Sign in to follow this  
nosecone

Help with Heli 4 hire

Hi all

Had to reinstall TOH and of course re install heli 4 hire mod. I have got Heli 4 hire working now but when I accept a task via the radio (call in current task via the radio on the map, hit 0-0-2 requst current task) I fly to the location and there is either no one there of the task disappears. My helo has seats installed for passager ferry but not sure what I am doing wrong. I now its an old MOD but can anyone help

Cheers

Rhys

I'm currently on the fence about purchasing Take On Helicopters right now on steam for 20 USD, and my major factor in doing so would be the use of the Heli 4 Hire Mod, but I'm not sure if it works with the newest updates of TKOH, which might be the problem here. I can't say for sure, as I don't even own the game yet, but if anyone can confirm that the mod is now too old and outdated to be compatible with the newest patch of TKOH, then I sadly won't buy the game, as I don't like the idea of a scripted career mode where you can only fly canned missions. I love the idea of being able to choose my own jobs, in an open world environment, where I can make my own story. I'm weird in that I don't like storylines in games....

Anyways, sorry I can't contribute more information as to your problem, OP, but I have also asked about compatibility with the latest patch and the Heli 4 Hire mod on the steam forums...hopefully if no one can deliver any insight here, someone on steam can...

If money wasn't such an issue for me, I'd buy the game and try it myself, but as I said, I don't want to spend the money unless the mod will work.

I digress...thanks in advance to anyone who can give us some information.

EDIT/Update:

Ok, so if anyone else is still looking for this information, I did get the mod to work. And yes, I did take a 20 dollar gamble, lol.

Basically, here's what has to happen to install the mod using the steam version:

Download the mod/mission Heli4Hire (from the 1st page&post link)

Put the unzipped folder in the missions folder in Take on Helicopter's main steam directory C:\Progam Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Take On Helicopters

MUST RENAME THE FOLDER TO (Heli4Hire-master.United_States_H)

Also in the Heli4Hile folder there is a folder called (Addon (install pbo file as mod) the files in this folder go to C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Take On Helicopters\@Moach\Addons

YOU MAKE THE FOLDERS (@Moach\Addons)

Now, after all that is said and done, you then have to go into the game and click on expansions and enable @Moach or Heli4Hire or whatever you named it.

Even after this it would appear as though it doesn't work if you go to open it using the editor like it's described. No, if you want to play this mod, go to single player, then challenges, then you'll see "Heli4Hire Simcopter Revival"

Check that box and click play. Boom, now you're in a free mode where you can manage up to three choppers, with a limited amount of funds (you earn more money by doing missions) and a hangar to customize your helos.

In order to start earning the money for this be sure to turn on your ATC radio and report in to your dispatcher to get assignments. Tons of different missions from passenger taxis, medevacs (I think) and sling load operations.

Have fun, pilots.

Edited by Hero540

I have the mission working only issue is when I accept a passenger ferry i press accept current task press 0 0 2 fly to the location no one is there. I'll make sure atc radio is on, on panel maybe that's the issue

Hi all

Got everything working only bug is when doing locations scouting I pick the the passengers but no direction where to fly them or anything else sems that the projects dead in the water sadly like the take on helicopter forums