deltagamer

ArmA 2 Stryker Pack

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@kecharles28 Thanks for updating the page.

@Foxhound Thanks again for posting.

Awesome work on the new release Deltagamer. I am loving that you have added the non-SLAT versions :D. I have noticed a bug with the non-SLAT versions as an infantryman you cant walk in the areas where the SLAT armour used to be. You can drive up and park vehicles next to them no problem but as infantry there is a good 30/40cm that you cant enter next to the vehicles, so I think it is using a SLAT collision thing?

@Snippers I'll need to look into that. Is it like that for all the non-slat version?

My bad I assumed it was all of them it is just 3 of them:

M1126 ICV M2 GPK

M1126 ICV M134 CROWS

M1126 ICV M2CROWS

Also I am sorry to be more of a pain but trying to help out here, in the 2D editor 2 of the non-SLAT variants have SLAT icons when placed:

M1129 MC MK19 CROWS

M1133 MEV

Also for icons (when placed in 2D editor) one of the SLAT variant, the MGS has an icon without the SLAT armour.

The M1128 MGS (SLAT) is the only SLAT variant to have the collision where you can walk through the SLAT, all the other SLAT variants are configured properly.

Sorry to be such a pain but I do love this addon!

Edited by Snippers
readability

@Snippers Its fine, your feedback helps me anyway. As for the icons I don't have anything decent to release as of now and its the same with the textures for the stryker, if I had good texturing skills then I would have woodland camo and much better icons as the current ones are from A1. I will try my best to fix the vehicles as best as I can.

If anyone could help me out with textures (for example woodland camo and others) and editor icons then feel free to pm me as it would help me out a lot.

Edited by deltagamer

Here's another update.

V1.2

http://www.mediafire.com/?r7ho6ncax7nc46h

ChangeLog

- All versions now come with and without SLAT armour

- M134 CROWS version added

- M2 GPK version added (Gunner Protection Kit - other weapons may be added)

- Classnames now changed

- Wheel issue should now be fixed

- Sound issue should now be fixed

- Added inventory items

Classnames

• M1126 ICV M134 - [M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_NOSLAT]
  • M1126 ICV M134 (SLAT) - [M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLAT]
  • M1126 ICV M2 CROWS - [M1126_ICV_M2_DG1_NOSLAT]
  • M1126 ICV M2 CROWS (SLAT) - [M1126_ICV_M2_DG1_SLAT]
  • M1126 ICV M2 GPK - [M1126_ICV_M2NEST_DG1_NOSLAT]
  • M1126 ICV mk19 CROWS - [M1126_ICV_mk19_DG1_NOSLAT]
  • M1126 ICV mk19 CROWS (SLAT) - [M1126_ICV_mk19_DG1_SLAT]
  • M1128 MGS - [M1128_MGS_DG1_NOSLAT]
  • M1128_MGS (SLAT) - [M1128_MGS_DG1_SLAT]
  • M1129 MC MK19 CROWS - [M1129_MC_DG1_NOSLAT]
  • M1129 MC MK19 CROWS (SLAT) - [M1129_MC_DG1_SLAT]
  • M1130 CV M2 CROWS - [M1130_CV_DG1_NOSLAT]
  • M1130 CV M2 CROWS (SLAT) - [M1130_CV_DG1_SLAT]
  • M1133 MEV - [M1133_MEV_DG1_NOSLAT]
  • M1133 MEV (SLAT) - [M1133_MEV_DG1_SLAT]
  • M1135 ATGMV - [M1135_ATGMV_DG1_NOSLAT]
  • M1135 ATGMV (SLAT) - [M1135_ATGMV_DG1_SLAT]

Images

Nice update cannot wait to try it out. Keep up the great work :D

I just want to check if the LAV III is just a Stryker body with a LAV25 turret on top or is it more of a LAV25 type of vehicle and have no relation to the Stryker? I'm just wondering if it would be feasible to add the LAV III to this pack.

just did a bit more testing new update is very nice one issue a single rpg can destroy any of the vehicles with or without slats

marshal is destroyed after 2 knocked out in 1 would be nice to see it a bit more robust vehicle

Grenades can also damage it highly 4 40mm will destroy it

I never really fully tested the armour, i'll increase survive-ability of the vehicles in the next update as I'm sure the vehicle would survive at least on hit in real life.

Yea i know its a bit asky but when do u think we could get a update or even a personnel one as im about do do my groups pack :) sorry

I think your right that the LAV-III uses the same Chassis and that turret is the only difference in all the pictures I could see the chassis looks identical. I personally would love to see the LAV-III in this pack! The turrets look similar too but can't find any pictures that are at the right angles to accurately compare the turret (They both use the same bushmaster cannon and have the shape at the front of the turret).

@jones140 not until the weekend I'm afraid, I've got a busy week ahead of me so I won't have much time to get anything done.

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

@Snippers I was reading through the wikipedia article and it mentioned it was a related vehicle, however if someone knows more about the LAV III and said that it would be a good idea to add it then I would most likely add it in. Obviously I can't just go by the wikipedia article as it might be inaccurate.

Related Vehicles (wiki reference)

• Stryker
  • M1128 Mobile Gun System
  • MOWAG Piranha
  • LAV-25
  • ASLAV

Strykers family tree is pretty much.

MOWAG Piranha -> LAV III -> Stryker.

LAV and ASLAV

Piranha -> AS/LAV-25

LAV-III is pretty much a styker (in the sense of the model you have) with a LAV-25 turret. (Which in RL is made by Oto Melara if I'm correct)

Edited by Slatts

Do you think it would be a good idea to add it in then? The Stryker looks exactly the same as the LAV III but I'm still a bit unsure

Do you think it would be a good idea to add it in then? The Stryker looks exactly the same as the LAV III but I'm still a bit unsure

There's only small difference between the Stryker and LAV-3 E.g. the cargo bins on the side of the Stryker. Both the model and in real life the basic chassis is the same AFAIK. So it wouldn't be the worse thing in the world to use the Stryker model as a LAV-3

I'll play around with the main body and try to see if I can get a good enough turret on it to at least resemble the LAV III. I'm sure there was a LAV III released before so I might try and see if I can find it and speak to whoever released the mod and see if they can help me out.

Actually i did notice one slight difference.

http://data3.primeportal.net/apc/dan_hay/lav/images/lav_021_of_241.jpg

The roof of the main body takes an angle upwards before flattening out. Where as the Stryker is straight across.

I see what you mean, I guess the passenger compartment would have to be reworked on the stryker to resemble the LAVIII passenger compartment more then. In that case I will look into the vehicles differences as I'm sure the interior will also be much different as well.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to have an additional set of lights on a vehicle: the usual headlights switched on/off by the driver, and independent from that a searchlight that is attached to the commander turret, i.e. can turn around (even greater if up and down, too), and is switched by the commander. Preferrably something with a more narrow light cone but farther range.

@Brainbug Its funny you mention that, I was planning on adding that in. I wasn't sure if I wanted to just stick a spotlight on the turrets or use it through the FLIR pod as I think most FLIR pods come with IR lights built-in that can only be seen with NVGS etc. I'm not sure if the IR light would work in arma (similar to the collision lights but more of a spotlight) but I guess I can see what I can make out of it.

LAV and ASLAV

Piranha -> AS/LAV-25

LAV-III is pretty much a styker (in the sense of the model you have) with a LAV-25 turret. (Which in RL is made by Oto Melara if I'm correct)

I am a freak about this stuff but I would say the LAV lll turret and the Lav 25 turret are kinda the same but with some big difference.

Lav 25

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/MikeV/LAV-25%20Build/2011_1016LAV25Turret0001.jpg (104 kB)

LAV lll

TRP00001519_4_l.jpg

And it comes down to older versions of the LAV 25 and the newer Canadian lav lll with the extra armor and bla bla bla bla bla :P I think the main diffrence is just the extra storage boxes on the sides but let me know if I missed somthing. I cannot sit there and compare to images. Anyways a Lav lll would be cool since the only arma 3 one out currently. Has no sound. :) Oh and there is a NZLAV lll so that could be totally different also :P

Thx for all ur work.

Anyway how about try to make function, that openable Ramp for APC