 ----------

Yeah i started playing arma a few months back,was a little unsure of how to impliment mods.If i changed the mod line,some mods didnt work.But i copy and pasted the code you cleaned up their,thanks.

However,still no main menu.

EDIT: I never made mod folders,just threw all mods into the addon folder,and kept duplicate mof folders in another drive for referencing sake should i need to know what files to remove if i no longer wanted a mod.Again plz understand i wasnt just new to arma a few months ago,was also my first desktop in general,and all this was a little tricky for me ;) Evolved quite a bit and am capable now at running arma,using scripts etc however this problem im posting is boggling the mind.

Still not fixed for me.I have taken out all mod files(ONE BY ONE) Not working for me still.

I guess a reinstall is only option.Just suprised NOBODY else had this happen.

EDIT: I never made mod folders,just threw all mods into the addon folder,

NOOOOOO!!!!!! Not even once! :D

And just to be sure; you don't have -world in the startup parameters at all? And if you're absolutely sure you don't have any manually copied mod files in your Addons folder, then reinstall may be the next step. But remember to delete the Arma 3 folder after uninstalling. Because if there's files you put in yourself, the uninstaller will leave them in place.

Thanks for the tips lads.

For a new installation,is there anything i should back up? Scenarios etc?